Debt Rattle May 8 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 8 2022

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

@JohnDay Thanks for the link, it engendered many recollections indeed, although I must say it was more like a trip-and-fall back down the rabbit hole than it was a stroll down memory lane.

Back then was my first inkling that our spies and their masters have behaved very very badly. In the half century since then I’ve learned that attempts to describe their bad behavior with strong modifiers like “very” or “depraved” are frustrating. Words don’t get the job done in the description of fully dedicated and purposeful evil incarnate.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Oroboros Yeah! Contemplating those predictable outcomes sorta makes my day.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@JohnDay ref: “(Not so much “shoulder to shoulder” as pelvis-to-sacrum)”

I love it when you talk anatomically.

And here’s your false flag – right on time!

No, bigger that that.

anticlimactic
    Participant

MASKS

Anyone with glasses who puts on a mask will know the glasses fog up. This means that the breath is being vectored upwards into the upper air. The viruses will float for a considerable time in the upper air, spreading far and wide.

To make it more obvious lift the mask up, inhale a cigarette, replace the mask and exhale.

This shows that masks help the virus to infect more people.

This is schoolboy science.

It should not take the study of a million people to say that masks are bad!

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Dr. John Day – Canada stands “with” Ukraine in much the same way that Hunter Biden did.
    ————————————-

Well, … it appears to me that most Canadians support Ukraine. The Ukrainian banners** right now, are quite numerous on private homes – vast outnumbering hockey team pennants, … like Calgary Flames*</ em> for example, – Flames made playoffs this season! Hey, …

Anyway, … number of these Ukrainian flags are up side down: yellow up / blue down. Still, every one I spoke to over the last two months or so, supports Ukraine! Everyone, … no exception!

… btw, we Canadians, sometimes, fly our own flag on the Parliament Building, upside down, too! We call it accidents

F.S.

*) https://www.amazon.ca/CALGARY-FLAMES-OFFICIAL-3FTX5FT-BANNER/dp/B0045L4DLM/ref=sr_1_5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIweLqz8HQ9wIVEz-tBh0bJQQ0EAAYAyAAEgI8EPD_BwE&hvadid=596414233612&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001317&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2960135189252704107&hvtargid=kwd-1057468441413&hydadcr=27926_14550918&keywords=flames+flags&qid=1652033848&sr=8-5

**) https://www.amazon.ca/YCXXKJ-Ukrainian-Polyester-Decoration-Blue-Yellow-1/dp/B09TH754X5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm__shsLQ9wIVex-tBh30IA-xEAAYASAAEgLbYvD_BwE&hvadid=595964612550&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001317&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=11570600918225478896&hvtargid=kwd-366557731437&hydadcr=27172_14547220&keywords=ukrainian+flag&qid=1652033960&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A1CIFN8RZSXTYP&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTzIzQzZVWElLOUQ4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjI1NjM1MU9JTTBDUDNPMTlKSSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTY1MTM4M01PWDJUVEU3QklIMyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

That article is from Vancouver Times, where it’s labeled as “satire”

I know.

I saw the issue covered in several publications, and didn’t check.

It happens.

Mr. House
    Participant

This was very interesting:

Susmarie108
    Participant

Today’s selection, Edgar Degas L’absinthe (In a café) 1875-76 puts me in a mood, immediately. I am drawn to the woman. The lack of facial expression and the rounded shoulders tell me she is present in physical form only. Are we seeing defeat, resignation, and or apathy? Am intrigued by the Artist who chose to capture an unnamed mood as a feature subject. The limited color palette is dominated by the color grey (look closely it is everywhere). Notice how many shades of grey/yellow/white exist in this piece. The brown and black provide interesting contrast/counter weight support. The man is there, maybe even showing us contentment. Looks like a long night ahead…I wonder of they are still there?

@Oroboros
    – thank you for finding the beautiful tiger. Remembering that these powerful beasts are in the same precious stream of CREATION.

