Debt Rattle November 12 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 12 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Burning weeds 1883   • Macron: Nationalism Is A “Betrayal Of Patriotism” (Ind.) • Putin Says Had Good Conversation With Trump In
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 12 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Okay, is Putin a nationalist or a patriot? He seems to like globalism, but he likes Russia better. And he’s been pushed out of globalism through sanctions and tall tales.

Me? I think Putin is a patriot, in the best sense of that word. A nationalist? No, not at all.
    Globalist? Again no.
    But, I think Putin knows the US game and how to counter it; it involves helping countries to counter US aggression, in all its iterations, and they are myriad.
    But, Putin does this in a strategic way; the way a chess player plays a good game…
    I have seen nothing exploitive from the Russian leader; only smart survival, strategic, moves that protect Russia and Russia’s friends.
    In an interesting twist; Russia offers superior defensive equipment; not concentrating on offensive systems which can be easily neutralised, in the end, by a suprior technology…

Dr. D
    Participant

“Mr Macron also called on fellow leaders to fight for peace.” This from a guy who just called for a pan-European army. To hug people and give them flowers, ‘natch. Note that army, and the United Europe Under Brussels was an unhinged conspiracy theory just a year or two ago, even though it was perfectly obvious to any rational observer what the whole Euro project was about as far back as the 60’s. Heck, Margaret Thatcher warned of exactly this in the 1980’s, 40 years ago. But nope. Macron is going to have a love army, that is run by the nations, but also by the unaccountable, unelected EU bureaucrats too, who need it to attack no one, and especially not to repress their own citizens, by sending Germans to shoot Italians, or Frenchmen to shoot Greeks. And this is Patriotism, not Nationalism, which would be bad. O-kay. Rodger-dodger. Loud and clear. One question: since you’re even MORE broke than ever, and the U.S. idiotically covers some hilarious outsized portion of your defense, and that’s exclusively WHY Europe can have massive social welfare and health care at all (and we don’t), how are you going to pay for it? Greece isn’t large enough and you already plundered them. Bon Chance!

“These so-called elections undermine the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine…”
    I thought that this was authorized under the U.N. self-determination principle, which is in complete conflict with the let’s-not-change-national-borders-willy-nilly principle. In any case, they voted, overseen by the world. I thought that’s what you want? Or do regional election only count when they’re not in Spain, and referendums only count when they don’t repudiate the E.U.? (See Ireland, Netherlands, Britain…) Go back and vote until you get it right, peasants!

“Prime Minister Theresa May will say on Monday Britain is “open to a different relationship” with Russia if Moscow takes a new path and stops “attacks” that undermine international treaties and security.”
    Just like Syria and N. Korea, they *might* be nice if the nation in question surrenders unconditionally *before* the talks. Maybe. Not promising anything. This from a nation openly lying about Skripal, after decades of lying about Iraq and Iran, and with the U.S. attacked like 10 nations in illegal wars of aggression. One who postures as a financial center, yet confiscates Russian assets at will, and when Venezuela wants their gold back, says they need to ask “mother may I?” and “please describe exactly what you intend to do with every ounce of *our*, i.e. British gold.” Oh, while incidentally, having stolen that gold and not having it, also never shared it with their own people, killing them in numbers worse than any Dickensian novel. But they’re the side of the angels and Russia is bad. Such is May’s “values” and “democracy.” As a great man once said, “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.”

Speaking of Democracy, given a hard-core national mandate, May is “On Verge Of ‘Total Surrender’ In Brexit Talks (R.)” Because hey, who cares what the people want, amirite? They just need to be ground down until they vote the way we told them to. By deceit if we can, but by violence and attrition if necessary. May clearly could care less they now have NEITHER the E.U. cooperation (for what little it’s worth) NOR national independence, but live in a twilight world populated by the worst of both. May has moved Britain from a fief of Brussels to a slave, as planned and expected, for they would all sooner die than do as the people ask.

But is any of this news? “Same as it ever was.”

Byrne

Dr. D
    Participant

One for the home team, V. he does a great job of showing Thailand at best.

Somebody Feed Phil – Bangkok

V. Arnold
    Participant

And just how is that?
    I could take that as a great insult.
    Care to expand that a bit?
    I’m not a fan boy of Thai politics…
    But living in the rural part of the country; I’m a fan boy of real Thai culture…
    So, just what the hell are you talking about?
    Phil…feed…Bangkok? Just who the hell is that? Phil? Fed?
    That’s pretty fucked up dr d…

zerosum
    Participant

@ dr d

The elites made windmills.
    Are you showing us examples of the windmills.
    We do not have the wealth or the power to fight the elites made windmills.

But is any of this news? “Same as it ever was.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.