Debt Rattle May 15 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 15 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Henri Matisse Odalisque couchée aux magnolias 1923   • Making Money In The Stock Market Just Got A Lot More Difficult (MW) • America’s Worst Long
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 15 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I see the Israeli butchers had a good day; 60 Palestinians dead and over 2,000 wounded.
    Well done you!

China Really Is To Blame For Millions Of Lost US Manufacturing Jobs (MW)

That is just wrong.
    The U.S. workers in manufacturing jobs were sold out by the neo-liberal overlords; everything manufactured overseas is considerably cheaper to make, but; the retail prices remain the same. And they reap the increase in profits.
    I know the game; I worked for a U.S. toy company here in LOS; they lie and cheat on cost of materials, overhead, expenses, labor (the equivalent of $3.45 per day at that time 2003), and most anything else they could get away with. The workers were badly treated and in unsafe working conditions.
    The game is rigged; always has been.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the technology transfer to China by the U.S. rapists.

zerosum
    Participant

I needed a definition/Clarification for Neoliberalism:

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism refers primarily to the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism. Those ideas include economic liberalization policies such as privatization, austerity, deregulation, free trade and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society. These market-based ideas and the policies they inspired constitute a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which lasted from 1945 to 1980.

Dr. D
    Participant

This would be counterproductive, but: the UK should print money to keep their poor people from dying. But priorities, you know. Printing for billionaire carbon-profits AND killing poor Englishmen is a win-win!

VietnamVet
    Participant

It is astonishing simple. Mid-American Democrats did not vote for Hillary Clinton because her husband moved their family’s jobs to China. Scapegoating Russia or a War with Iran won’t get these votes back in 2018 or 2020.

Patricia
    Participant

The BRI will be advantageous for those countries it transverses. I don’t see it as being a disadvantage just because of the loans. As history shows some debt will be written off and some will be able to be repaid and yes, it will give China power in those regions. But surely building something is better than killing people. The road will connect and bind people together.

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum

Thanks for the definition of neo-liberal/ism.
    I probably should have said neo-liberal economists
    But your definition suffices; my point was made…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.