Debt Rattle New Year’s Eve 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle New Year’s Eve 2019

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Peter Beard Francis Bacon on his Roof at 80 Narrow Street, London 1972   • The Decade of Debt (R.) • I, Who Vowed to Never Short Stocks Again, Ju
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle New Year’s Eve 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Peter Beard Francis Bacon on his Roof at 80 Narrow Street, London 1972
    Ha, ha, ha, lol…just love that photo…
    Whimsical and just lovely…

Calvin and Hobbes at their whimsical best…
    Happy New Year Ilargi; may the coming year be just swell for all of us…

And Happy New Year to you. With all our readers way east of us, better get the wishes out in time…

Don’t know how swell the year will be, but then perhaps it depends on your definition of swell.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Don’t know how swell the year will be, but then perhaps it depends on your definition of swell.

Swell is an archaic Americanism which I particularly enjoy.
    Swell probably doesn’t describe what’s about to happen in 2020; but, one can always hope, no?
    But then, I do share your pessimism in the fact…

Cole Porter: What A Swell Party This Is

Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry all in one:

V. Arnold
    Participant

Holy shit! You’re just amazing Ilargi; that was just swell……………. 😉

Dr. D
    Participant

“I, Who Vowed to Never Short Stocks Again, Just Shorted the Entire Market (WS)”

Sure, but he may have to weather the meantime. With Dow near 30,000(!) and pumping $1T daily without comment, and the RoW about to hit the wall and rush safe havens back to the U.S., I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near that meantime that might be Dow 60,000. Why not? How less logical is that than 30,000? Did it seem Nasdaq was vertical in 1996? Well it doubled again before the end.
    Worse, the Shorts are literally the fuel to get there. The fake market-rigging system needs them and must have them to make the car go. Then there’s a 50% it will inflate instead and go to 600 million. Losses Unlimited.

Pelosi’s Half Right Constitutional Claim Leaves the House All Wrong (Turley)

I don’t know what Tribe would be thinking here since there’s literally no purpose of voting if not to pass the indictment for prosecution. It’s to allow the semi-impeached permanent legal amnesty? That’s the net effect. Besides, as Turley says, “It shatters the fragile rationale for the rush to impeach.” Which isn’t a legal thing, but a voter-support thing. Which loses elections.

He’s right about passing the vote to the Senate. The Senate can pretend the House vote is adequate and make them take it up in the Supreme Court, as well as a couple other approaches, none of which have all that much leverage. Leverage that would be illegal anyway, since the Senate has “Sole discretion”. But it’s political: what rules? We make the rules now, and while you’re chasing them, we’ll just change them again…says Karl Rove. In any case, it’s a play for time to avoid indictments so it’s actually worked pretty well. Make them go back to the planning quantum supercomputer and run a week’s more scenarios.

Strzok Claims FBI, DOJ Violated His Free Speech, Privacy Rights (Hill)

Well that’s an argument. However, as far as it exists here, speech on corporate devices, on company time, are basically the property of the company. And why wouldn’t they be? The FBI is no different. You want privacy in speech, use your own device on your own time. That case would have reasonable merit, but still be germane to proving prosecutorial bias and able to be subpoenaed. The device and time of your employer, the American People? Not so much. Let me tell you, they would reveal my texts going back to childhood and think nothing of it. They do it just to trash folk-lift operators who used Photoshop once. What free speech? Speech is public, that’s why you said it with your mouth, TO other people.

Tulsi: Impeachment Greatly Increased Likelihood of Trump Reelection (Hill)”

Strangely, she’s right, but telling the truth is the only crime, the only sin. We cannot let that go unpunished.

Forecast 2020 — Whirlin’ and Swirlin’ (Kunstler)

The only reason Don wouldn’t become Donetella is because Kunstler thought of it first.

You’all is spelled “y’all”. Donald would say “Yuse”, like any good New Yorker.

To many Americans, it may seem unimaginable that states would fail to fully pay pensions

Really? Who are these people? Every American I know has been reneged and defaulted on almost every year. Ask GM. These “Americans” he speaks of must be the coastal elites surrounding Wall Street, which defaulted in ’08 and got record bonuses, ‘cause the rest of us got screwed and expect to get screwed every day.

How Fentanyl Spread Across the US (Kolitz)

What was that with the trunkful of Chinese fentanyl, smuggled through Mexico, that was enough to kill everyone in a city of 200,000? And that was just ONE traffic stop. Talk about chemical weapons! …But why would we shut to border, arrest anyone or stop this? That’s just crazy talk. Racism is the only explanation. We need to outlaw guns, not fentanyl that kills 100x more people, ESPECIALLY when the guns are stopping crimes in Texas.

UK MoD Proposed Russian Membership of NATO in 1995 (G.)”

If this doesn’t say ‘insanity’, I don’t know what does. So…who would a combined Euro-American-Russian NATO be defending against? The Lizard aliens of Alpha Centuri? And they’re complaining about Yeltin, “Yats, he’s our boy!” when it’s well-established on all sides that the West specifically chose him and put him in more or less by economic force. And WE can dare complain about HIM? If an employee is drunk on the job, don’t we generally blame the manager? That’s you MoD. And because of that, and your pathetic, ruinous mismanagement of it, you got Putin, who has check-mated all you brainiacs combined*. Own it.

