Debt Rattle September 18 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 18 2020

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Fred Stein Paris evening 1934   • COVID – Why Terminology Really, Really Matters (Kendrick) • Biden Nearly 5 Times More Likely than Trump to Win
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 18 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Fred Stein Paris evening 1934

Wow, what a shot! Love the atmospherics and all…

sumac.carol
    Participant

Boggles the mind how the whole world could have mixed up infection fatality rate and case fatality rate. And who benefits. Or just humans under the influence of “herd mentality”, in the words of Mr. Trump

zerosum
    Participant

We are still “the miserable”
    Once again, TAE demonstrates that our social/economic system is built on lies and would not be able to function on truth.
    What!!! ….
    Do you still believe that lawyers “tell the truth and only the truth”
    Do you still believe that lawyers “dig for the truth and only the truth”

Do you still believe …..

It doesn’t matter.
    Its irrelevant what you believe.
    The truth is that you cannot change our social/economic systems.
    It took the combined power of trillions of C19 to make the small changes to our social/economic systems
    We are still “the miserable”

Trump ‘Approved’ of Pardon Offer to Assange in Exchange for Source of DNC Leaks, Jen Robinson Says

It has been alleged by members of the Democratic Party and elements of the press that the source of the DNC Leaks published by WikiLeaks is linked to the Russian state, a position that has been consistently denied by both Julian Assange and the Russian state.

US President Donald Trump was “aware of and had approved of” US Congressman Dana Rochbacher and Mr Charles Johnson meeting with Julian Assange in order to secure the source of the DNC Leaks, in exchange for some form of “pardon, assurance or agreement” which would “both benefit President Trump politically” and prevent a US indictment against and extradition of Mr Assange, the Old Bailey heard on Friday.

Assange never would or could identify a source. Apart from other considerations, it would be the end of WikiLeaks.

zerosum
    Participant

DHUUUU
    Lawyers at work

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/commerce-department-reportedly-planning-shut-down-tiktok-wechat-us#comment_stream
    TikTok and WeChat:

While the threats posed by WeChat and TikTok are not identical, they are similar.
    Each collects vast swaths of data from users,(your kids) including network activity, (your kids), location data, (your kids), and browsing and search histories, (your kids). Each is an active participant in China’s civil-military fusion and is subject to mandatory cooperation with the intelligence services of the CCP. This combination results in the use of WeChat and TikTok creating unacceptable risks to our national security, (from your kids)

madamski cafone
    Participant

It seems that one shouldn’t waste one’s time on any one’s political opinions. Even those whose main reputation is based on writing highly accurate books of political analysis. Chomsky, for example.

Mr. House
    Participant

Covid as portrayed by the media is BS

That’s far too broad a stroke, it doesn’t say anything let alone help anyone. You must be able to do better than that.

It seems that one shouldn’t waste one’s time on any one’s political opinions. Even those whose main reputation is based on writing highly accurate books of political analysis. Chomsky, for example.

Chomsky ripping into Trump for refusing to leave if he loses makes me want to ask what his sources for that claim are, but it appears almost irrelevant. It’s what some group of people have decided. Which is odd only when you think 63 million people voting for you has an actual meaning.

But hey, Chomsky’s 91. At that age maybe you can say whatever you want. Which is also what Trump’s been doing for 5-odd years. While his handlers won’t let Biden say a single little thing of his own accord.

zerosum
    Participant

Reflection
    The Fed can “print” all the money in the world. But if people don’t actually spend it; but save it instead, it won’t create inflation because there’s no velocity.
    And now, because of high unemployment and failing businesses, people are not spending money even when the economy reopens.

People, companies, and governments are all in debts. Nobody has money to save.
    If the money is spent on paying off loans, (ie. a company paying loans to avoid going bankrupt) there will not be any velocity.

If inflation is only 3%, the 75% dollar devaluation happens in about 45-years; an average career span.

If you experienced only a 3% inflation then you were not living in the same country that I grew up.

Susmarie108
    Participant

“Assange never would or could identify a source. Apart from other considerations, it would be the end of WikiLeaks.”

