Debt Rattle November 17 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 17 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

DPC “Grant’s Tomb. Rubber-neck auto on Riverside Drive, New York” 1911 • Steel Is the Poster Child For Oversupplied Commodity Markets (Bloomberg) • Oi
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 17 2015]

Greenpa
    Participant

There’s going to be a serious arctic air intrusion into Europe next week; the effect on refugees is likely going to be quite bad, and the pressure-cooker will be further pressurized.

I can’t guess what will happen to the pressure cooker; but the weather is a different thing. If you intend to be one of the survivors; you really need to learn how to read the information that’s right there on the web;
    https://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=glob_250

jal
    Participant

Can’t wait for Russia to publish the details.

• ISIS Financed by 40 Countries, Including G20 Member States – Putin (Sputnik)

Its going to be one of those situation …
    “Who farted!
    Not me!”

Professorlocknload
    Participant

El Niño; food shortages, floods, disease and droughts,,,or, maybe not.

But the seed is thus planted in the minds of those who need to believe in disaster, so they will know what to look for and embellish.

Everyone must blame someone, so pointing fingers at the weather allows them to blame everyone,,,even themselves.

Had a hell fire preacher tell me, years ago, my car wouldn’t break down so often if I went to church. Told him the thing had a hundred fifty thousand miles on it, and asked if he had some connection that could roll back the odometer, or what?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Jal,

ISIS financed by the International Military Industrial Complex? The hell, you say! ;-).

Cui bono.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

$50 million reward? Putin is really going to make bringing down a plane that profitable, for some sicko shysters to set up even more ideologically warped bombers in future? Like the real perpetrators won’t cull out some middleman scapegoat, or “drop” a passport somewhere in the process?

Again, Cui bono. And $50 mil is a lot of money.

Raleigh
    Participant

“Right wing Canada sees an opportunity, too, for political gain over the backs of people fleeing the very terror they’re now supposedly suspected of.” Yes, along with other Arabs: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, UAE. Psychopaths firmly implanted everywhere.

Right wing/left wing? I don’t see myself fitting anywhere. Right wing appears to want to sell the country out to the highest bidders, follow corporate orders, screwing the ordinary citizen. The left wing appears to want to sell the country out to the lowest bidders, follow touchy-feely sentiment, screwing the ordinary citizen. I see the two sides in bed (as I described the other day): the corporate right uses the fluffy left, and it’s a marriage made in their kind of heaven, except it doesn’t benefit the country. It benefits their particular ideologies.

I listened to Justin Trudeau speak the other day (one of the first times I’ve heard him speak). Not impressed. Soft-spoken, limp-wristed, wants to appear to be “nice”. “Look at me, I’m progressive. I’m not ignorant like the rest.” His own father was totally against multiculturalism, but gave in as part of a deal to secure bilingualism. The trades our leaders make and the disastrous consequences they bring!

“I understand that the overwhelming majority of refugees are fleeing violence and bloodshed…..” Where are the bullets at their backs as they pay the smugglers to ferry them out of “Turkey” and into Greece? They have already fled the violence and are safe in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. They are choosing to cross the waters.

“Four children, four women and one man. Can we mourn them the way we mourn the Paris victims?” Of course, but they CHOSE to cross with their children, who had been safe in Turkey; the people in Paris were oblivious of what was to come. Had they been told, “Hey, there’s a good potential that some restaurants and bars will be targeted tonight with gunfire and you could be killed,” I highly doubt anyone would have gone out that night. And can we also mourn the people in the Russian plane, who also had no forewarning that they could lose their lives? Let’s push rewind and give them a chance to not board that plane: “There’s a chance that you will not survive this flight.” Tell me how many would have boarded. How many would have put their children in harm’s way? Not many. And yet we see Syrians, who are presently very safe in Turkey, not being gassed or bombed, putting their own children’s lives at stake, and when their children drown, we put the blame on ourselves. Somehow they can afford cell phones and designer clothes, but they can’t afford life jackets for their own children?

What needs to happen is all boats leaving Turkey need to be turned back. That way no one need drown. Let’s give Putin (and now the rest of the countries assisting) some time to annihilate ISIS. Perhaps then the people will be able to go back to their homes.