Yelts

*Well they come from Eton, Oxford, and Yale, so “brain” may be a wild exaggeration, but…

Good story:

Carlos Ghosn Fled Japan By Hiding In Musical Instrument Box

A band of musicians entered his home in Japan under the pretense that they would provide the entertainment during dinner. After leaving the party, Ghosn had hidden inside one of the musical instrument’s boxes before departing Japan via a local airport.

MTV added that Ghosn had been in Lebanon for many hours before the news of his escape from Japan was made public. Japan’s ambassador to Lebanon was informed of his arrival in the country after being contacted by MTV, the station said. -AlArabiya

zerosum
    Participant

Be nimble to adapt to change

• Forecast 2020 — Whirlin’ and Swirlin’ (Kunstler)

We, at TAE, find nothing that he said, is a new revelation. Due to the complexity of our social/economic structures, only general broad outcomes can be seen.
    We can only guess at which domino will start the cascade.
    Each of us, living in different parts of the world, will have different experiences as the dominos cascade down.
    In many areas, the hardship will happen but differ from others areas.
    Those areas with guns, (ie. police, military, etc.), could be ruled by cruel or benevolent gun toting rulers.
    Dispensation of resources and protection of the lines of distribution will change to whatever will work for the elites to continue to receive whatever they want.
    The enablers of yesterday will be replaced enablers with guns.
    All these change mean yesterday is gone. Yesterdays’ solutions will not work.

Yep!

Happy new year to all!

Dr. D
    Participant

Trying for that war again, this time in Iraq. From Pompeo, reportedly, on behalf of Israel, or at least Nutty, who needs a(nother) war to distract from his bribery and hundred other felonies and war crimes..

Cheeto says Iraq has to kick out Iran. Read a book: Iraq is 2/3 Shia, they run the country, and Iran was the one holding off the U.S. from ruining the place with even more depleted uranium than we already used. …You know, I get the idea they don’t like us invading their country and killing everyone, causing generations of birth defects. No appreciation! I thought you wanted Democracy! Congratulations, 51% want Shias and Iran!

Anyhow, nice try, but I doubt it.

zerosum
    Participant

Something is hitting the fan!!!
    Where? Who, what, how will be impacted?
    Australia
    No. It wasn’t shit.
    Fire and you didn’t even see it coming or realize that it could be a domino.
    Millions of animals are or will die.

zerosum
    Participant

There is no proof of wrong doing -Biden
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/judge-hunter-biden-paternity-case-mysteriously-recuses-hours-after-new-allegations-filed
    The recusal came two hours after ‘defrauded investor’ Joel Caplan filed to become a party in the case, which included a witness statement from ex-Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin, who says he was fired for investigating a Ukrainian gas company which Biden worked for.

https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=71E4437B55E137FAE35BB71034727F432EB502C7B437FB67D554694D578E47FAA5CB16B692BDEC9A2C9653243B19ED66BEA3FC1FA043011F4C8621171E0FF585&i_url=https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS

Caplan, who filed papers from Jerusalem, Israel, claims many Chinese nationals made fortunes from the ploy, which involved presenting fake company documents and claiming they were genuine investments when they were actual frauds. -Daily Mail
    Here is more
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7840445/Hunter-Bidens-Burisma-dealings-pulled-Arkansas-child-support-suit.html

John Day
    Participant

Did You Evah by Iggy and Debbie looks like it came out in 1991.
    I completely missed it!
    (I was very busy and working on the Navajo res. with 3 little kids and an also-busy wife and no MTV)
    This is the first I heard of it.
    It looks like it inspired Soundgarden’s Black Hole Sun in 1994

Thanks also V.Arnold and Ilargi, for the Kunstler piece.
    He lets it all hang out. Right on!
    Something-New Decade!

V. Arnold
    Participant

What the hell is going on with all of the Pancreatic Cancer cases in the news lately.
    Many celebrities and politicians diagnosed with it, not to mention just plain folk???
    We’ve got 3 doctors here; so, guys? Anything?
    Thanks in advance…

Dr. D
    Participant

http://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4046-the-leftist-cult-vs-the-trump-cult-similarities-and-differences

“Anytime the public starts to wake up to the web of control, all the elites have to do is push one or both sides of the political spectrum towards extremism and let the people rage at each other instead of picking up their torches and pitchforks and tearing down the oligarchy. This method of division and diversion keeps the masses occupied and feeling as though they are accomplishing something while actually accomplishing nothing.

As Carroll Quigley, globalist insider and mentor to Bill Clinton, admitted in his book ‘Tragedy And Hope’:

“The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can “throw the rascals out” at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy….Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.”

He being as cynical as I sound, he doesn’t point up that the people involved are actually trying to do something good, left and right alike. That doesn’t disprove this method of control, but only people at the very top are aware of the scam they’re running, and maybe not even then — I’m sure many are cynical about getting anything done “in this corrupt old town” but doing what they can, and figuring it’s their best. …Note, all the while letting the corruption roll ever on without opposition, as telling the truth or prosecuting felonies are the only real crimes.

And since the people want that, participate in it, love it, fight against anyone who would change it, and oppose all morality in word and in deed, who am I to say? They get just what they most desire and deserve. It can’t change until we, change. WE, not them. “For the violent narcissistic sociopaths will always be with us.”

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either — but right through every human heart.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsy

V. Arnold
    Participant

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either — but right through every human heart.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsy

Yes!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.