Debt Rattle New Year’s Day 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle New Year’s Day 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Claude Monet The Japanese Bridge 7 1924 • Trump Leaves Open Possible Taiwan Meet, Questions Russia Hacking (R.) • Was Claim by DHS and FBI About Russi
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle New Year’s Day 2017]

E. Swanson
    Participant

Does THIS describe the impending Trump/Putin alliance as the corporate world takes over the US Government?

Patricia
    Participant

While I understand why you don’t like calling a UBI a UBI when it is trialled on a few surely it has to start somewhere? My concern is not that but the amount, whether it is indexed to inflation and wages. In a world where employment is no longer full time or even part time a UBI must be considered. In my view it must be at least $20,000. It must be indexed to inflation and wages although in a world where there will be no ‘wages’ or ‘salaries’ that may not work. Here in New Zealand we have a form of UBI for everybody over the age of 65 irrespective of wealth. The are next to no poor elderly people in New Zealand. It does work so a UBI for all over the age of sixteen would not only help the people but the economy too. As all sovereign countries can print their own money there is no problem of ‘where will the money come from’.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ E. Swanson
    But, but, corporations have effectively, already taken over the U.S. government.
    I’m expecting this next 4 years we’ll see the privatization of Social Security.
    The timing would be perfect, as there have been cuts for the last 5 years (I’ve been getting it for 10 years, retired). The cuts have been in the form of the chained CPI which absurdly claims no inflation, so no cost of living raises. Any idiot knows that patently a lie.
    The neo-liberals have been stripping the last wealth left to the U.S. through privatization.
    The only word missing is Facism; by any other name it’s still Facism.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.