Marine Le Pen Will Reap What The EU Has Sown

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Marine Le Pen Will Reap What The EU Has Sown

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange White Angel Breadline San Francisco 1933 Many people are cheering now that yesterday Marine Le Pen and her Front National (FN) party di
    [See the full post at: Marine Le Pen Will Reap What The EU Has Sown]

Nassim
    Participant

Here is what is really going on in Syria:

“The Western Press doesn’t have much to say about the military operations in Syria, except to affirm, without the slightest proof, that the Coalition is successfully bombing Daesh jihadists while the Russians continue to kill innocent civilians. It is in fact difficult to form a reasonable idea of the current situation, particularly since each side is readying its weapons in preparation for a wider conflict. Thierry Meyssan describes what is going on.”

https://www.voltairenet.org/article189631.html

It seems that American pilots are finally beginning to leak the truth about their “war against ISIS”

“A story leaked out of Washington credits Senator John McCain, empowered by America’s corrupt congress to oversee Pentagon programs, with derailing the Obama administration’s “coalition bombing campaign” in Syria and Iraq. McCain and key right wing extremists, working in concert with Turkish, Israeli and Saudi intelligence, have placed a “political shield” over terrorist targets in Iraq and Syria, something that has frustrated American pilots, silenced by the threat of imprisonment or worse.”

https://journal-neo.org/2015/12/14/how-john-mccain-crippled-obama-s-war-on-isis/

wrighttracks
    Participant

I closely read what you have said and find it passionate and well informed. However, sitting over here in the states it is difficult for me to understand just what the hell is actually going to happen in Europe. Syria is in severe overshoot and hit by drought, not to mention gun totting troops and planes from all over the world. As pointed out in Limits to Growth and Caton’s, Overshoot, when the situation becomes dire, people migrate. So far only 4-5 million have left the country of some 25 million. They all would like to go to Europe, and one can not blame them. However, Europe is also “filled” and probably facing a deflationary recession (may be there already). Why would they want to take more people? Are they not sovereign nations? To top it off, the middle east is a powder keg filled with countries in overshoot, Egypt being the most obvious. What happens when they want to migrate? Offer me a solution rather than just being critical of the EU and member states. This is a mess beyond imagination, one that can only get ugly (Le Pen and many more of that ilk). What would you do if you were king?

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Again, they were feeding the 25 million without much trouble before now. What changed? Not overshoot. I wager if you leveled the entire infrastructure of even sparse countries like Canada or Australia, you would find that it has nothing whatsoever to do with population, unless they were Bedouin or !Kung. Humans build infrastructure. That’s what they do, at any level of development. If you annihilate that supporting infrastructure, the population dies. That’s true if you’re on a space station and cut the air scrubber, or if you’re a 13th century Hopi and destroy the wells and the corn cache.

So what’s the real problem here? The population expanding as the inevitable process of nature? Or a few hundred trigger-happy interventionists bombing everything in that could support life within a 5-nation region? You can guess my answer.

This is relevant because the discussion shifts from how humans are a scourge and it’s an inevitable consequence–a public service really–to kill millions of your fellow man, to pointing out how a few rogue elements have intentionally murdered and displaced a few million lives, and destroyed billions more with the cost of war. We don’t know what the earth and nearby planets can support, because so far no one’s tried anything but war. There are $2Trillion missing from the Pentagon budget alone–and that’s only the admitted. There was $23 Trillion doled out in the pan-TARP bailouts alone–and that’s only the admitted. Even the $700B original TARP would have paid off every mortgage in the U.S. You think maybe we could solve some human-scale problems of building a few flats with allotments for that money?

All I’m saying is maybe we should try something before we resign ourselves to planetary warfare and the internecine fighting of a hundred million families. Deal?

I don’t want to be king. And there are plenty reasons to keep hammering on the inherent failures of the EU et al. Why that should come with a ready-made solution I don’t understand.

Still, to prevent chaos, mayhem and warfare in Europe, first of all the EU must be abandoned and dismantled. But there’s so much interest vested in it, that won’t happen in time.

Instead of a solution, I have earlier written of an approach: put the people first. Don’t let a single refugee child drown if you can prevent it. The best hope we have is human decency and the value of human life. If we can’t do that, we can rest assured there won’t be solution.

Hotrod
    Participant

Raul,

You have no need to provide a solution. It is enough to be a visionary who has an excellent track record.
    Unfortunately, you are correct, people who are filled with fear will turn to right wing authoritarians when the collapse comes. A few percentage points shift is all that is needed in many countries.

wrighttracks
    Participant

Overshoot is part of the issue. While it is true Diablo, the infrastructure has been destroyed, maintaining it and rebuilding it cost energy and money. Syria’s population was growing at 2.6% a year, or doubling every 35 years. I suspect the country does not have the wealth to actually accommodate that many people in a comfortable way any more than Egypt does. Each country is a space station in a certain sense, the resources run out and the people die—or they migrate.

Yes, there are rouge elements adding to the problem but drought and the movement of folks from the rural areas to cities created an unstable condition, one that could easily foster disruption and civil wars. This, I am afraid, is now a never ending problem one that Europe will not be able to solve.

It is also true the amount of money squandered doing obviously very stupid things is unimaginable. That I can not argue. Using that money wisely certainly would have helped. The world’s wealth is shrinking and the ability to maintain the unmaintainable is becoming obvious.

Raul: I understand your compassion and the tragedy we see every day is unexceptionable. The EU well may dismantle but that will only make matters worse because borders will be closed, and I don’t think some countries will do it nicely. Also many of the countries there are suffering badly now, more migrants only make their lives worse. I now suspect there are no solutions where everything turns out well. There simply are not enough resources to take care of every one. Unfortunately, as you have noted before, energy supplies will one day decline, if not already happening, and then these issue become compounded. The people of Greece are already cutting down their forests for heating—they can’t afford fuel.

I do believe you are insightful and I enjoy this presentation but there is a certain reality here, in Europe and really the world, that is beginning to become unsettling. Nicole, and I have heard and talked to her, has gone over this unfolding tragedy many, many times. This is part of the unraveling. The most unstable will be victimized first. My thoughts are with you and I know your feelings are correct. Stay strong.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.