Debt Rattle May 28 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 28 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brassaï La Bande du Grand Albert 1931-32   • President Mattarella Of Italy: From Moral Drift To Tactical Blunder (Varoufakis) • Italy President V
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 28 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Blowing Up the Iran Deal Brings Eurasia Closer to Integration (Pieraccini)
    Interesting perspective.
    And mostly I agree; maybe the best move Trump could have made: It unites the other signature’s of the JOPCA.

Dr. D
    Participant

Interesting case in Italy: yes, this mild economic rebuke is certainly not worth a revolt — and is certain to cause backlash, planned or unplanned (it’s all in who takes the blame0 — but bankrupt countries can’t take 500,000 non-speaking, war-damaged non-workers either. The author seems to assume Italy will shoot them or something, as he hasn’t even thought “hey, maybe we move them back to their home countries, but with foreign aid” which has already been done at least once recently. What to do with them is getting easier, as the Syrians can slowly return to Syria, and if we also leave Afghanistan, those can return as well.

It’s arguably US/NATO intervention in Sudan and much of Africa destabilizing it, so doing anything within 100 miles of the right thing there — even handing it to China — would allow Africans to return home, which is, and has been the majority immigrants for some time. I call them immigrants and not refugees because I suspect the majority are “economic refugees” which just means, “hey I thought I could make more money somewhere else”, and we’re ALL refugees in that sense, at least within the socio-economic readers of this blog. My economy sucks too, and if I could get on a plane from my burned-out town and get welfare indefinitely in the Amalfi coast, you can bet I’d go there tomorrow. While troubled, Africa itself is enormous and has a lot of good places too, not that you’d know it from the news, and as I said, the intervention. So how is it Europe’s responsibility to pay wages to every man on earth up to the level they would rather have? We know darn well that, unlike actual political refugees, journalists, former world leaders who need actual status, quite a majority is ruining it for those who are in more than economic trouble. …So many bad assumptions at once, because no one makes an attempt to think clearly or use words properly. It’s all emotional, and to be logical at all now extends beyond “heartless” into “Nazi-who-must-be-killed.” So we demonize and dismiss countrymen who ask practical questions in order to import mostly people who’d be fine back home but would like to make a little more money, by directly and measurably removing that money from our own country, while generally destabilizing it during the transition. Wot a world. These villains love it, because citizens have finally woken up to how bad Rajoy, Matterela, Merkel, Junker, and Barroso are, they desperately need a war, disorder, to convince the people to fight amongst themselves again and leave his Lordship on the hill. So in that way, it’s going swimmingly, and reporters are indeed vilifying anyone who believes in the existence of nation states, which does in fact require borders, entry rules, and prioritizing one’s own people on the inside, and yes at the expense of non-citizens on the outside. –Because 6 Billion people are outside of most every nation on earth and every individual nation even China and India would be immediately overrun if they had open welfare and open borders, I’m shocked I need to even remind such a thing.

That said, the biggest threat to immigrants IS the open border policy, that encourages them to travel long distances through deadly territory using human traffickers — as well proven now — because they believe Europe is open to all comers. And P.S. that Europe is rich, which it also isn’t, it’s broke and treating the weakest citizens to a round of death by neglect by the thousands even before the economic crisis.

Interesting case in Italy: yes, this mild economic rebuke is certainly not worth a revolt — and is certain to cause backlash, planned or unplanned (it’s all in who takes the blame) — but bankrupt countries can’t take 500,000 non-speaking, war-damaged, non-workers either. The author seems to assume Italy will shoot them or something, as he hasn’t even thought “hey, maybe we move them back to their home countries, but with foreign aid” which has already been done at least once recently. What to do with them is getting easier, as the Syrians can slowly return to Syria, and if we also leave Afghanistan, those can return as well.

It’s arguably US/NATO intervention in Sudan and much of Africa destabilizing it, so doing anything within 100 miles of the right thing there — even handing it to China — would allow Africans to return home, which is, and has been the majority immigrants for some time. I call them immigrants and not refugees because I suspect the majority are “economic refugees” which just means, “hey I thought I could make more money somewhere else”, and we’re ALL refugees in that sense, at least within the socio-economic readers of this blog. My economy sucks too, and if I could get on a plane from my burned-out town and get welfare indefinitely in the Amalfi coast, you can bet I’d go there tomorrow. However, they’d arrest me, because it’s not about immigrants, it’s about the right kind of immigrants, whatever the fashion that day.