Susmarie108
    Participant

One more thought on the Degas painting. His use of thin black lines adds something special to this piece. By lining the decanter, table edges, the lady’s hat and shoulders – he adds sublime definition. The technique lifts the piece.

I wonder IF they are still there?

willem
    Participant

In the painting, the woman looks somewhere between sad and resigned to me. I think it’s the eyelids.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Happy Mother’s Day! to all my sisters who bravely rejected the cults of infanticide, in honor of the wonderful design chosen for you by the Loving, Healing, Creative Power of the Infinite, gifting the miracle of life to this celestial realm <3

May the blessings of family, friends & prosperity be your constant companion…

Peace be upon you,

Gary

Archie
    Participant

I notice that the absinthe decanter is empty but the ladies glass is full. She could just be blotto from the previous drinks. Also, is she with the character next to her? He looks like bosco on a good day, so who could blame her for getting spaced out.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

A photo of the woman in the painting:

Ellen Andrée (1856 – 1933), actrice française de théâtre.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Andr%C3%A9e

Kassandra
    Participant

Ukraine signs and flags abound in my small university town in my PNW/Mountain State. Sigh.

What would people think if I put up a Yemeni flag?

I am certainly scared of what’s coming food/fuel wise. I know I need to get that cord of wood next to my house, those bottles of water and stored food in the pantry. I’m in a new house this past year and trying hard to get some garden beds but I forgot just how many years it took me to get my garden going in my last house, learned about where the sun and shade is, getting the beds tilled and the compost and soil in.

Thankfully I’m in a small town now, nearly 2 hours drive to the nearest interstate, and surrounded by thousands (maybe millions?) of acres of farmland, with forests just a 15 minute drive away. Many people here still hunt for food and chop their own firewood from the forest. I don’t know if I could emotionally handle still living in a big city in a major metropolitan area with what seems to be coming.

BTW, mothers day is the most depressing day of the year for me. Not all people have mothers. Mine abandoned me when I was 6 months old, I was left with my heroin addicted father. For most of my life I wished I had been aborted.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Back in the day America couldn’t lose a war. Then things deteriorated until for quite a long stretch America couldn’t win a war. Now things have got so bad it’s looking like they can’t even start one properly.

John Day
    Participant

@Doc Robinson: I am heartened by the photograph of Ellen Andree. The hopelessness of the lady in the picture (whose glass does not contain absinthe, from the look of it) has always been a discouraging countenance for me to view.
    Absinthe is like black licorice liquor that rots your brain ’cause it’s fermented in wormwood.
    I drank it a few times in high school in Japan, where it is legal and I looked like an adult.
    Don’t bother.

John Day
    Participant

Hi Kassandra.
    God bless you and keep you, Sister.

Mr. House
    Participant

@DbentonSmith

I’d go as far as to argue we didn’t even win the last war we claimed we won. How many Americans died? Where was the majority of the fighting done? Where were the majority of German casualties? Heck we only attacked when it was apparent zee Germans were being pushed back………

TAE Summary
    Participant

Russia has superior engineers

– Russian weapons are designed by their military with the goal to keep Russia safe
    – US weapons are designed by corporation with the goal to make obscene profits
    – Both are good at what they do

Poland will take a bite out of Ukraine

– Poland remembers Barbarossa but wants to be on the right side of history
    – Where the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered

Putin has no reason to contemplate losing

– Putin does analysis of potential outcomes and consequences and acts
    – Biden does analysis of potential profits and optics and reacts

If Russia does not win, the Russian Federation will be humiliated and dismantled and become just another group of colonies for Western asset-strippers and slavers

– …and that great pit which hath been digged for the destruction of men shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction…

* US 2023: A winter of severe poverty and chaos
    – Bread: $25 a loaf
    – Hamburger: $35 a pound
    – Gasoline: $15 gallon
    – Electricity: $0.50 a kwh
    – Natural gas: $30 per 1000 cubic feet
    – Riots: Priceless

