Debt Rattle November 9 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 9 2016

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Javier Juén 2016 • Donald Trump Wins White House in Astonishing Victory (AP) • Global Markets Roiled as Trump Election Win Upends Forecasts (BBG) • Pu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 9 2016]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I was not unhappy it was not Clinton. I didn’t vote.
    As the Chinese say; may you live in interesting times (it was a curse).
    Well, we are definitely living in interesting times.
    As for the future? We’ll see (I’m not optimistic).

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

The fantasy rolls ever on. Least astonishing non-upset ever: if you couldn’t tell 2 months ago, when Trump rallies were 40,000 and Hillary 4,000, and online views of their speeches were running 25:1, then I don’t know what to tell you. It reminds me of “The Big Short”, where the premise of the very movie is that “nobody could have seen it coming”, just this tiny handful of lucky, careful agitators. Meanwhile, TAE, HousingCollaspeBlog, FinancialSense, and a field of alt-media viewed by ten million eyes were on it from the day Greenspan lowered rates. Unintended consequences. Nobody saw it coming. Except the 10 million of us all screaming at the top of our lungs in the corner that this would be a national and banking catastrophe.

They saw it coming. Everybody saw it coming. They were LYING. As they are lying now about it being an upset: it’s only an upset because they wouldn’t report the news.

But the world rolls on and we have new challenges: hold the new government to the law; local, civil, criminal, security, and international law, same as the last 5 Presidents and the last 26 years, none of whom would. No rest for the weary.

And to think all they had to do was run someone boring and less corrupt, but they couldn’t. The theft is now so big and the fraud and control so expensive that the smallest restraint in the stealing from the people would collapse the system. …Which will collapse anyway. Closing the Collapse Gap at last.

seychelles
    Participant

Right on, Diablo.

TonyPrep
    Participant

I wasn’t particularly surprised, nor particularly concerned. Two bad choices (since very few seem to consider other parties). However, I do note that Clinton won the popular vote, thus rendering the result undemocratic (if not everyone’s vote is equal, then it isn’t a democracy). Perhaps the US ought to fix that, since this is the second time it’s happened in 5 elections.

rapier
    Participant

I’m sorry Diablo but ” hold the new government to the law” is just too funny. The rule of law is over now and it will be the rule of men who say they are the law when it isn’t just passing laws to allow them to do whatever it is they want, to you. The demise of ossified corrupt so called liberalism is not to be followed by something happy. I’ve been amazed the the entire alt economic world has been thrilled by Trump instead of saddened by the of the inevitable arrival of authoritarian parties and then soon enough states.

Cue the Yeats, and this time it really truly fits.

That graphic is a stupendous find IM.and hats off to the artist.

Nassim
    Participant

“None of the disclosures in this campaign — not one thing in any of the hacked emails or those declassified and released from Clinton’s private server — has brought to light anything of greater importance than the documents Chelsea Manning provided to Wikileaks.”

Absolutely. That is because these emails were provided semi-officially by people inside the US bureaucracy. Just imagine how there is not a single email incriminating Israel in any sort of scandal. Quite remarkable I would think.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

@Rapier, the key thing to understand about the American system is that the power lies in the PEOPLE. They are the government. They are the law. Therefore, so long as the people hold any desire to have a rule of law, it lives inside them. Because we sure know that desire isn’t inside government, or most of the men that occupy it, and mostly never has been. This tension goes far, far back, before the founding of the Republic, even before the American Revolution, and we’ll never be rid of it because all men struggle with healthy limits on their behavior vs the desire to be free.

It’s no laughing matter to hold government to the rules. If the people don’t get up and do it, every day for 240 years, certainly nobody else will. But eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, and if the people won’t do the vigilance, no one can help them. So I, we, aren’t asking pretty please. We’re going out and doing our duty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.