Debt Rattle September 5 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 5 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

John Guttman 1st drive-in theater in California, Los Angeles 1935   • Russia’s COVID19 Vaccine Showed Antibody Response In Initial Trials (R.) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 5 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

John Guttman 1st drive-in theater in California, Los Angeles 1935

My favorite place to; get drunk, make-out, get stoned to the max, etc., etc.,
    Teenage dream come true…

oxymoron
    Participant

I’ve Kunstler a little brittle and maybe a little ‘off’ recently but this piece is back to his brilliant best. Loved it and thanks so much for sharing. Biden’s “end of quote’ was exhilarating. To see such a lack of interest in the subject matter when the subject matter is within the context of an American Presidency was amazing. The USA is at quite the juncture.

Those New York restaurant numbers mirror Melbourne’s. The thing is a lot of people lose jobs, alot of people lose their business but also alot of people lose the house they used as collateral to finance the business. So many people are taking a hit right now it is crazy.

sumac.carol
    Participant

What an amazing read this morning.
    I think the piece by David Graeber explains some of the anger expressed here against administrators – while necessary there are way too many of them. There seem to be different flavours of work, some useful, some not, some well-paid, some not paid at all, and no correlation between usefulness/benefit and remuneration. I like Illich’s discussion of shadow work– stuff that needs to be done but is not remunerated.

1958 and they already knew about climate change. Wow, only took almost half a century to get accepted.

sumac.carol
    Participant

When we lose the giants, they leave a big hole, don’t they. So sad.

zerosum
    Participant

Less talk, more action

Cut expenses
    Fire more people
    Live within your income not your credit limit
    Reduce travel expenses

• Nearly Two-Thirds Of New York Restaurants Could Close By Year’s End (JTN)

falling tax revenues
    Tax the rich home owners by Increasing real estate value
    Tax the educated elites doing “bullshit jobs.”

Where will you find reality?

In a downtrodden homeless, poor and hungry lalaland
    apprenticeship
    mentorship
    gig economy
    shadow work
    street corner
    tent cities
    RV cities
    subsidized housing

Susmarie108
    Participant

A debt fueled consumer orgy (pulling demand from the future to the present), the bubble blowing in real estate (an asset for extracting unreal cash gains), the creation of pointless jobs (insurance/healthcare), the inflation of salaries (with no connection to outcome – no additional value or benefit created/contributed), and easy credit (check out the parking lots outside any major retail outlet and notice how everyone drives a new car!) – all conspired to generate a massively fragile phantom economy. What wasn’t overbuilt and or overbought? Now we pay the price for an unwinding across EVERY front.

Eating at home is good for us in so many ways.

Enjoyed every moment of the @realronburgundy movie. Will Ferrell is a funny man!

John Day
    Participant

Dr. Marc sent me this scientific article, a comparative case series study where 2/3 of the patients admitted to a Spanish hospital this spring got vitamin-D and 1/3 did not. All got hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. They were not classified by BMI and did not have vitamin-D levels tested at all. (They got 25OH-vitamin-D3, calcifediol, but other forms are roughly interchangeable , as discussed in detail.)
    How’d they do?

Seventy-six patients (45 men (59%) and 31 women) were enrolled in the study and randomized: 26 without calcifediol treatment, 50 with calcifediol treatment (Fig. 1). Mean age was 53 ± 10 (mean ± SD) years, being 54 ± 9 years for men and 51 ± 11 years for women. There was no significant gender difference in age between patients in each group (p = 0.09)…

At baseline, there was no significant difference in number of subjects with at least one risk factor. Patients assigned to calcifediol were slightly (not significantly) older, whereas the control group had a higher percentage of hypertension (Table 2).

Among 26 patients not treated with calcifediol, thirteen required ICU admission (50%), while out of fifty patients treated with calcifediol only one required admission to the ICU, whereas the other patients remained in conventional hospitalization…

Of the patients treated with calcifediol, none died, and all were discharged, without complications. The 13 patients not treated with calcifediol, who were not admitted to the ICU, were discharged. Of the 13 patients admitted to the ICU, two died and the remaining 11 were discharged.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960076020302764?via%3Dihub

Again, Medcram keeps up with the whole picture, but there’s a lot of information by now. Each lecture is adequately self-contained:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Medcram+COVID-19+updates&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiqzJmFoNLrAhUFXK0KHS2uBEkQ_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1304&bih=665

Ilargi- I have no idea. When I do as instructed (highlight text, hit link, copy url, etc), the link shows up in html, and the post won’t post. I can’t even put in the spelled out name of the url- the post won’t post. I am amazed that I am the only person in my crowd that posts at all or I would seek help. (I can’t do italics or bold, either.)

Oh! Bold worked! But I tried linking a word to this site and it wouldn’t work. But definitely this is a step in the right direction.

I haven’t read today’s yet, and I am off to the pontoon- summer is fading quickly and I have to get som vitamin D. Later.
    Oh, and the video I reference yesterday was liberal, white America’s worst nightmare. Trevor Noah once suggested the second amendment would be amended right quick if this happened.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Bill Clinton in that video looks like he’s thinking, “Just STFU, nobody cares!”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.