Debt Rattle July 30 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 30 2015

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing Harding inauguration 1921 • The Great Reset – Act II (Russell Napier) • Treason Charges: What Lurks Behind The Bizarre Allegations (Varou
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 30 2015]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Smear? Indeed, with the consequent theater.

We’ve managed a Potemkin Village into a Potemkin economic world…
    Poof…

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

When you cannot persuade others to your position, destroy them, their reputation and their standing. Allegations of treason do quite handily. Treason to what?

Tsipras has called for a party referendum on Sunday (ZH), let’s see how that turns out anything like other recent referendums; – ‘Throw a referendum and see if it sticks’, or ‘If covered by referendums you become invisible – nobody can see what you are doing’. Good luck with that.

And the IMF is declining to participate in this last Greek bailout, unqualified borrower it seems, won’t be able to service their debt. Just how long has this condition been known? Why wasn’t something done about it then?

Varoufakis might need lawyer up at this point. Treason? – really? Might check accusers about that very thing; projecting is quite the thing amongst the adolescents these days, and the maturity of the troika institutions + Euro Stability Fund verges on entering adolescence.

gezelle
    Participant

Regarding ” the suddenly noticed ” bartering situation….. what a crock.
    To my specific knowledge there has been a well developed and widespread bartering network of both goods and services on the islands as well as the suburbs and city centers for at least the last 5 years. This has been one of the only ways for people and smallish businesses to continue to survive at all.
    I wonder why the media making note of it….could it be the mention of those dastardly people are once again avoiding taxes?? Imagine that, everyday people trying to survive the collapse
    and chaos all around them and Reuters needs to mention the lack of taxes not being paid.
    Shame on them all.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

“When you cannot persuade others to your position, destroy them, their reputation and their standing. Allegations of treason do quite handily. Treason to what?”

T-Bear, I had a mental lapse there, and for just a split second thought you were referring to this:

I’m beginning to wonder if there might be such a thing as “power-mad cow disease” because it seems to be spreading.

Greenpa
    Participant

“Something tells me the Greeks will come out of this in good shape.”

Well. According to my concept of western history (which is VERY sketchy) – they didn’t do so well when Big Al croaked, and the whole thing fell apart. At least according to the Romans, around 200 BC, all of Greece was collapsed, and collapsing further; no jobs, population dropping, to the point where Greeks were selling themselves into slavery, to Romans, out of sheer boredom; and probably some hunger.

Of course it’s pretty hard to tell which bits of official history were just made up. For some ulterior motive, or out of sheer boredom.

Greenpa
    Participant

I think both Tsipras and Varoufakis have been and continue to walk on the most dangerous tight-wires on the planet. I am in awe.

Nassim
    Participant

I think that choosing Greece to be a test-bed for their shock-therapy is not such a smart idea. The Greeks have a long history as mercenaries and fighters. They will take care of themselves the only way they can.

Few historians seem to be aware that plenty of Greeks were fighting on the Persian side against Alexander, for example. Greece always was a poor country and exporting sailors and mercenaries are ancient traditions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.