Yes. The integrity of Julian Assange is on full display here. That he would not sell out….his courage humbles me. The fact that Congressman Rochbacher – with President Trump’s full support – would make this offer is another prime example of the ignorance, arrogance, and moral corruption of this President who will do anything for his own gain. They missed the whole point of WikiLeaks and an opportunity for WINNING. Pardoning Jullian Assange with NO STRINGS ATTACHED would have been “the money shot”.

Hahaha on accordion Trump.

@sumac.carol: when President Trump spoke the words “herd mentality” I realized that he was trying to say TWO things at once – and both were TRUE. It takes herd mentality to achieve herd immunity – and this is what is counting on.

Tucker is trying wayyy too hard! The color revolution coup story started in public with Speaker John Boehner and Senate Leader McConnell who delacred a “war” on enabling the agenda of a newly elected Obama. They both vowed he would be a one term President before he (Obama) even got started. Sound familiar? The RussiaRussia coup is a variation of this.

Mr. House
    Participant

To do better then that Raul, i would actually have to have had first hand exp. with it. I haven’t had that yet, and no one i know personally has either. So i then have to go to the media, since they seem to be the only people i know who have had exp with it. Based on what i’ve read and seen them say here is what i know:

1. Its Trumps fault
    2. People that put the most at risk population group at risk, will not be punished
    3. Young people generally exp. it as the flu or don’t know they have it at all.
    4. If Joe Biden is elected we can resume college football and high school football (his youtube ads have gone into overdrive since september started)
    5. Believe science*except when they said cigs didn’t harm people, or don’t report on wacky vaccine schemes Bill Gates has done in Africa.
    6. Republicans are enemies of the state
    7. If you hype up a pandemic in the media, no one will question you looting the treasury to the tune of 3.3 trillion dollars to distribute to yourself and your friends.

Mr. House
    Participant

8. At one point it was said chinese men got it worse then women because they smoked more. Then a month or so later it was stated that smoking or nicotine might actually help you from getting it bad.
    9. If you do know someone who has it or had it, they may get it again.
    10. We’ve never made a vaccine in the short time the media keeps saying we will, i don’t want to get that vaccine.
    11. The media has reported on Covid with the same hysteria and BS as trump getting a golden shower from a russian prostitute.

Mr. House
    Participant

12. 15 weeks to flatten the curve has turned into 6 months.
    13. People wear masks while driving in their car alone
    14. If you’re the cool popular group you can say anything you like and rubes will believe you (just like high school)
    15. Naked Capitalism can be some of the least open minded people on the internet when they get together in groups
    16. Tech will censor you if you post or publish something they don’t agree with (prob lots of more of this in the future for us)
    17. Most jobs are even more BS then i thought since we’ve been working from home for six months now

Mr. House
    Participant

18. We trust each other so little all it took was a small shove over the edge to get anyone in public to treat you like a leper
    19. Do not concede the election even if you really lose
    20. The government has given itself the ability to declare marshal law due to covid (thank god i trust them with that kind of responsibility, their reaction to covid really makes me feel more confident in their judgement and abilities)
    21. Thank god i don’t live in Australia

Mr. House
    Participant

22. Deny democracy to save democracy from Nazis (Dems have removed green party from ballot in PA because Nazis)

Mr. House
    Participant

September 18, 2020 at 3:41 pm

“we used to call them “Rednecks”.

some of the symbols have changed a bit.

there was a graphic novel style cartoon linked here a few months ago that talked about a subspecies of this bunch…with the black and white american flags, and Punisher logos.
    most memorable part, for me: the armed up and tatted moron/would be badass saying “see, Ma, i ain’t gay…”
    I’d like the link if anyone remembers, because i’ve referenced it several times with wife, when we’ve been discussing toxic masculinity and other common social ills in our part of the world.(there’s a lot of flags on pickup trucks and jeeps of late”Oh, look, honey…a parade…”)”

When you say things like this or make generalizations about white people, you are applauded. If you say that about any other ethnicity you will be burned at the stake or have large rocks piled on you.

Mr. House
    Participant

24. Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad

Mr. House
    Participant

25. The Gods are the elites of America?

Mr. House
    Participant

26. Oppressed people are really quick to practice their own form of oppression once they become the “in” crowd.

Mr. House
    Participant

27. History repeats and nothing is truly ever learned.

Mr. House
    Participant

28. If people aren’t scared enough or listening to you enough, show bodybags (filled with who knows what) being buried in central park.

