Debt Rattle June 30 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 30 2021

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

Remember kids! All hyperinflation is transitory.

Phew! That’s what all the nice people on the news tell us, we don’t want to hear anything that feelz bad…

Please make Daddy, errr Piggy, errr Bad White Man go away ~ We chil’rens love making all the baddies go away, 1619 project for da winz : )

We’re working on our 2nd, 3rd, 4th childhoods & El Presidente Jose will print all da moneys we need to make us happy, happy, HAPPY!

Please, sir, we want some morez…

upstateNYer
    Participant

@my parents said: “STAY INDOORS! fear. FEAR. FEAR!!!! So I get it that it was BritishAirways’s pilots, but was the “Delta” variant a little clue?”

Thank you for the chuckle. Needed that today.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Veracious: “Remember kids! All hyperinflation is transitory.”

So are most paychecks. 😉

Mr. House
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/half-australias-population-locked-down-delta-hysteria-worsens

From reading i’ve done the “delta” variant only causes one to have the sniffles, so unless they start force testing people i don’t think they can keep this up much longer. Who’s gonna get the test because they have a runny nose?

oxymoron
    Participant

Mr House – I think the FEAR will just work to get em tested with a test that doesn’t work.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

It is clear to me from analysing the contents of mainstream website comment streams (e.g. The Conversation) that the prevalent attitude is, sure, we are seeing X number of injuries and even deaths from the vaccine, but in comparison to the total number of people jabbed, X is a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE and anyway there’s always casualties from helath campaigns like this one and IT’S WELL WORTH THE COST to keep the rest of us & our children safe and END THE PLAGUE and FREE US FROM QUARANTINE.

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

But then, most people don’t follow sites like TAE or Peak Prosperity or the various others, and get all their news, ideas and opinions from the MSM. No wonder they think this way.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

The Delta lockdown in Canberra isn’t too bad at the moment. Went shopping yesterday and ate at a café. None of this hand sanitising business. Masks are required only indoors (shops, cinemas, malls, etc). Anyone with asthma or other problems with masking are automatically exempt. They may be removed when eating indoors. And so on. At the moment we’re getting off lightly. At the moment.

Oh, and TPTB are quite insistent on our registering our visits to ALL businesses, preferably by use of an app on the mobile cell phone. Obedience training?

It’s planned to last for only 2 weeks, having started on Monday. Curious to see how this latest spasm pans out.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Probably a lot of us here know or suspect this already, but this author puts it terms that really helps to clarify the ideas for people such as myself who are still “sorting it all out”:

Fascism and the Anti-Festival

VietnamVet
    Participant

If you go through family photos of before Bill Clinton and the triumph of the plutocracy, all the kids are thin. I simply do not remember any obese kids in high school. Today the obese are a clear sign of a sick society. They are the victims. The obese and elders are the Americans at risk from coronavirus. If there was a functional public health system, they could have been protected from exposure to the virus by universal testing, contact tracing and safe/paid isolation. The virus was eradicated by nations with working public health systems. This could have been done globally and would have prevented the rise of new variants. But no, billions of dollars in mRNA jab profits going a few oligarchs is too lucrative.

The coronavirus pandemic is a clear indication that unless democracy and good government are restored, extreme climate events like the heat dome over PNW/BC will not be mitigated. Born and raised in Seattle, I simply cannot believe it reached 108°F at Sea/Tac Monday. The infrastructure wasn’t built for this. The Douglas Fir forest environment cannot survive if this continues. Welcome regional wildfires.

But nothing will be done. “Buy an air conditioner.” “Google ‘tape a box air fan with MERV-13 filters’ to clean indoor air.”

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@VietnamVet: I think a huge portion of blame for the obesity and the type 2 diabetes epidemics in the USA can be laid squarely on the doorstep of the seepage of high fructose corn syrup into the American Diet. It isn’t just commercial-grade soda-pop, that crap has really made its way into so many things. One good thing that has come of living with type 2 diabetes for me is that I have learned how to just drink regular water the way our bodies were designed to do. Drinking soda-pop is practically mainlining sugar with a syringe for your blood-glucose levels!

ctbarnum
    Participant

@VietnamVet
    @Mister Roboto

The rise in obesity (and respective rise in Type II diabetes) can also be seen as the elimination of physical education in schools along the rise of high fructose corn syrup. In the 70s/80s during my time we only saw maybe 2-3 of each sex who fell into the obese category (not just high BMI because some of the bigger students were quite athletic) and now many children are suffering from both. Also, helicopter parenting I really see as playing a large role because we were pretty much the last generation that had outdoor free time even in the city. Heck, I was allowed to navigate the city alone even in elementary school, but always saw that as my grandparents trusting my instincts.

sumac.carol
    Participant

So much compellingly disturbing information continues to be revealed here. I don’t know where to go from here.

