Debt Rattle March 10 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 10 2016

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

William Henry Jackson Tunnel 3, Tamasopo Canyon, San Luis Potosi, Mexico 1890 • IMF Says World At Risk Of ‘Economic Derailment’ (BBC) • Whole Of Europ
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 10 2016]

Nassim
    Participant

Any story that mentions “barrel bombs” these days is pure fabrication.

The Syrian air force’s planes have been upgraded and they are as accurate as those of Russia. In any event, pretending that barrel bombs are “bad” while cluster bombs and phosphorus bombs – as used by Israelis in residential areas – are “good” is totally unreal.

“Military Expert: Israel is using three internationally banned weapons in Gaza”

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/13218-military-expert-israel-is-using-3-internationally-banned-weapons-in-gaza

The reality is that since Europeans are content to let ISIS and its cousins rampage in the Middle East, Europe is destined to suffer the fate of the Palestinians – another people overwhelmed by a foreign influx.

Raleigh
    Participant

Nassim – always love your posts. They always get us a little closer to the truth, allow us to sift through the lies.

The Guardian article said, “Rihab, a woman living in eastern Ghouta near Damascus, which has been besieged by Bashar al-Assad’s regime…”

Right there they lost me. Besieged = attacked. Regime = authoritarian. The guy is fighting for his country, a guy who said the last thing he wants to do is hurt his people. Listening to the fellow (and I know you can’t always go by that), I get the impression that he actually loves Syria and wants the best for it, but he’s up against powers that want to take him out. I mean, who is besieging who here? Why don’t we (the West) get the hell out of their country?

It looks like he will get the country back (with Russia’s help), but what’s going to be left of it? The people are being stolen by Europe, the country is left in shambles, and the remaining people are broken. Talk about a mess. Assad said in the following interview:

“President Assad: I would like to ask every person who left Syria to come back. That’s natural but not enough. Emotions are not enough. They would ask: “Why should I come back? Has terrorism stopped? Have the basic requirements for life been restored?” Many of those who have emigrated are neither against the Syrian state or with the terrorists, but sometimes there are circumstances which force people to emigrate. So, my answer to this question is: when terrorism recedes, and things are better, they will return of their own volition without any invitation. So, instead of asking these people to return, I’ll call on the European governments, which have been a direct cause for the emigration of these people, by giving cover to terrorists in the beginning, and through the sanctions imposed on Syria, to help in making the Syrians return to their country.”

https://www.france24.com/en/20160212-transcript-exclusive-afp-interview-with-syrias-assad

I had been unaware that Syria has had many sanctions placed upon it. Don’t go along with what TPTB want? You get sanctioned. Good timeline on Syria done by the BBC, part of which says (which sounds so familiar):

“2010 May – US renews sanctions against Syria, saying that it supports terrorist groups, seeks weapons of mass destruction and has provided Lebanon’s Hezbollah with Scud missiles in violation of UN resolutions.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14703995

More of those “weapons of mass destruction” that never turn out to have existed at all!

rapier
    Participant

RE “China’s central bank is preparing regulations that would allow commercial banks to swap non-performing loans of companies for stakes in those firms, ”

As I was saying the other day China will not recognize loan losses. If swapping for equity seems to make no sense because there is no way to figure the ‘worth’ of said equity remember the government can buy equities to support them so others will buy, and there is your price.

We certainly can’t let China win this ‘capitalism’ thing now can we. So we sure as hell aren’t going to recognize losses either. The PPT can always buy futures to manage prices. Besides it’s better to think of equity and even corporate debt not in terms of what it is worth but what money is worth in relation to said assets. I know that’s a mind twister but try and think that the store of value function of money is being superseded by the assets, mostly financial held by the very top, as being the ultimate store of value.

There is a monetary reset going on before our eyes but it’s hard to see. Well that’s my crackpot idea and I had this idea, that corporate assets would become money, the store of value a dozen years ago. I didn’t know how and don’t really know now but heaven and earth will be moved to try and make it so.

Nassim
    Participant

Thank Raleigh. I just have a very different take on it from most people in the West. I guess that is what the MSM is all about.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

I have heard this as well. The money/debt system is collapsing because it has collateralized everything and like yeast in a tub, can’t expand. So it needs collateral, real assets, and their relative value vs the chit, the unit-of-accounting system. So if you can’t back the system with the Technocrat’s BTU-money (carbon credits) in time, you could back the system with corporate stocks, de facto representing their assets. That also requires the money to vaporize in relation, but keeps intact the corporate powers and their government merger.

The one thing you don’t want under any circumstances is a fair system, backed by a non-corrupt, impartial yardstick, like gold, silver, or oil. Fairness is the enemy of an unfair system, just as truth is the enemy of injustice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.