* Your lights are on, but you’re not home
    Your mind is not your own
    Your heart sweats, your body shakes
    Another false flag is what it takes
    You like to think that you’re immune to the stuff
    It’s closer to the truth to say you can’t get enough
    Might as well face it you’re addicted to rage
    Gonna have to face it you’re addicted to rage

The painting: I think she looks despondent. I think the man she’s with is buying her the drinks.
    I like Lira, but I there is a bit of -I don’t know what- about him. He has the effect of making his western listener despondent. It’s not that what he says isn’t true, but it is disheartening.
    Let me say that I also am beginning to think that the 2016 was the most accurate election in decades. That is, the nominee who was preferred, won.

Kassandra
    Participant

Let me say that I also am beginning to think that the 2016 was the most accurate election in decades. That is, the nominee who was preferred, won.

Wild, isn’t it? I didn’t vote that year, I just couldn’t vote for Clinton, but being a long time non-fan of the Donald I couldn’t do that either. Since I was in California, I figured it didn’t matter anyway.

In 2020 I voted for the Donald, as did many other California ex-left/liberal/Democrats I know personally. Because of that, it’s hard to believe that he didn’t win.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

TAE’s commentariat is on a roll! Hot damn there’s some good stuff pouring out of your hearts and minds and onto these pages. I’m really enjoying the read.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The woman in the Degas painting, Ellen Andrée, was also the model in the painting “Rolla” by Henri Gervex which was judged to be “immoral” because of the clothing shown on the floor.
    https://www.wikiart.org/en/henri-gervex/rolla-1878

In the Spring of 1878, a month before the inauguration of the Salon, Rolla was brutally excluded from the event by the Beaux-Arts administration. Yet, Henri Gervex was a renowned painter. Aged only 26, he had already been awarded a medal at the Salon, which in theory made him an “outsider” in terms of competition and therefore dispensed from the deliberations of the jury in charge of choosing the artworks exhibited. This time, the authorities decided otherwise as they judged the scene to be “immoral”…

If the scene was judged indecent, it was not because of Marie’s nudity, which in no way differs from the canonic nudes of the time. The attention of contemporaries rather turned to the still life constituted by a gown, a garter, and a hastily undone corset covered with a top hat. Gervex might have been advised by Degas to put “a corset on the floor” so that the spectator may know this woman “is not a model”. Indeed, this disposition and the nature of the clothes clearly indicate Marie’s consent and her status as a prostitute. Moreover, the walking stick emerging from the garments acts as a metaphor for sexual intercourse.

chris_gee
    Participant

@kassandra
    Thank you for sharing. If I could relieve your pain I would. Just because your parents had problems does not mean you were unworthy of love, happiness etc. May the sun shine upon you, a child hug you, and all good things.

John Day
    Participant

@D Bnton Smith: See? It’s fine. You just had to wait a little longer than you felt like that day you asked.

@TAE Summary: Try these words and channel Robert Palmer:

Your lights are on, but you’re not home
    Your mind is not your own
    Your heart sweats, your body shakes
    Another false flag is what it takes
    You like to think that you’re immune to the stuff
    It’s closer to the truth to say you can’t get enough
    Might as well face it you’re addicted to BLOOD
    Gonna have to face it you’re addicted to BLOOD

Dora
    Participant

Russell Brand takes down Gates’ GERM plan.

aspnaz
    Participant

@John Day

Still posting Zerohedge crap. Why? That is about the most controlled opposition I have ever seen. The most disturbing aspect of their reporting is that you will discover more about what is happening in the real world through the MSM that through Zero Hedge …. they are The Sun of the internet, posting shit to attract people who behave like flies around shit. As for the comments, man, I have seen more sense in the chimpanzee cage than at ZH. Their only credit is that they are anti-establishment, but it is all fake.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.