Debt Rattle January 3 2024

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 3 2024

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Oroboros
    Participant

End the day with some comic relief

I use to have a cat that would do this

Cat Taking a Selfie T-shirt (brown XL)

tboc
    Participant

beggars mounted – the outcome is foretold

tboc
    Participant

a word from James Madison:
    “Democracy is the most vile form of government.”

and a few more

” A pure Democracy, by which I mean a Society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the Government in person, can admit of no cure for the mischiefs of faction. A common passion or interest will, in almost every case, be felt by a majority of the whole; a communication and concert result from the form of Government itself; and there is nothing to check the inducements to sacrifice the weaker party, or an obnoxious individual. Hence it is, that such Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives, as they have been violent in their deaths.
    James Madison

tboc
    Participant

Democracy is for slaves of the Enlightenment.

aspnaz
    Participant

jb-hb said

Or from Karl Denninger/Tickerguy/Genesis
    https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=250398

Look at the comments section across the tickerguy website, you will notice that on the vast majority of articles the commenters do not differ from the host in any significant way. The reason is that the host bans people with whom he has a significant disagreement. It is his site, so all commenters have to follow his rules. The result is that the comments are boring and worthless; an echo chamber.

Denninger basically has “spoilt God” syndrome, where he considers his opinion so highly that he will never consider that it is just an “opinion”, instead he thinks it is the “word of God”, the “absolute truth”. He cannot handle being told that his is just an opinion. For example, in the incident in which he describes, which was obviously something to do with finance, he says that his father (who was a CPA) knew what he was either doing or supporting would harm Denninger’s daughter. I suspect that there is more to this story, but maybe his father was right, maybe Denninger, in his absolute conviction that his opinions are the word of God, failed to admit that his opinion was in fact flawed and his father was correct. To compensate for his loss of face, he sulks.

Not an example I would present to anyone in terms of a lesson on how to live your life. How can you live side by side with people if you are not tolerant of other peoples’ views? If you neighbour votes a different way to you, do you refuse to ever talk to them again? Sure, you do not cave in and vote their way, but you can still continue civil discourse and discuss other matters on which you do agree. And, when it comes to voting, you do your thing, he does his thing. Even though him voting for Biden means that he is supporting genocide, transgendered children etc, all the things that disgust you.

Sulking gets you nothing. You do not win. You do not convince the other person of your views. All it does it show people that you gave up the fight, you knew you were too weak to win, so you gave up. Giving up is not a good lesson for anyone.

When I hear that someone has cancer or heart problems – one more in my family last year – then I will say that I am not surprised when anyone who had been Covid vaxxed gets cancer or heart problems. I do not consider whether they agree or not, I let them know my opinion. I also do not expect them to sulk just because I told them my opinion, for it is just my opinion, it is not the word of God.

John Day
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.