Julian Assange and the Conservative Press

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Julian Assange and the Conservative Press

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van RIjn A Woman Standing with a Candle c.1631     To be honest, I didn’t think it would ever happen, even though it’s been so obv
    [See the full post at: Julian Assange and the Conservative Press]

zerosum
    Participant

“look much more deeply into the role Julian Assange has played in the whole story, especially over the past few years.”
    MY OPINION:
    WE ARE LITTLE FISHES IN A BIG POND

With TAE we have been informed of all the lies that we have been living.
    Just because we know, does not make it possible for us to go against all of those rich and powerful people and change the course of history.
    We do not have the power of C19.

Dimitri
    Participant

“ Naomi Klein and Glenn Greenwald discuss WikiLeaks, the privacy implications of the Podesta archive, and the ethics of reporting on hacked emails.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/19/is-disclosure-of-podestas-emails-a-step-too-far-a-conversation-with-naomi-klein/

VietnamVet
    Participant

What muddles the water is that the rulers and managers consistently try to hide the current organization of the economic and political world that does one thing – it makes them richer. This is Joe Biden’s world hegemony that has been in place since the Reagan Thatcher counter-revolt and the fall of the USSR. The Clintons, Bushes and Obamas all hug together. They, the media moguls and the intelligence community are all on the same team. It is the wealthy corporate superstructure built over third rate former democratic governments. But, since the disastrous handling of the Coronavirus Pandemic, the global Empire is no more. Americans are quarantined. Overseers cannot fly off and rule over their properties.

The second older structure is the 1848 North American Empire since the Annexation of Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico. This is what Donald Trump rules over very badly. All of the West Coast and the State of Oregon, in particular, is a disaster zone with over 100 days of riots, unprecedented town destroying infernos and a deadly pandemic.

Joe Biden will try to restore the global empire and will fail. Donald Trump will continue to try to rule the 1848 Empire and will fail. Violence and Succession are inevitable.

The only way out for Americans is the restoration of the 1787 Constitution, enforcing the rule of law for all, and the return of the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

A from OZ
    Participant

There is one other highly important thing to note.

Julian Assange is being gagged by his own “team”.

Way back in March 2018 his internet was cut off and his Twitter account taken over, Initially, that was done by Ecuador but since then we have not heard a single direct word from him despite many, many visits from the “inner circle” to him in both the embassy and Belmarsh prison. All we ever get is second-hand bland bromides in the abstract about “press freedom”.

He is NOT being gagged by the UK government, the prison system or the Courts. He is only on remand (not applying for Bail and not then exercising his legal right to appeal a refusal is another story I’ve gone into here before). He has the right to speak, and from pre-March 2018 it is well established that he always has a lot to say about everything. The only people keeping him gagged are the tight circle surrounding him.

Other “supporters” have a viscerally negative knee-jerk reaction to these facts and refuse to even consider that this could be true. The best they usually can do is to make speculative excuses (such as: ‘Well maybe that’s for his own good, maybe the lawyers advised it…’ maybe, maybe, maybe – let’s hear it from the man himself.)

PS – I’m a lawyer and there is no legal or strategic reason for a total gag on Assange. My fear is that the “inner circle” are actually selling him out.

zerosum
    Participant

A from OZ
    In other words, its possible
    everyone has a price.

Oz- I suspect almost anyone can be threatened, including Assange’s team (or has a price, as zerosum says). And while it is true that they hold his plight over any investigative reporter’s or whistleblower’s head, and make us suspicious of people who are “allowed” to still expose the rot in governments, I have to think that the most important reason he is still alive, and still tortured, is because he has not divulged his “kill switch” code. They want what he has in his files.

The more this drags on, the more those who are paying attention realize how desperate the diktocrats are. The dirt must be very dirty, and they are clearly terrified of its exposure. That is a weakness on their part.

Assange is a remarkable man.

“Kill switch” can probably be replaced by a better word- the files would dump, not disappear.
    Assange is nearing true sainthood. That, too, terrifies them.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@AfromOZ: interesting insight. Julian Assange is a brilliant man, perhaps silence is an intentional tactic that he and his team are implementing?

@Raul Ilargi: The Greenwald interview with TC was an interesting development! I consider Glenn Greenwald to be a true journalist and am forever grateful for his REVELATIONS across the economic, march to war, and corruption fronts – including the Manning and Snowden reporting (a visit to The Intercept_ is a daily ritual). Not sure that TC or FOX has the guts to stay on course to develop this story to its full potential. You suggest an opportunity for co-operation and collaboration between the “sides” over the Assange saga; perhaps Tulsi could bring the other side to the party? President Trump might win over a new segment of supporters + tick off a few enemies with an Assange pardon (why stop there…Snowden and Manning too). Is that enough to motivate the President to act?

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Okay, this is very tangential, but what I find weird about all the Russia hysteria is that to listen to it, you would think that the current Russian state is worse than the one that existed forty years ago at this time, when clearly and obviously the reverse is true. Though I suppose you could argue that the same Russian Deep State that was behind the previous one simply discarded an ideology that wasn’t working anymore (if it ever really did) in favor of something more modern and functional. I would certainly be hard-pressed to call the Russian Federation a real republic, but then again, the same thing could be said about the USA.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.