Debt Rattle June 26 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 26 2022

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

In the EU, we see Germany and other countries opening up the mothballed coal-fired power plants (highest EROI, highest pollution). “This is a temporary measure because of the war”. The war justifies whatever needs to be done, without the admission of having lied.
    The World Is Failing In Both Energy Affordability And Climate Goals
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-World-Is-Failing-In-Both-Energy-Affordability-And-Climate-Goals.html

​ Can the same people who lied announce that they lied? Probably not. It would be a new thing. The development of a new global trade currency, based upon commodities (real economic production), and independent of “siegniorage” benefits to a country printing fiat-currency, would free all other countries of paying that particular economic rent. That currency would offer a parallel economic option, which would allow countries to default on $US debt, and also to tell foreign oil and mining companies that they no-longer had any claims on wells and mines, that those now belonged to the people of Venezuela, Iran and Peru, for instance.

The threat to any country repudiating $US debt and foreign-ownership of national-resources and assets is the US/NATO military alliance, which does not “win” much lately, but inflicts severe pain and hardship upon countries like Iraq, Syria, Libya, Iran and Venezuela, whch fail to subordinate their national interests to the western financial empire.

The War in Ukraine continues to erode that threat. It is seen that western industry is no longer able to sustain the full production to supply a major war, as it did in Korea and Vietnam. Russian industry seems completely capable of this.

The Return of Industrial Warfare
    .. In short, US annual artillery production would at best only last for 10 days to two weeks of combat in Ukraine. If the initial estimate of Russian shells fired is over by 50%, it would only extend the artillery supplied for three weeks.
    The US is not the only country facing this challenge. In a recent war game involving US, UK and French forces, UK forces exhausted national stockpiles of critical ammunition after eight days.​
    https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/return-industrial-warfare

Venezuela has been granted a special dispensation to sell heavy crude to Germany, which has one refinery that can be configured to refine it. (Venezuela still does not get the national gold back from London, though.) This can be decreed by the US because the US Navy does effectively rule the ocean shipping lanes. How long the control of shipping lanes by the “Atlanticist” powers may continue is in question. If the $US loses primacy suddenly, this will be unaffordable. In a longer monetary/trade contest, the US Navy would be a priority.
    This book review states the case for waning US naval dominance.

The End Of The World Is Just Beginning For Shipping

The faith-based global financial system must retain the faith of the wealthy elites, not only workers saving for retirement. The G-7 countries have just banned buying Russian gold, but Switzerland is not a mamber, and there is still no accounting for who took delivery of over 3 tons of Russian gold that entered Switzerland in May. (Financial elites feather their own nests. They might voice nationalist loyalties when it serves their interests.) It remains possible that this gold in Switzerland may correspond to Russian gold in other locations, such as Singapore, which could be there to backstop the “Golden Ruble” when it makes it’s debut, and free of direct Rusian involvement.
    Most of the countries in the world are not G-7 members and would like to have Russian oil and gold. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/biden-g-7-will-ban-russian-gold-imports

It is reasonable to expect global financial elites to be prepared to have hedged their bets going into a global financial regime change, which is inevitable, but uncertain as to timing and ultimate format. How soon might they jump ship? If the regime is really about to change, the first to jump will get the most rewards, and the late-jumpers will lose out. The early jumpers could also lose “bigly”…

For those of us who are financial peons, decisions are more real-world than financial/monetary. We all have finances and expenses, bills and debts. We can work to get out of debt as the best investment, then invest in things which will be of direct useto us in a lower energy future, like vegetable gardens, getting in shape by practicing bicycle transit, lowering our energy needs for comfort and fuel, and contributing to healthy families and friendship relations.
    All of these have supported humans through history. The days of relying solely upon financial support to cover all needs are ending.

A risk for us is to take the bait of free electronic money on the path to the end of the chute where we will have no choices and no ability to wiggle free.
    Another risk is to take in chemicals or medicines which will weaken or kill us in time, anything from Diet-Coke to Pfizer/Moderna products.
    We can invest in eliminating debts and addictive habits, and working on our own projects to build a decent human future.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@Dr-D

“We make S—t Up!™” “We make our own reality”, that is, “Reality is just whatever I SAY it is.”

If a person is Un-sane, has no reason, rejects reality and facts, they are therefore a danger to themselves and others and must immediately be removed, put under the stewardship of others. Anyone planning on doing this, or just letting the #Insane run everything? ‘Cause if you won’t, looks like Russia WILL take them out and put them under control. You can’t stop them because you’re madder than King George and look twice as stupid in your silk pants.