TAE Summary
    Participant

@Mister Robot

the seepage of high fructose corn syrup into the American Diet

This makes it sound like an accident. I assume you know the story of the food pyramid and Ancel Keys and how Keys blocked the work of John Yudkin who wrote “Pure, White and Deadly” in 1972. Keys said fat was the culprit behind heart disease and carbs were OK and was rewarded by the sugar industry (it’s of course a lot more complex than that). Keys recommendations coincided with the start of the obesity epidemic. The Keys/Yukdin story is similar to what’s being played out right now with Fauci and Kory.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@TAE: Well, that too, but I still don’t think we should let HFCS off the hook too easily. I highly recommend the documentary film King Corn.

V. Arnold
    Participant

TAE Summary

@Mister Robot
    the seepage of high fructose corn syrup into the American Diet

This makes it sound like an accident. I assume you know the story of the food pyramid and Ancel Keys and how Keys blocked the work of John Yudkin who wrote “Pure, White and Deadly” in 1972.

Thanks TAE for that reminder…we’ve been lied to our entire lives regarding diet and health…
    Fortunately my parents raised us with common sense and critical thinking abilities…
    Neither I nor my sister and brother are over-weight in our 60’s and 70’s; nor throughout our lives previously…

absolute galore
    Participant

My latest column for the local paper has a long digression about corn. I’ve never seen King Corn but I imagine it goes into how much of the stuff goes into ethanol, which is a giant racket in at least three different ways. Between ethanol, feedstock for cows,pigs,chickens, HFCS and other stuff like cosmetics and compostable plates, we actually eat less than 10% of the 366 million metric tons we grow annually. (90 million acres. I suspect BG owns a bunch of it by now.)

BTW, 92% is GMO–over 70% is Roundup ready–that is,genetically made to work with Roundup. It’s a great example of the dysfunction of the whole industrial operation, from subsidies to poisoning the earth to the extreme waste of using it for feed and fuel. Insane. Most of the farmers at my farmers market don’t offer it, because it’s just too hard to compete with the cheap ears trucked in to the supermarkets.

V. Arnold
    Participant

…and then there is Canola oil…
    According to my information canola has never before been eaten/consumed by humans before being touted as the nxt great healthy oil for humans…
    I do not use it or any products containing it…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The stuff we eat directly in the form of canned corn, frozen corn, or “corn-on-the-cob” is actually sweet-corn, which is a different subspecies of corn from the “Yellow Dent” corn used for animal feed, HFCS, ethanol, and the rest. It doesn’t really matter to the discussion, I just tossed that out there because so many people don’t realize that. When one of the documentarians in King Corn tried cooking and eating an ear of Yellow Dent the way you would with “corn-on-the-cob” from the grocery store, he immediately chucked the ear away into the air (this was an outdoor location) after taking one bite.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

…and then there is Canola oil…

Or “Canada Oil”, which, if it were called by the seed from which it is pressed, would be called “rapeseed oil”. Obviously, the latter name would present a hell of a marketing problem in this day and age.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Re: Canola/rapeseed oil
    I did some further checking and found that humans have used the plant for a long time (4,000 yrs. + or _), but not the oil…that’s a recent (1973) marketing ploy…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The next big propaganda push? Robots…dancing robot dogs, oh so cute…until they’re not!!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/new-video-shows-boston-dynamics-robo-dog-dancing-whole-new-routine

Technology is advancing faster than we can adapt…then what?

ctbarnum
    Participant

Interesting to note:

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Ugh. I hate the 2020’s. Republicans are making me kind-of-sort-of respect them. Though Wisconsin’s Leah Vukmir is still a country-club Republican who manages to put a special emphasis on the first syllable.

zerosum
    Participant

Too hot to sleep

After Covid, could the next big killer be heatwaves?
    Search: heat stroke deaths in

(insert name of country)

https://gulfnews.com/photos/news/pictures-when-heatwaves-created-disasters-around-the-world-1.1624962083259?slide=4

Pictures: When heatwaves created disasters around the world

Pictures: Canada, US Northwest bake in record-breaking heatwave
    The brutally hot weather is set to smother the region all week

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.