Debt Rattle September 2 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 2 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Salvador Dali Portrait of Picasso 1947   • Is The US Economic Boom Beginning To Fizzle Out? (Coppola) • Former Eurogroup Head Dijsselbloem Says D
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 2 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Dali is an inside joke with Picasso; I do not get it…

The world is a very unhealthy place to be; take extra care to protect yourself from external attempts to penetrate your reality in negative ways.
    Be strong by remaining vulnerable…

Archie
    Participant

Khun Arnold,

I don’t get it either but I know if we did then we would be as f@%ked up as Dali . That is one wierd dude but I still enjoy looking at his work.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Archie
    Likewise, I enjoy his work/art.

E. Swanson
    Participant

Here’s an interesting piece from the NYT for all those old Oil Drum folks out there:

The Next Financial Crisis Lurks Underground

V. Arnold
    Participant

E. Swanson
    Interesting read.
    So, they’re still rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic…

Nassim
    Participant

The Guardian is a great source for unbiased news about climate and the arctic </sarc>

Here are a couple of very recent stories by people who evidently read that piece of yellow journalism.

Another “Ship of Fools” gets grounded in Arctic ice, needs rescue (27 August 2018) This ship is called “An Inconvenient Truth”

Arctic ice claims another ship – this time with a sinking (30 August 2018)

I strongly recommend https://off-guardian.org/ for some interestingly critical of the Guardian by some of its own readers. 🙂

E. Swanson
    Participant

Nassim, glad to see that you are still spreading denialist disinformation. Your two links are to Tony Watts site, the first giving sea-ice data without accurate commentary. The last graph on the first link is for extent, about which Watts wrote: “Extent remains “a bit below normal”. Even a student with a basic education in statistics understands the meaning of “mean +/- 2 stddev”, which is the grey area of the curve. That the extent is outside the 2 sigma boundary, perhaps exceeding 3 sigma, represents a major reduction compared to the base period of 1981-2000.

The facts are that Arctic sea-ice continues to exhibit a significant loss in area. Too bad that Watts can’t figure that out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.