Debt Rattle February 26 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 26 2016

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Russell Lee Washington DC, “Cafe on L Street.” 1938 • A System That Is Stable Only When Under The Influence (BBG) • OECD’s William White: In Terms of
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 26 2016]

rapier
    Participant

The EU may break down but the European Monetary Union will march on, which was probably always the point. As Greece showed there is no alternative to the EMU because the unknowns are too much for politicians to bear.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

A society that focuses so much attention on the stock market has lost its ability to create wealth. Money making money is a substitute, benefiting few.

jal
    Participant

I forgot the reasons for building walls.

China ….
    Rome …
    USA …

jal
    Participant

I forgot the reasons for building walls.

China ….
    Rome …
    USA …

Chris M
    Participant

Ken,

You are exactly right. Labor applied to raw materials is what creates wealth.

Furthermore, injecting money in the middle of the economy, as they do, provides less benefit than monetizing raw materials at the base of the economy and getting the full generation of national income as the raw materials move through the economy on their way to the end consumer. The issue being faced all over the world is a shortage of income, that shortage being replaced with debt and poverty.

Some say this is incompetence on the part of the central bankers, finance ministers, and politicians. I think a lot of it is due to ignorance. Many don’t understand how an economy really works. But I am one of those cynical souls who also believe it is maliciousness on part of those at the top of the pyramid. They are guided by their plans to consolidate control. I have my doubts that they are as incompetent as they seem.

seychelles
    Participant

But I am one of those cynical souls who also believe it is maliciousness on part of those at the top of the pyramid. They are guided by their plans to consolidate control. I have my doubts that they are as incompetent as they seem.

Exactly right. Cynical does not translate to invalid.

Chris M
    Participant

Seychelles,

I guess that I am a little frustrated seeing all these articles whereby it is suggested that these people, central bankers in particular, are clueless as to what they are doing. I mean the people that read this blog could easily construct an economy that would work and be solvent. Are you telling me that we are that much smarter than them? If that is the case, how in the world did they get their jobs?? It just sounds ludicrous to me.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    They absolutely know what they are doing. Incompetent people don’t always increase their power, wealth, and control at every “mistake.” The perps are the Debt-Money Monopolists – the people who own and control the mega-money center banks and set up and control the central banks (they all act together, Dimon is on the board of the Federal Reserve, if memory serves).
    This attack on ordinary people has long been known.
    Lord Acton knew it. Napoleon knew it (he was running his own authoritarian system). Andrew Jackson knew it. Abe Lincoln knew it. Charles Lindbergh, Sr. knew it. James Madison knew it. James Garfield knew it. There was a reason why the Debt-Money Monopolists seized control of American schooling and the major media at the turn of the 20th Century – they had to hide this information from the masses.
    Is it “cynical” to see a rabid dog running at you, growling and foaming at the mouth, and claim that a dog is about to bit you? Or is that common sense?
    I could go on for hours on end, and if you like, I will.
    I will leave you with this quote from Henry Ford, Sr. – “The one aim of these [Debt-Money Monopolist] financiers is WORLD CONTROL THROUGH INEXTINGUISHABLE DEBT.”
    The world’s premier industrialist wasn’t guessing when he made that statement, HE KNEW.

Greenpa
    Participant

“EU will fall apart in 10 days” – I love it! A solid prediction. Predictions – that come true- are what it’s all about; witness gravity waves. That’s actual proof. He knew what he was talking about. One of the most amusing aspects of the Financial Sector is – nobody ever keeps track of whose predictions come true, and whose don’t. How rude that would be. And how useful. Here’s a great one to start tracking.

Re: The Owners are specifically directing their media to generate more volatility; the quote here from the Wall Street Journal couldn’t BE any more transparent:

“The crushing start to the year for markets has taken a respite. But…” Crushing? MIght other adjectives have been used? My translation: “Things have been as bad as possible; but it’s a little better today, but it probably will be horrible again soon…” The more volatility – the more profits for those in on the fix.

Raleigh
    Participant

Damascus, 200 miles south of Aleppo, appears relatively untouched by the Syrian war. Life goes on.

https://en.farsnews.com/imgrep.aspx?nn=13941207000457

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.