el G, your brethren suck.

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Open Comments el G, your brethren suck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FrankRichards
    Participant

We have lambs on the ground, two of them born today.

There were 5 gallinatzo circling, not to mention a couple of ravens and the odd hawk checking in.

Feeding 6 dogs is actually kind of expensive. If you could talk your brethren into landing, mama sheep would break some ribs and the dogs would save us some kibble. ‘kay?

What are people going to feed their dogs with after a collapse, anyway? There’s going to be a need for working dogs for those who own livestock, for protection against predators if nothing else. If you just have five or six goats to milk, you won’t be slaughtering enough goats for makin’ Jamaican curry to generate an adequate year-round supply of dogfood scraps. I can’t see curing or canning the bits that humans won’t eat just so I’d have dog food next month. So how do people in subsistence cultures keep their dogs operating? Buzzards and rats?

Dogs are a big part of the Inuit survival paradigm, obviously.

If there is enough Game around the dogs help you run down the game and then help transport it. Overall they work better for this than having more People to do similar tasks.

In a world without Guns, one would expect 2 people with a dozen well trained Dogs would have a survival advantage over a half dozen people with no dogs. The dogs can pick off their kids for food. Kids are Dog Chow in such a situation.

RE

Nassim
    Participant

[i}Munch and Frie are not your average one-year-olds. For a start, they’re three-foot-tall, covered in hair and named after packets of crisps. Munch (as in ‘Monster’) and Frie (as in ‘French’), two miniature Shetland ponies, are the newest arrivals at the Blue Cross Equine Rehabilitation Centre in Burford, Oxfordshire.

Two months ago, they were found belly-deep in a muddy back garden in Buckinghamshire, left to fend for themselves in the bitter winter weather. Malnourished, their manes matted and overrun by lice, the pair were afraid of human contact and on the verge of collapse when they were rescued from their filthy surroundings. [/i]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/features/9175542/A-home-for-abandoned-horses.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.