Debt Rattle March 24 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 24 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Don Quixote 1955   • EU In ‘State Of Denial’ Over Destructive Impact Of Farming On Wildlife (G.) • End the Fed. Are You Nuts? (Clai
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 24 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Geez, go to the coast for few days and everything goes bonkers; so what happened to the comment meter?
    Great Picasso by the way…

comment meter?

V. Arnold
    Participant

The register for the number of comments; nowhere to be seen; all of a sudden.
    It used to tell the reader (at the top, above the picture) how many comment have been made.
    It would direct one straight to the comments (if clicked), skipping the post being commented upon.

anticlimactic
    Participant

Facebook is nothing special.

We know Google takes information from all its products to create a very detailed profile of everyone. I would assume Twitter does the same and I am sure there are others.

We know all operating systems have back-doors for the US government [possibly excluding Linux].

We know all Android and Apple phones record our GPS locations and upload them.

We know all our phone conversations are recorded.

There were a few articles about how intrusive Windows 10 was at looking at your data and uploading information, although previous operating systems are also suspect.

You must suspect that anything in the cloud is available to ‘other’ people.

I know my Yahoo emails have been read by them. I doubt this is unique.

We know all the websites we access are recorded to give a unique fingerprint, even if you switch to VPN.

Most, if not all, of these organisations will freely share information with the US government.

Another aspect of this is that most of the leaders of these organisations support the Democrats and are willing to use their influence to suppress alternative views. Most notably in recent times Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.

Welcome to your world!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Anyone who didn’t, at least, suspect the chicanery of social media; shame on you.
    Wake up and smell the coffee; you’re not in Kansas anylonger; but something much darker and more malevolent.
    But that is all yestertday; what will you do today?
    It’s important, so think about it; seriously…

Patricia
    Participant

Something is wrong with this website and a few others I read too. When I first opened this web site there was no picture and the comment section was back to front. I then logged in and it miraculously cured itself. I would have ignored it but for the fact that a few others were affected and yesterday too.

Dr. D
    Participant

As usual, complain bitterly about extinction of polar bears, rainforests, and whales, but when it comes to your own back yard where it costs 50 cents…well you know what to do. KILL ALL THE THINGS!!! Again, seriously, any 13th century peasant known enough not to cut out the hedgerows and that the salt marshes are useful, and he’s an illiterate mud-mover. Talk about I-Y-I, if these guys get any dumber, they’ll need help feeding themselves. If they get any more biophobic, there won’t be any life on earth to feed them with. …And yet it never, never stops. Why? The people don’t want it, so who does?

Claire is remarkably uneducated in just so many ways. Yes, some central banks are de jure government owned, but the one she highlights, the Fed, is a government-enshrined private banking interest-group, or a public-private partnership if you’re generous. It would be foolish to BE generous, however, as the government, supposedly the senior partner, has not and can not audit the junior partner, which seems legitimate grounds for suspicion. The thought that adding the Central Bank somehow becomes a vast bulwark against private banks…who own the central bank as a legal fig leaf, seems a bit rich.

Okay, we don’t really expect her to know, but this beating the weeds for “what on earth could anyone do” other than a central bank, clearly she knows nothing of money or history, because anyone who ever read anything, ever, would know you could use a gold standard — non-bank money; money of other people, Costa Rica does and the U.S. did 1700-1800; notes issued on private banks as the U.S. did in the successful period 1840-1913; a Treasury-issued money, as Kennedy planned; and moving forward, cryptocurrencies as well as things I haven’t thought of. Yes, that the world would fail and somehow private banks don’t own or influence the Fed cartel they are 100% stock-holding owners of is not exactly the consensus opinion, which is saying something. P.S. Advocates of End the Fed know all this and would have told you, if you read a single site from one of them. Apparently, all you need to be a journalistic expert is a keyboard and a childish disregard for the truth. If you don’t know, make it up! No one can tell anyway.

I love how Parliament is shocked, SHOCKED! I tell you, that Facebook is mis-using data, then exempt themselves from any rules or restraint. ‘Cause us, right? When did we ever follow the law? Laws – insider trading laws, gun laws, spying laws, are for peasants.

zerosum
    Participant

Pablo Picasso Don Quixote 1955

Are we any different than Don Quixote with our comments on the blogs?
    Why don’t we submit?
    Are we good non-elites?
    Did we make a difference?

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum

Interesting comment and questions.
    Tilting at windmills? More than likely.
    Sometimes, at the correct times, inaction is the most effective action.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.