Debt Rattle September 12 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 12 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Juan Gris Grapes 1913   • People ‘Fighting In The Streets’ For Last Remaining Food In Caribbean (Ind.) • 20 Miles Made A $150 Billion Difference
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 12 2017]

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>“There are none so blind as those who will not see” normally turns up in religion, but there is no other way to describe the dominant sect in economics today as wilfully blind.<<

I will add another sector that is rife with willful blindness… CONTROLLED OPPOSITION.

Steve Keen exposed himself as such during the discussion in the comments section of this article… Click on the article, click on the comments section, and then read the comments.

The Principal And Interest On Debt Myth
    https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/03/30/the-principal-and-interest-on-debt-myth-2/&refURL=&referrer=#5b03317a1c76

Now, if you think there is any possible way to justify Steve Keen’s erroneous claims in that Comments section discussion, lay out your case.

I triple dog dare ya.

Steve Keen couldn’t do it – and he ran away relying on the guppy-like attention span of modern day helots for cover. And I’m under no illusion that Steve Keen isn’t wicked smart. He is. He understood what was being communicated to him, he only pretended to be baffled. You know, following Sun Tzu’;s Art of War advice to “pretend inferiority.”

Steve Keen acts like a Benedict Arnold. He pretends to be your friend, but his real role is to act as controlled opposition and keep the truth out of the minds of the masses.

The truth is that debt-based monetary systems are prima facie frauds from the ground up. They are artificial zero-sum balance sheet games where one person’s wealth is, by arbitrary definition, another persons inextinguishable-debt poverty.

Poverty is a feature of debt-money systems, not a bug.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to effectively care for the oppressed in the world and fail to call out debt-money systems as the primary source of that oppression. To think otherwise is, well, why there are no solutions.

By Lietaer’s account, Paul Krugman knows, as do the high level economics professors at MIT…

Krugman to Lietaer: “Never touch the [debt-]money system!”

zerosum
    Participant

Oh Ya!

Poverty is a feature of our social and economic systems. It’s not a bug.
    It’s a zero sum situation.
    If someone has more than enough then someone else will not have enough.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

ZeroSum, Oh Ya!, indeed

Here’s another breakdown…

And another…

It is so simple, which is why it has to be IGNORED.

Omissions is the most effective form of lie, at least according to Orwell and my observation.

Nassim
    Participant

Al Gore made the following speech after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans:

Al Gore: Hurricane Katrina and Global Warming

“Now, the scientific community is warning us that the average hurricane will continue to get stronger because of global warming. A scientist at MIT has published a study well before this tragedy showing that since the 1970s, hurricanes in both the Atlantic and the Pacific have increased in duration, and in intensity, by about 50 %.”

Happily, he was wrong and the USA has had very few hurricanes since then. It is clear to me that some people are desperate to connect random events to “Global Warming”.

BTW, the waters were 2C (3F) cooler than normal where Irma formed.

Hurricane Irma formed over cooler water

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.