Debt Rattle June 23 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 23 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Henri Matisse The goldfish 1912   • Greece Swaps Bailout Hell For Eternal Purgatory (R.) • Euro Is Here To Stay: German Finance Minister (R.) • C
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 23 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

There is no fixing this death machine. It cannot be changed; it must be ended.
    Figuring out how to do that is key.

Nothing new under the sun (King Solomon; ecclesiastes) and history is witness to the truth of that.
    Tacitus almost 2,000 years ago wrote this;

“To ravage, to slaughter, to usurp under false titles, they call it empire and where they make a desert, they call it peace.”

Tacitus

And Lukaku just scored for Belgium. After that story I posted on Thursday, I can only say good on him. Half man, half tree: “I’m the strongest dude you’re ever going to meet.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

LOL, and why am I not surprised?
    Because he’s the strongest dude you’re ever going to meet.
    It never ceases to amaze how life brings us out; for better or worse, but out indeed…

Dr. D
    Participant

Using an erroneous photo as the national cover shot: classic! Just says it all. And not the first time! Highly representative as it’s not *quite* wrong, but the implications are wrong, but they’re political and propagandist Goebbels’ dream. Odd part is, I’m sure there are plenty of photos that are TRUE, but who cares, right?

…And still no conversation about why on earth Hondurans would travel. Nope. Of course! everyone wants to come here, I’m sure Central America is a peaceful paradise and if it isn’t, we didn’t have anything to do with it.

Add McCain to my list of epic, military-grade hypocritical quotes. “Mr. Trump, tear down this wall!” (that all of us demanded you build through most of our careers).

Changing from to the crisis to get the Peace Summit out of the news as fast as possible, and now when he signs an order, “the Administration has been silent.” Really? It’s been one day. The bureaucrats are no doubt scrambling (in government terms) to create new procedures to find the people affected and connect them, and when you’re trying to get phone lines and organize joint housing for 2,000? 5,000? people, it takes more than 24 hours; they couldn’t plan lunch in 24 hours. Just another example of how evil we are that we didn’t already have a city or two empty and waiting for people who legally shouldn’t have come — just like Europe last year. How dare Europe not have 4 cities of 250,000 houses empty and waiting? It’s pure evil, I tells ya. …No, it’s physics. Large logistics are different than small logistics. Do some military math on “If 4 men can walk abreast over a bridge, and there are 250,000 men, how long will it take to cross?” (A: approx 4 days) But not to fear: when they get this reunion into the same terrible, inefficient, wasteful, bureaucratic tangle the government gets everything in, the news will move on to the next thing, and no one will care about the children again, same as the last 40 years, same as worldwide. Actually, I’ve run across a number of articles lambasting the hysteria by going after the millions of children actively and intentionally killed by the U.S. abroad, starting with half-a-million in the Iraq embargo, something Albright, Clinton’s Secretary of State called “worth it.” (I have no idea what we got out of that. Maybe it made her friends happy.) So, great head start, and ??possibly?? worse than temporarily separating a thousand children, who remain alive and well fed. Add Donbass, Sudan, Libya, Syria…and I bet you could get over 2 million children dead without breaking a sweat.

But as we see, the Resistance™ is going to stop this by giving Trump MORE money than he asked for the military, in Yemen, for example, and by enthusiastically signing up for more NSA domestic surveillance, on them, while supporting the placement of FBI spies in opposition campaigns (now theirs), just in case. I assume they went to a different military training than I did.

Since governments, and Britain, have never cared about a living thing in their whole existence, enthusiastically killing not just humans, but all the whales, the seals, the fish, the birds, and now the bugs, ending the entire ecosystem of earth, I have to think they could care less about plastics either. Besides, people have been asking for 60 years and they would never allow it, in fact they legally REQUIRED it for “sanitary” reasons. I have a theory it’s more to do with the North Seas and import/export balance, something they DO care about.

You see, the North Seas saved their bacon and made Thatcher look like an economic success when really it was just the addition of these trillions in free energy. But now that’s shutting down and worse than being dependent on energy imports again, they’re dependent on RUSSIAN gas, because Russia and Syria, maybe even Iran, were supposed to be conquered by now. The U.S. may be an ally, but they have no LNG infrastructure to speak of. So oil and gas imports are going to rise sharply at the same time they are clearly bankrupt (or perhaps: looted) already. How to cope?

Well, you probably can’t stop petrol due to infrastructure balance, but you CAN stop importing all the other petroleum products. Like what? What can we take away from the people that they will applaud? (even though it will still drop GNP, our one true love) Well, plastics. Plastics are a petroleum import, often synthesized domestically from natural gas (as is fertilizer). So tightening your belt and going on a plastics diet will clip the margins of petroleum imports.

…Certainly a lot more plausible than thinking they actually CARED about the whales, the birds, the people, because they’re killing every bird they can find with the English insect Armageddon, and are pleased as punch to pay Monsanto (now Bayer) to kill every hedgehog in England despite chilling press coverage. That doesn’t read “caring” to me. Watch the import/export flows, and see if they make another move to reduce, and call it “love”.

And he scores a second.

V. Arnold
    Participant

But of course, Lukaku is on a roll. A force of nature like that is rare indeed…

zerosum
    Participant

Reality does not offer the comforts of THE MATRIX.
    THE MATRIX cannot terminate.

John Day
    Participant

“Lenders have given Greece the last €15 billion of the bailout to build a cash buffer. They also extended their loans by 10 years, meaning Greece should not face large repayments until the 2030s.”
    We will be in a different world by 2030, but I don’t know the details. If my health is good I will be growing vegetables and riding my bike(s). If I can, I’ll be providing medical care to poor people.
    I think we;ll have a different definition of “money” by then, maybe several.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.