Raleigh
    Participant

Don’t know this author from a hole in the ground, but he gives an interesting perspective on Sweden, calling them an “indigenous people”.

“Now that she’d been “accepted” by the Swedes, her plan was to use her clout to transform the country into a multicultural mecca in which the old traditions and culture would be jettisoned for a new “afro-Sweden.” Quartey seemed genuinely hostile toward the native Swedes. “They think they run the place,” she exclaimed, “but look out! The immigrants are coming and so is a new Sweden. We’re gonna make that country unrecognizable.”

I knew if I said anything, I’d be in the doghouse with my girlfriend for at least a week, but I couldn’t resist. I asked a simple, one-word question: “Why?”

Quartey stopped cold. She froze. In the echo chamber that was her life, I honestly don’t think this was a question she’d ever been asked.

“What do you mean?” she sputtered.

“Why change such an old and indigenous culture? A nation that has welcomed you with open arms, a people who have inhabited the land since prehistory, a people far more indigenous than the bare-assed hut-dwelling natives of the Amazon. The Swedes have given you a good life; why destroy what they have?”

Hot damn, did things get unpleasant at the table from that point on. Quartey accused me of being racist, but to me, I saw my views as being anything but. As a child of the ’70s, I was raised during a time when protecting “indigenous peoples” was all the rage. Native Americans were no longer portrayed as savages in two-dimensional Western films; they were a noble, wronged people, the voice of reason and conscience in films…”

https://takimag.com/article/rise_of_the_victim_conquerors_david_cole#axzz3rm5t1HsH

Raleigh
    Participant

Another example of common sense being completely thrown out the window in our pursuit to appease, be progressive, understanding and nice to foreign cultures and religions: the story of Elizabeth Smart, the 14 year-old Utah girl who was abducted from her bedroom and raped and tortured for nine months. Because her abductors made her wear a niqab, a policeman was unable to demand removal of it (so he could have seen it was her), and she ended up being raped and tortured for seven more months!

https://takimag.com/article/niqab_nightmare_david_cole#axzz3rm5t1HsH

Can we mourn for her too?

Nassim
    Participant

As usual, Orlov has a very nice article. I wonder why no one offered a $50m reward towards revealing who was behind the MH-17?

My guess is that they will be busy killing off those who put the bomb on board the plane – and blaming that as well on ISIS. If Putin is really lucky, someone like Snowden will come forward – and move to Russia.

The area of Paris where the carnage took place is heavily populated by Jewish people. Any Jew-hater would have chosen Saturday night – after the sabbath. Clearly, those pulling the strings have other ideas. I am absolutely certain that no one from the ruling French mafia was anywhere near that area.

“Shabbat is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Raleigh
    Participant

Here’s what I think about economic immigrants (the Syrians are not refugees). If you want to emigrate to another country, know that you will be embracing that country’s culture, not your own. If you do not like that, if you want to come and then change laws to favor your way of life once you get here, forget about it. If you want to wall yourself off from society, live in a city within a city, a cultural enclave, don’t bother coming. We don’t want you. If you want cultural permission to beat your wives and mutilate the genitals of your daughters, choose another country, and good luck with that.

Remember, you are choosing to move. Before you leave, take a good look at the culture you will be moving to. If you don’t like it, stay at home or go elsewhere.

Nassim
    Participant

“Who Could Organize the Paris Attacks?”

https://journal-neo.org/2015/11/17/who-could-organize-the-paris-attacks/

Interesting article, but IMHO totally misses the point. He thinks that the Qatari’s did it with the support of the British. Personally, I think the Israelis did it with the support of the French. I don’t think the Qataris are capable of anything other than the signing of cheques.

LRacine
    Participant

“They have already fled the violence and are safe in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. ”

Hmmm… it seems that Amnesty International disagrees with your statement… (perhaps they are not “creditable” enough for you.. if so than please provide sources (boots on the ground) to support your statement.