While troubled, Africa itself is enormous and has a lot of good places too, not that you’d know it from the news, and as I said, the intervention. So how is it Europe’s responsibility to pay wages to every man on earth up to the level they would rather have? We know darn well that, unlike actual political refugees, journalists, former world leaders who need actual status, quite a majority is ruining it for those who are in far more than economic trouble. …So many bad assumptions at once, because no one makes an attempt to think clearly or use words properly. It’s all emotional, and to be logical at all now extends beyond “heartless” in the Thatcherite sense and into “Nazi-who-must-be-killed.” So we demonize and dismiss countrymen who ask practical questions in order to import mostly people who’d be fine back home but would like to make more money, by directly and measurably removing that money from our own country, while generally destabilizing it during the transition. Wot a world. These villains love it, because citizens have finally woken up to how bad Rajoy, Matterela, Merkel, Junker, and Barroso are, they desperately need a war, disorder, to convince the people to fight amongst themselves again, beg government to protect them, and leave his Lordship on the hill. So in that way, it’s going swimmingly, and reporters are indeed vilifying anyone who believes in the existence of nation states and the security they provide, a thing which requires borders, entry rules, and prioritizing one’s own people on the inside, and yes at the expense of non-citizens on the outside. …Because 6 billion people are outside of most every nation on earth and every individual nation including China and India would be immediately overrun if they had open welfare and open borders, I’m shocked I need to even remind such a thing.

That said, the biggest threat to immigrants IS an open border policy that encourages them to travel long distances through deadly territory using human traffickers who enslave or kill them when convenient — as well proven now — because they believe Europe is open to all comers. And P.S. that Europe is rich, which it also isn’t, it’s broke and treating the weakest citizens to a round of death by neglect.

…That small point took far longer than I intended, as always. Yes, the U.S. even as much as I make fun of it, is probably closer to B- or C+, just very badly distributed. They’re going to keep the lies going so raising interest rates, which we must internally, will savage emerging markets and ultimately Europe, and suck in that money in a U.S. safe haven, however badly deserved. That’s the reserve currency: the economy shrinks from the extremities to the core. If you don’t like it, get as far away as possible, which the U.S. seems to be demanding with otherwise irrational demands in Europe, Iran, etc, FORCING the world to go unipolar and off the dollar. …Otherwise, seeing how opposite the results are, wouldn’t they stop? Hard to believe, but to survive, the U.S. needs internal control, which they can’t get, hog-tied to monetary policy worldwide which encourages them to worldwide conquest Iraq-Arab Spring style. …Actually, that’s very similar to the immigration problem, that however powerful, a single nation cannot survive helping everyone else and not itself.

The F35 is so bad the best thing the U.S. can do is sell as many as possible to Turkey until they’re incapable of flying to Greece at all without being shot down by a Sopwith Camel. …And it will bankrupt them faster, too, a win-win.

And I’m surprised the Automatic Earth is even up today; I didn’t read the law, but if this is the one, it seemed intent to bankrupt anyone who said anything that wasn’t from the mouth of Himmler and Goebbels. Or Theresa May in this case. Good luck to us. They are openly arresting journalists who cover ordinary public interest stories now. I just assume I’ll be banned for life, and/or SWATted for daring to support the radical notion that nations have borders and entry rules. How dare I.

Charles Alban
    Participant

I’m living in northern Italy near Torino at the moment. I see these African “refugees” everyday. They look like they’re on vacation…laughing and joking and incessantly jabbering on cell phones. They wear Nike sneakers, dark glasses and hats with LA written on them. None of them look like they’ve done a day’s work in their lives. They ride the bus everyday to the bus station where they hang around all day and play table footy and table tennis. The Italian Red Cross is paying for all this. There are 20 of them living in a house in one of the villages here. The men (“boys”) all behave like children, and the women are frequently prostitutes sitting along these country roads waiting for customers. They have no education and no skills and they are not smart enough or motivated to learn anything. They simply do not fit into modern western economies. Italian farms are all mechanized, and they wouldn’t want to get their Nikes dirty by working on a farm anyway. They have to be rounded up and sent home. The Bhagavad-gita gives the justification. Verse 2.11 states that “the wise lament neither for the living nor the dead.” We don’t owe them anything, and the only way to stop them coming is to let their rubber boats sink in the Mediterranean.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Today’s post sure seems like 2007 is about to replay itself again; except, now there is no way out. There is deflation in the price of goods but inflation in healthcare, shelter and education. Plus, rising inequality.

The question was asked here earlier in the comments to name the names of those who use the EuroZone and European Union to supersede sovereign democracies and become richer and more powerful. Look at Italy. An elected government is rejected because of a Euro skeptic finance minister and a former IMF apparatchik appointed as interim prime minister.

Unpayable debt must be written off in organized and just manner by democratically elected governments. If not, revolt and war will destroy concentrated wealth, real and digital, as it always done in the past since the rise of civilization. The problem in the nuclear age is that a world war will destroy the earth. And, as pointed out above, the USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia are acting insane.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Kunstler nailed it pretty well for memorial day. I especially liked his closing paragraph:

It’s hard to be empire, for sure, but it’s even harder, apparently, to be a truly virtuous society. First, I suppose, you have to be not insane. It’s hard to think of one facet of American life that’s not insane now. Our politics are insane. Our ideologies are insane. The universities are insane. Medicine is insane. Show biz is insane. Sexual relations are insane. The arts are insane. The news media is utterly insane. And what passes for business enterprise in the USA these days is something beyond insane, like unto the swarms of serpents and bats issuing from some mouth of hell in the medieval triptychs. How do you memorialize all that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.