Debt Rattle Jul 24 2014: Ukraine: What To Do When Growth Is Gone

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Jul 24 2014: Ukraine: What To Do When Growth Is Gone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Children of citrus workers, Winter Haven, Fla. Jan 1937 “The fact that the coalition has fallen apart, that laws haven’t been voted o
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Jul 24 2014: Ukraine: What To Do When Growth Is Gone]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Everything US Foreign Policy touches turns to shit. It’s just a given now.

Everything US Economic Policy touches becomes ever more dependent on more debt folly.

Everything US Entitlement/Social Policy touches creates more poverty and reliance upon systems that can’t be sustained.

So, the only real “Growth” taking place is in all of the above. Any bets on how this ends?

rapier
    Participant

It’s 10PM EST and neither the NY Times or Washington Post online front pages mention the resignation of PM Yatsenyuk. Not that I can find anyway. I suppose his statement is just too difficult to spin. As much as the separatists in the east have a pretend country the same can be said about the east, the Kaganate of the Nulands. (An inside joke coined by a Pepe Escobar commentator)

Here I figured with the billions flowing in they could pay the army and keep some semblance of a country, at least until winter. How wrong I was. The real story on the ground there is increasingly tragic but the story about the story, or should I say the lack of it,is entertaining in a sick way.

The incompetence of the administration is astounding. The worst part being I don’t even think they think they are failing since success for them seems to be who is winning the PR war. If ever there was a time where fate delivered some massive blow to the deluded this would be a prime time for it as the whole thing seems like peak stupidity.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Is it just me or does the whole world seem surreal these days? Or am I just spending too much time at TAE? I take nothing at face value anymore. I have always known that the media is nothing but propaganda, but the recent anti-Putin propaganda was so over the top that it woke me from my slumber. The Marie Harf video was really hard to watch. Is it too much to ask that the mouthpiece of the government be a little more articulate, composed, and competent? At least then I might be taken in by the propaganda and stay in the Matrix. This is all bad quality B-move propaganda that even lacks residual entertainment value.

Maybe it’s not just the propaganda. A light came on when I read Rapier’s comment yesterday that “One inch past our borders and the government is only criticized for being too weak, too timid.” So true. In fact, Michael Snyder hast a list up today of issues where Americans are politically divided:

America The Divided: Everyone Knows We Have Problems But There Is Very Little Agreement On Solutions

Note that virtually all of the issues are domestic — I don’t think that’s an accident. And though all of the issues are important, some are obviously more important than others. Yet there is no sense of priorities in the U.S., no grasp of the big picture.

That realization, and perhaps the realization that others are realizing the same thing, makes the whole world seem all the more dreamlike and unreal.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Navigating Wonderland, even Alice needed drugs. Lacking that, one does best by stepping back, away from the fray and not letting the bastards get you. Especially mentally.
    Knowing the truth may not allow one to change anything, except ones personal decisions.
    Great read and information…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.