Mr. House
    Participant

Last one i promise
    29. People our their own and others prison

Mr. House
    Participant

30. The virus may have been here last fall, but we’ll memory hole that because if it was it jeopardizes the narrative we’ve created to get to our nefarious ends.

Huskynut
    Participant

Ah, those pesky decimal points, and order-of-magnitude errors, eh?

Well, thank G_d the experts have found their maths error is all I can say. Now we get back to credulously echoing and amplifying their solemn pronouncements, rather than engaging wholeheartedly the evidence of our senses and the logic of our own brains.

How could anyone have guessed the projections were wrong? Oh wait – everyone who observed that reality wasn’t remotely tracking the modelling and didn’t ascribe that to the magical efficacy of lockdowns. Lockdowns which – as has been posted here before – do not remotely correlate to Covid outcomes when modelled by scientists who, y’know, post their maths workings for external critique.

Still, no harm no foul, right? Oh, apart from the trillions of dollars and millions of jobs lost. And the deferred medical care, trashed civil liberties and fear-saturated populace…

“Resistance is Futile” shouted the Vogon guard..

“Assange never would or could identify a source. Apart from other considerations, it would be the end of WikiLeaks.”
    But what if they pretended he did? What if they already know what he could reveal, and they reveal it, and say he had revealed it to them? They would ruin him and Wikileaks. And we would be left to just study what they did.
    Dr. D keeps telling us they lie. I say stop trusting those liars and realize that what they are willing to do can sink as deep as the fall they are facing if they are found out.

Timing is everything.

zerosum
    Participant

How much money could Assange get when he is found innocent, and for unlawful confinement?
    Enough for all his lawyers to retire.

Dr. D
    Participant

At last someone who talks longer than I do.

“TikTok and WeChat:” Yes, but these are the parents who applauded their children being trafficked by Epstein, Weinstein, and NXXUM for 30 years, so OBVIOUSLY they will not care about their children with TikTok. Or China. Or phone use. Or eating healthy… If my kids are killed/disabled/maimed/failures, it gives mommy victim drama points. Wish I were kidding.

They keep missing the point: If Assange is extradicted on the world’s worse legal premise, 1) he MUST speak in a trial, on record, all that he wants. 2) If he repeats what he has said so far, it will exonerate Trump and bury RussiaRussiaRussia. Sad, but if that’s the truth… 3) if he is found innocent because they have no legal case of merit, never have, and have decades or centuries of precedent to prove it then a) Assange goes free b) free speech is upheld for another 50 years c) suppression as attempted is rolled back d) other nations stop trying this crap e) he counter-sues and funds Wikileaks for 100 years.

So WHY would you think the point isn’t to extradite him and LOSE again? That’s the most likely outcome even if it DIDN’T win everything Cheeto wants.

Dr. D
    Participant

Oh and P.S. IF his source has been murdered by MS-13, on police body cam, where the mayor of that city suddenly visited his hospital at 3am, THEN Assange would not need to protect his source, assuming other strategies and factors, such as the family approving, feeling among other potential leakers, etc.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Kendrick makes a good point, though it bears pointing out that the number of cases continues to rise in the US. I think there’s a very obvious explanation for that. The US, especially the hard-hit southeast, has a disproportionate number of poor people with co-morbidities than countries such as France and Sweden. And everything about the way our ueber-plutocratic society is set up makes us a lot less well-equipped to deal with a pandemic than countries such as France and Sweden.

I do think local lockdowns are justified when the hospital-system of a city is in danger of being overwhelmed. Yes, lockdowns have severe consequences of their own, but in that situation, it’s a lot like applying a tourniquet to a severely wounded limb. It certainly is dangerous to cut off circulation, but it’s even more dangerous not to take measures to stanch the bleeding. The sad thing is, we wouldn’t have so very much bleeding if we weren’t such a hopelessly dysfunctional society on so many levels!

I will believe it’s “over” for the US when our death-rate starts seriously dropping. Right now, it doesn’t even seem to be slowing down.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.