Debt Rattle March 11 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 11 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

James McNeill Whistler Nocturne Blue and Gold Southampton Water 1872   • $21 Trillion And Rising: Central Banks’ Leveraged Buyout of The World (Z
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 11 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh my; what a stunning picture by Whistler.
    Absolutely gorgeous…

V. Arnold
    Participant

I admit: it was the headline. Nothing much else there.

Indeed, and nothing much of substance elsewhere as well.
    The so called, economic stuff, ultimately, gets rather boring; different day; same old rewashed/rehashed/recycled crap…
    One would hope for an original pov somewhere, no?

Chris M
    Participant

Maybe the neo-cons don’t want a country such as Russia to gain the strength and the standing in the world to counter their BS.

It couldn’t be that, could it?

Chris M
    Participant

I guess it’s as good a day as any to be sardonic.

zerosum
    Participant

Austerity is imposed so that the rich will be able to benefit from their bad decisions.
    You can read all the other excuses at wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austerity
    Austerity policies <delmay also appeal to the wealthier class of creditors, who prefer low inflation and the higher probability of payback on their government securities by less profligate governments.

A typical goal of austerity is to reduce the annual budget deficit without sacrificing growth. Over time, this may reduce the overall debt burden, often measured as the ratio of public debt to GDP.

zerosum
    Participant

Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump should be nominated for 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.

Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump to meet by May

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/trump-nobel-peace-prize-nomination-possibly-fake

The Peace Research Institute of Oslo (Prio) said in early February that Trump’s name was on the list.
    Updated 28 February

Each year, nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize must be submitted by January 31. Among those entitled to propose names are members of parliament and government, former laureates and some university professors.

The Nobel Institute said it had received 329 valid nominations for the 2018 Peace Prize. The five members of the Nobel committee that selects the winner are also allowed to submit names during their first meeting of the year, which was held on Monday.

The name of the 2018 winner will be announced in early October.

Dr. D
    Participant

Trump Is Going For A Clean Reset in The West Wing (Vanity Fair)

Yes, a “risky sit-down with Kim Jong Un”, because nothing has more risk than sitting down for peace talks. Take a page from Lindsay Graham and Give War a Chance! But alas! No peace talk can be started without “rolling the nuclear dice.” Thanks to the outbreak of peace, we’ll probably be toast by morning. Or so says the reckless, bloodthirsty, war-mongering Vanity Fair.

Should I go back and look for their articles joyfully lamenting how now that Trump is there, we’ll just have to go in for a ground attack, but all us good people only hope for an earnest resolution? Aaaaaaand here’s the beginning of your resolution, most promising one in my lifetime and…we can’t. It’s just too risky. For a reckless, unhinged President, raging with the new fury of opening his SECOND major peace, the first arguably being in Syria. Somehow, coincidentally, cutting off the funding in Syria coincided with you know, a lack of funding, bullets, soldiers, violence, and war, with the official government mopping up control of their whole country shortly after. To endless laments that the army re-establishing control of their own capital (outside Damascus) hurts people. War does that, you might have noticed. That’s why you shouldn’t start them and fund them. But as with the cross-media black-draped dirgefest that the world had ended when ISIS was driven from Raqqa, so it is with the last enclave of ISIS using civilian shields. When the Army comes in and the citizens are free to move, work, rebuild their lives, it’s a BAD thing, you see. So it goes here in Looking-Glass Land.

Next bad thing is the tariffs, where having 2:1 tariff ratios are “fair” and “free trade” while moving them to 1:1, or 0:0 are “reckless”, “unfair” and a “bad thing” that will hurt American workers. You know the workers nobody cared about since that Giant Sucking Sound started in 1992? You know, the one that lost the election in 3 critical states? It might have made the news. Well, lo!, NOW they care. So, SO much. Deeply, passionately, about how that will hurt Trump voters. You know, the ones they wanted dead in every other article this year. Funny about that.

Anyway, once again shows that, omg almost 36 months since the candidacy, and STILL no one has read his book. And that’s 31 years after it was written. I swear it’s like a goldfish bowl around here. Art of the Deal 1: Make sudden, reckless demands that can never be met and will break the deal, starting the game on the 30 yard line. 2: Actually deal, using the extra yardage to push the final deal far in your favor. 3: Close the deal with big, empty, glad-handing congratulations. 4: Repeat until someone catches on, which is apparently longer than 31 years around here. So what did Canada and Mexico cede to get this? Because the 3 countries are so intertwined, especially cross-Canada exchange, that it would be counterproductively disruptive. So he didn’t do it. But I bet still got something for NOT doing what he wasn’t going to do anyway, and keeping things the same as they were. And no one gets this? Ay caramba. And jeezus, stop me if this guy has only ONE play in the playbook, just one! and STILL the Ubermensch don’t catch on, and they call HIM stupid?

So it goes in these great United States. Sorry if I sound hepped up, I honestly feel like everybody around here must be on drugs. Oh wait: they are! So very, very high. Statistically approaching 100%. High enough to kill by the thousands. But we have a solution: more drugs! I kid you not. You can find the articles in the news, but this is what happens when people plan a nation, or their own health care, while drugged out of their collective minds. It may not end well, but who could tell?

V. Arnold
    Participant

The only problem with drugs is; people are taking the wrong ones. Human engineered, chemical nightmares of control are offered up in droves. All with the blessings of the government.
    Prozac nation pretty much says it all.
    Native peoples knew the best that nature had to offer; peyote, psilocybin mushrooms, marijuana, opium poppy, and ayahuasca; to name a few.
    But of course governments outlawed all of those because they couldn’t control them, or the people who consumed them.
    The most effective prisons have no bars or walls…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.