Debt Rattle May 29 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 29 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Roy Lichtenstein Crying girl 1963   • Showdown Looms In Italy As Caretaker PM Assembles Team (AFP) • The Biggest Short-Sellers Of Italian Bonds (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 29 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Roy Lichtenstein: Crying girl 1963
    A flash from the past; as I recall, Roy Lichtenstein was up there with Andy Warhol for campy, avant garde art.
    I graduated HS in ’63, re-establihing my freedom from 12 years of a wasted life. Fortunately it didn’t break me; close, but no cigar… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

Based on fossil data from cores drilled into the ocean floor at 16 sites, they determined the Great Barrier Reef, or GBR for short, was able to migrate between 20 centimetres (7.9 inches) and 1.5 metres per year.

I found that fascinating; there is so much we just do not know.
    I’m reminded of the dueling banjos scene in Deliverence; when Burt Reynolds makes fun of the old hillbilly, spontaneously dancing to the music; and he (the old hillbilly) responded; “You don’t know nothin!”
    I’ll never forget that scene…

zerosum
    Participant

Keep your eye on
    Ottawa inks deal to buy Trans Mountain pipeline project for $4.5B
    Ottawa inks deal to buy Trans Mountain pipeline project for $4.5B

Where is the 4.5 B coming from?
    Is the gov. borrowing the money?
    Is the gov. printing the money?

Who are the individuals that will receive 4.5 B.?
    Who are the individuals that will become the CEO,CFO, etc. of these assets?
    How much more will it cost to do the construction/expansion of the pipeline?

This purchase is a BIG DEAL with many negative and positive implications for canadians.

V. Arnold
    Participant

How much more will it cost to do the construction/expansion of the pipeline?

The cost is beyond one’s comprehension…

Nassim
    Participant

TAE seems to regularly link to scare stories about glaciers and so on. Well, here is an antidote:

Climate shock: 90 percent of the world’s glaciers are GROWING

Of course, as Martin Armstrong explains, it is perfectly normal to have less ice in the Arctic and more rain and snow further south – ice is not good at evaporating. 🙂

How and Why Ice Ages are Created

Nassim
    Participant

“there is so much we just do not know”

V Arnold,

Try and get any of the fake experts here in Cairns to agree with you.

I met a youngish American woman (PhD in ocean studies) who goes out on the boats most days and tells the tourists that it is all about to disappear – all 348,000 square kilometers (135,000 square miles) of it.

The whole thing is laughable if it were not so damaging to the local economy.

The local university, James Cook University, has sacked an academic who had an alternative viewpoint

Reef rebel Peter Ridd gets backing of Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.