Otherwise, I politely “call bullshit” …..lol

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/20/amnesty-report-desperate-plight-syrian-refugees-turkey

Nassim
    Participant

Let’s not forget the MH-17. It seems that there are some honest policemen in Australia – even though Australian journalists are crap.

“THE TONGUE THAT RAN AWAY WITH ITSELF — AUSTRALIAN AND DUTCH OFFICIALS LOSE CONTROL OF MH17 INFOWAR”

https://johnhelmer.net/?p=14500

“Geough (journalist) has reported his personal conviction that the Kremlin is to blame for the MH17 downing, and “Moscow’s intransigence” for delay in prosecution. ”

Raleigh
    Participant

LRacine – have you screamed at your government representatives to stop the so-called “civil” war (which it is anything but)? The U.S. and NATO trying to overthrow another sovereign government? I have. Have you asked them what the hell they’re doing in Syria? What’s better, piling a bunch of people on boats, planes and trains and taking them far away from their homes, stripping Syria of its citizens, or stopping the God-damned war?

I know the situation there must be dire, but what I was disputing is the fact that they are not running for their lives with bullets at their backs. That’s what I was calling bullshit on. Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan are providing free medical aid to the Syrian refugees and they are trying to do their best, I am sure. Turkey has taken the brunt, but the situation is not much better in Jordan and Lebanon. These countries are struggling with shortages of water too.

https://shoebat.com/2015/05/24/isis-has-become-a-major-threat-to-neighboring-jordan-making-the-end-of-the-kingdom-imminent/

https://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/over-755000-syrian-refugees-in-lebanon-641252.html

Aid is being provided by the West, but it is obviously not enough; that I can agree with. The following page lists the aid that has been given by other countries – so far about $12 billion – around $3,000.00 per Syrian ($12 billion divided by approximately four million Syrians), which is what Jordan has been spending per year to house and feed them. Probably the cost of a few war planes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

But the article you linked says:

“About 220,000 are living in 22 government-run camps, which offer food and essential services, the report said. The remaining 1.38 million – more than 85% – are living outside the camps, mostly in communities along the Turkey-Syrian border.”

Aside from the 220,000 who are living in the camps, are the other 1.38 million people being provided with aid as well, or are they making it on their own with jobs? I know that many Syrians have been working in the adjoining countries, which is taking jobs away from the existing citizens. If the 1.38 million are not being aided, then where is the $12 billion going?

No doubt the aid given by Western countries needs to be increased, but what really needs to stop is this ridiculous war. The U.S. has to stop supplying arms to ISIS and the so-called moderate rebels, and the West needs to collectively get behind Putin and Assad and annihilate ISIS.

Put pressure on your government to end the war so that the people can go home.

Raleigh
    Participant

Nassim – interesting paragraph from the article you linked:

“The public airing of Australian police scepticism towards the MH17 evidence follows the decision by Victorian state coroner Ian Gray to classify secret all autopsy evidence collected by Australian coronial pathologists from the bodies of victims. Gray acted after autopsy results had been published in Australia and internationally. This evidence revealed the absence of missile shrapnel in the bodies of the Australians, casting doubt on the claims of a Buk missile warhead as cause of the crash, and of Russian culpability in the deaths. Gray’s new secrecy order came after he had been briefed by government officials. On their recommendation, Gray is also refusing to set a date for an inquest into the cause of death for the Australian victims.”

I hope those honest policemen will get their say. Par for the course, though: keep all the best evidence hidden. The narrative is that the Russians did it, and so it will be. Too bad. Lies everywhere and always an angle.

Some aviation expert (I remember seeing him on CNN) said that when MH370 went down, he realized that the way these news programs worked was they set out a narrative, and then invited the experts on to agree with them. The plane went towards Australia, the plane went here, the plane went there, follow the bouncing pings. The narrative is set out to convince people of what happened, even though it’s probably a bunch of bull. And the sheep follow along.

We’ll probably never know what really happened to MH17 because the evidence will be buried too deep.

Nassim
    Participant

Take a deep breath before checking out this photo.

“Final Nail . . . beyond belief!!! ~J”
    https://jhaines6a.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/final-nail-beyond-belief-j/

I can’t really believe what I am seeing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.