That fits my life-long experience of everyone just hooking up, no interest in relationships, careless in the execution, mostly with people they don’t love and wouldn’t stay with, then “Fixing the problem” if anything inconvenient gets in the way of their personal pleasure. Why not? Being responsible, saying no, and sleeping with people you love is annoying and a little bit hard. It’s easier to drink tequila at the dive bar, smoke some meth, and party. It’s not like she/he isn’t pretty after all, or a “good” person. Why not? 99% of the Americans I know live this way.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What started out as a few Montreal drug addicts scamming welfare make-work programs back in 1994 has become a global empire of hedonism known simply as VICE. From a 16-page newspaper about punk bands and violence to stores, a clothing line, VICE Films, VICE TV, VICE Records, viceland.com, etc., VICE has become much more than a way for three guys to get laid. It’s become a lifestyle, a degrading and disgusting lifestyle of sex and drugs and rock and roll and death. This book is a collection of the irreverent, hilarious and downright scary gonzo journalism that brought three losers from the crack houses of Le Plateau to the deluxe apartments of Manhattan.

John Day
    Participant

@Chooch: I have read all that you just wrote with care and understanding. I think you describe the inner human beter than Paul did in his letter to the Corinthians, which you quoted:

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord. [2 Cor. 5:1-6]

“knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord”

This paints an either-or situation, which may be my misreading of Paul’s intent.
    I think the ideal is to live AS Jesus lived, in communion with Gof and living fully his human life, also.

I think this is what he sought to teach, but not what people were prepared to understand (usually).
    Jesus taught that humans are not subjects, but children of a loving and forgiving God. This was the best available analogy, and revolutionary. It may have been easier for”Greeks”, non-Jews to comprehend, without so much baggage specific to the coming of a specific Jewish messiah, and all of the physical kingdom expectations which had been built upon that expectation. The teachings regarding spiritual “circumcision” might not work well for non-Jews, by the same token.

I was thwarted in my younger years by the reductionism of Christianity, as practiced wherever I looked in the US, but having had worshipful communion in small groups at times. When Tibetan Buddhist teaching by a master became available to me, in spring 2021, I never rejected the teachings of Jesus in any way. When I told the Lama that I could not, he laughed spontaneously, as to say “where did you ever get such a notion?”

I see no divergence, but convergent paths in search of direct knowing of spiritual reality, which we perceive as different from physical reality, but which I have always thought to be a misperception.

chooch
    Participant

Canary in coal mine? Curious to she data from other countries, certainly Israel. Isn’t BioNTech German?

https://twitter.com/Jikkyleaks/status/1540914383349395456?s=20&t=MYN_p0KalzKZI_1GtLeKlw

aspnaz
    Participant

Acting on a proposal of the European Commission, the European Parliament, as expected, voted yesterday to renew the EU Digital Covid Certificate for another year. The vote was 453 for, 119 against and 19 abstentions.

The EU still refuses to care about the well-known fact that the vaccine does nothing positive to stop the spread of Covid, and therefore is a useless tool for keeping infectious people out of certain areas where they could infect others. It also continues to refuse to care that it is supposed to be kind of democratic – yes, I know that bit has smelled funny for a long time. All we see in this decision is that fear is driving them toward authoritarianism: they are afraid and they think this is going to help them, maybe it will.

I am interested to see which, if any, EU country drops the EU first. Will Germany allow its industrial base to die because the EU commanded sanctions? Will millions of newly unemployed Germans stand up for themselves or will they cower at home confident that their government is doing what’s best for Germany? Given that the politicians are corrupt cowards they will do whatever is least scary for them: which is more scary, crossing the USA, crossing the EU, dumping on their own people? I suspect the EU will be the first to lose, but we shall see. Popcorn at the ready.

Neal
    Participant

The captured British merc. What effort is the UK government making for him? Moreover what about the 2 captured by the local government ( that unlike Russia has the death penalty and sentenced 2 Brits to death).
    Seems to me that the wisest thing for the Russians to do is let any foreigners be caught by the local forces and not the Russian army. Then what will the wests governments do if dozens of westerners end up on death row? If they provide consular assistance or make representations for them then the Russians need to shut any such contact with them down and tell the foreign officials that they need to deal with the Donbas officials. A quandary for the west as that requires de facto recognition that a Donbas republic exists. The UK government virtually encouraged Brits to go join an international brigade in the Ukraine. Now Russia claims to have killed 800 of them (probably vastly exaggerated) but I can’t recall seeing any mention in any western paper of any foreign fighter killed (a news blackout or what?).
    Seems so strange that the least biased news sources are either Russian, third world or bloggers. Western MSM is not even worth lining a bird cage with ( maybe my budgie can read and that would be animal cruelty).

chooch
    Participant

That is the biggest change in territory in quite some time.

It is rumored that general Mobilisation has begun in the Southern and Western Military Districts of the Russian Federation. Set to be announced on 27 Jun or 1 Jul.

John Day
    Participant
    WES
    Participant

Sadly, the vaccine war on the people of the west rolls on, unabated, claiming more and more victims every day.
    This was no accident.
    It was planned and approved by the elites.
    Notice how overboard the prime ministers of Canada, Australia, and New Zealand behaved.
    They all tried to force the vaccines on their subjects.
    Trudeau is still keeping restrictions on unvaxxed Canadians for refusing to get vaxxed.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.