Debt Rattle May 18 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 18 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Daniel Garber Lambertville holiday 1941   • Almost Half Of US Families Can’t Afford Basics Like Rent And Food (CNN) • A Liquidity Crisis of Bibli
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 18 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I think chemicals are a much bigger issue.
    Indeed.

• Climate Change On Track To Cause Major Insect Wipeout (G.)

Now that is a jaw dropper! One has to wonder if Monsanto paid for that diversion?
    The only word I know to describe today in the U.S., is a Hope’ word:

Koyaanisqatsi

(n.) “life out of balance.”
    a state of life that calls for another way of living.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Argh; should read Hopi!
    Sorry, major brain fart…

Dr. D
    Participant

40% don’t eat or live anywhere? I smell a math problem, since they’re not dead. But food stamps, etc? Maybe.

40% rates? Depends on where in the cycle you are. The U.S. had 20% rates to stop our inflation, Russia 18%(?), and Brazil like over 40% I think. Depends on confidence, and why anyone, anywhere has confidence in Argentina I don’t understand.

Europe getting the message, but really slowly:

“Trump’s strategy seems to be to force us to buy their more expensive gas, but as long as LNG is not competitive, Europe will not agree to some sort of racket and pay extortionate prices,” an EU official said.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-17/trump-gives-merkel-ultimatum-drop-russian-gas-pipeline-or-trade-war-begins

This has been true from the get-go, but they couldn’t exactly say, “Of course our strategy isn’t to sell you U.S. shale gas LNG — heck, we haven’t even built the ships and terminals to say nothing of 2-3x higher cost!!! — We just need to make s**t up until we arm and fund enough bloodthirsty militants like ISIS to kill enough Syrians to get the Israeli/UAE gas through the new Syrian pipeline into Europe for another 30 year’s supply.” Yeah, optics on that: not so good.

However, if you stop that, the obvious happens: Russia becomes Siamese twin to Europe, with corresponding power. That’s why Cheney and the neo-cons were determined to nuke them in the 90s and get them back in the box so Exxon would own the Russian gas and all the Russians would be more dead than they already were under neoliberal “reform.” It’s even worse now since Russia’s given up on Europe and doesn’t even WANT to sell to the criminally insane loony bin, preferring stable, rational, non-bloodthirsty non-Bandera neo-Nazi nations like China.

Next question: since this is absolutely, positively HAS to be the result — the result of arm-twisting Europe, the result of getting out of Syria — is Trump setting up with Russia on purpose? He’s basically empowering them and therefore forcing the creating of a multipolar world by force, ending the U.S. empire like he promised, or is he a dummy and it’s all just a big accident? CNN assures me everything he’s ever done is a Chauncey Gardiner accident. Thoughts.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Trump is uneducated, unread, and butt ignorant; the Chauncy Gardiner comparisson is just ludicrous, IMO.
    The Koean deal has been trashed; first by Bolten and then by the ignorant one’s further comments re: Libya.
    Remember; Chauncy walked on water…

V. Arnold
    Participant

^ Korean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.