Debt Rattle June 25 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 25 2021

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Bill7
    Participant

Adding: small, sole-propietor business is essentially destroyed in my central coast Cal town of under 20k; MegaCorp outfits were never closed (“essential”, dontcha know) and have been going like gangbusters all through the “pandemic”.

Just so confyoozing! Mebbe a PMC explaining-class Explainer can explain it..

Insensitivity to pain is not a blessing. Stick your hand in the fire and see if pain isn’t your friend.
    A vaccine for Alzheimer’s? I guess since they trashed the meaning of what a vaccine is, why not call any new magic crap they try to intervene with a “vaccine”. A new wine for every communion…

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Pharmacy is a combination of the Greek term * pharama form IE * bher- (to charm, enchant) and -(a)-ko- resulting in * pharmako- (magic, charm, cure, potion, medicine) and in Latin pharmacie.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15146844/

In the Bible the KJV translates pharmakeia as sorcery or magic arts. When I look at where at least part of the pharmaceutical industry is heading, I think that’s more than ever a relevant translation.

absolute galore
    Participant

The Jim Bovard piece on conspiracy theories is excellent. Even if I’m not all in, the way the term is deployed, and the history of its development, is fascinating. Raul’s comment as to why Putin’s Puppet was never labeled such tells you exactly which cohorts are running things at the momen–and why it takes forever, if ever, to get to the bottom of any of this B.S. Exhausting.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Looking back at what I was thinking for most of last year, it was like I was hypnotized or under some kind spell that started wearing off very shortly after Biden was inaugurated. I’m almost tempted to wonder if somebody put something in one of my seltzer-waters on Valentine’s Day 2020!

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Then on top of that, you aren’t allowed to actually see anyone, speak in person, you must hunker down in your home like solitary confinement.

Perhaps one reason I was so slow to realize the ominous nature of what was happening was because I’m one of those freaks who has lived that way naturally for quite some time now.

ctbarnum
    Participant

The tragic thing is even needing to ask the question.

“The drug has become a test case for a controversy that’s long been building in health care, about how much input patients should have in their own treatment. Well before Covid-19, the medical profession was thrust into a revolution in patient information, inspired by a combination of Google and new patients’ rights laws.”

Can a Drug be Right Wing?

Bill7
    Participant

> test case for a controversy that’s long been building in health care, about how much input patients should have in their own treatment. <

Who the f*ck else should do the deciding? I urge everyone to read ctbarnum’s link to Taibbi’s so-careful column above.
    One of the real wake-ups of the “pandemic” for me has been seeing so clearly how holding sway of public opinion
    is more important than facts in this dismal digital age.

Oroboros
    Participant

Bill7
    Participant

“ivermectin is sooper-dangerous.. after all, it’s likely to help you recover!”

Mister Roboto
    Participant

And likely to demonstrate that Covid is more like a rabid dog that needs to and can be put down rather than Cthulhu rising out of the ocean.

ctbarnum
    Participant

@Bill7

You’d be surprised at how much conflict I’ve had regarding this very issue. They get especially irate when you ask for hard data to support their “clinical assessment.”

It is a trust/distrust issue and they’ve made enough mistakes on me to place me in the second camp. Ultimately, I decide anyway.

ctbarnum
    Participant

Even for interpretation of fairly basic bloodwork analysis. It’s irritating. So most times I wind up calculating the ratios myself.

Bill7
    Participant

Odd to me that so many use phrases like the oft-heard “..this very real pandemic”.. would that not now be self-evident and pointing it out unneeded, sixteen months on?

In a *real* pandemic we’d all know someone who died of it, and no word-play would be necessary.

Huskynut
    Participant

@Bill7 “Who the f*ck else should do the deciding?”

Indeed – you nailed it succinctly.
    One of the gobsmacking things to me has been the way vast numbers of health practitioners appear incapable of recalling their own hypocratic oath – first do no harm.

With that oath in mind, and knowing the speed and lack of clinical trials underpinning the vaccines, how can any health practitioner possibly offer them in anything but the most guarded and caveated terms?

Not that they couldn’t/shouldn’t offer vaccines as a medically-approved treatment (to withhold access by patients to them would be just as unethical), but with full evidence (pros and cons), with the patient making an informed, unpressured decision.

Of course the vaccine uptake in France shows what the patient response is to that….

Bill7
    Participant

> Even for interpretation of fairly basic bloodwork analysis. It’s irritating. So most times I wind up calculating the ratios myself. <

I hear you, ct: we’re on our own now (assuming health is the goal, heh). That’s not necessarily a bad thing, as a couple of commenters have pointed out; but will the Few and their minions “allow” that?

Bill7
    Participant

I like Hopper’s stuff (good, curiously harsh light), and Magritte (really makes you think) quite a lot, too. Nothing like Fra Angelico, Antonello, and G. Bellini though. Those were the dudes..

Bill7
    Participant

Huskynut said: “One of the gobsmacking things to me has been the way vast numbers of health practitioners appear incapable of recalling their own hypocratic oath – first do no harm…”

Interesting times, no? I’ve lately taken to signing my emails “unwoke, unvaxxed, untechnoFeudalized.” Seems important, though few apparently to want to know (for now).

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.