Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Roger Viollet Great Paris Flood, Avenue Daumesnil 1910   • Fed Fears New Record High Credit Bubble – Danielle DiMartino Booth (USAW) • Global Deb
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Thanksgiving 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

War production? Whoa! Coming from Pres. Putin; that’s worth paying attention to.
    But then mad dog Mattis believes the U.S. has some legal standing in Syria? WTF!!!
    And the U.S. is going to stay? Sorry; another WTF?
    No wonder Vlad is going to a war footing.
    It appears the U.S. is going to force this; gods help us; Russia (Putin) will not back down; that; one can take to the bank.
    Russia’s present deployment of S-400’s cover 99% of Syrian territory (if not 100%).
    Time for a no fly zone?
    Are Russia, China, and Iran the only rational (sane) led countries on this small planet?
    It increasingly seems so…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    Fantastic link; another spot on article by Tom Luongo, thanks for that.
    He definitely seems to be on top of this.

“Whatever happens after this – framework for long-term peace or an uneasy ceasefire with Russia playing the go-between for the time being – the U.S. has lost all credibility in the region outside of Riyadh and Tel Aviv.” Tom Luongo

The question remains; what will the wackos in the US do?
    Russia is definitely NOT the problem; North Korea is not the problem; Iran is not the problem; Israel, NATO, and the U.S. are in very large part the problem; especially the US.
    I guess, buckle up and hope for the best…
    I’m not sure the U.S. is controllable with out brute force used against it; let’s hope I’m wrong…
    I was born in ’45; so duck and cover has not been forgotten…

I guess my point is; that even losing all credibility (the U.S.) it won’t be a certainty the U.S. will back off.
    Strong ego’s and illusions of omnipitent power are not easily discouraged; Napoleon complex?

olo530
    Participant

V. Arnold, what makes you think that Syria has enough S-400’s to cover its entire territory? Remember that 59 Tomahawk missile strike on Shayrat airbase? 23 hit the target, 36 got lost and nobody claimed that Syrians intercepted them. It looks like Russians are there for a military exercise – how else do you explain launching ballistic missiles from the Caspian Sea to hit some ISIS Toyota Landcruisers? Fair enough, you want to get better at something – you need to practice. So Americans gave them something a little more challenging than pickup trucks to practice with. Turns out Tomahawks are ridiculously unreliable, but Russians still can’t intercept them. There is no shame in going against the best and losing, but you make it sound like it’s a done deal that Russia can close Syrian airspace. Last time they couldn’t protect an airbase. How are they going to protect bridges, tunnels, ports, power plants, factories?

V. Arnold
    Participant

The range of the S-400; up to 400 kilometers radius. They’re somewhat centrally placed just in from the coast. I think they’re installed at two bases.
    As to the Tomahawks, they are difficult to kill from the ground only in mountainous terrain. Russia’s Pantsir S-1 system is specifically designed for just that situation. It’s part of Russia’s integrated AA system. Tomahawks are easy to kill from the air anywhere.
    The last I heard Russia now has airborne radar flying over Syria.

Nassim
    Participant

olo530,

It seems that you have been misled by the media. I think this analysis is closer to reality:

A multi-level analysis of the US cruise missile attack on Syria and its consequences

olo530
    Participant

The Saker is very knowledgeable, but his analysis is always coloured by his bias. He would rather believe in magic direct energy beams than incompetence. Looking at how often the US Navi runs into civilian ships I think incompetence is more plausible.

V. Arnold
    Participant

olo530
    I would strongly suggest you do some research on electronic jamming with very powerful directed energy.
    Not magical at all; just sound physics and advanced electronics; and there are reliable reports Russia is far ahead of the U.S. in this field.
    As far as the Saker goes; he’s pretty damn good/credible, but, as with all media; judicially cross-check.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.