Debt Rattle May 17 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 17 2015

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Harris&Ewing Painless Dentist, Washington, DC 1918 • Most of US Domestic Manufacturing Now in Technical Recession (Tonelson) • When Fools Rush In… (Re
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 17 2015]

rapier
    Participant

I’ve seen nothing about the Sochi meeting here in the US except from Cohen in The Nation and Pepe who has several fringe online outlets. This is going to be a very big deal because I think the US war party, that being large elements in the State Department, the Pentagon, NATO and all over the permanent government especially ‘intelligence’ is going to ignore Obama and press Kiev to attack so as to elicit a Russian response. There is zero political support for the slightest compromise on Ukraine. All the presidential candidates are going to be falling all over themselves trying to out tough each other on Ukraine, soon Georgia, and Russia.

I think Pepe’s analysis is essentially correct but I think he is blithely unaware of China’s debt situation. Rickards points to to it obliquely. China is all in on the current monetary models and in the end maintaining asset inflation. Only Russia stands apart from the world of mad credit expansion and asset inflation as the default policy goals.

Greenpa
    Participant

Re: Amazon/Chinese mega-engineering; this is fully relevant, and not optimistic: https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Bridge-news-gets-worse-Tower-rod-fails-key-6250031.php “It shows kind of a wanton disregard for good engineering design and practice.” As the son of a civil engineering professor, I do get the distinct impression that the quality of construction, if not engineering, has definitely been steadily dropping in the past decades- leaving us wide open to major infrastructure failures ahead…

And, re: early egalitarian societies: “There is still this wider perception that hunter-gatherers are more macho or male-dominated. ” No. There has been a constant bent in this direction by movie directors, English majors, and journalists- but the tendency for primal societies to have equal men’s and women’s power has been known to actual anthropologists for a century, I think. Note “tendency”; not “universal conformity”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.