Productivity and Debt

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Productivity and Debt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

William Blake Europe Supported by Africa and America 1796   Earlier this week I was struck by the similarities and differences between two graphs
    [See the full post at: Productivity and Debt]

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Rich (the top 0.01%?) people cannot fathom that they aren’t wealth creators. So, they look at a rising stock market as a measure of wealth instead. Ultimately, a wealth creator has to provide the energy of a barrel of oil or million BTU of natural gas for less energy input than at present. Under that standard, almost no one is a wealth creator; we’re all takers.

John Day
    Participant

Grow your own vegetables and cut out the financiers… Be an Agrarian-Freeman.
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2016/07/liberty-garden-central-texas-climate.html

rapier
    Participant

With every reference to ‘Tyler Durden’, not one person but a collection of persons and thus Zero Hedge, Automatic Earth goes down the drain, or maybe goes around the bend a better phrase. Unwittingly, I hope, a fellow traveler with the rising neo fascism of this time.

Charlie Hall sent me a mail questioning my omission of energy factors (biophysical elements, in his words) in the productivity discussion. Charlie’s right (as usual), of course they would have to be part of a broader discussion, but I wanted to stick with the two graphs as the main ingredients of the story.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Disagree. Who were you going to use as a source, CNN and MSNBC? There are now websites dedicated to listing the official daily retractions of major news sources. There’s so much lying and failure to source-check that even the weather sources are posting official retractions now. I’m sorry they can’t do their job and threw us in the soup but there you are.

John Day
    Participant

@Rapier,
    Ilargi often used to refer to “the Tyler Durdens”.
    Nobody really knows who Tyler Durden is. It’s cool, not embarrassing…

rapier
    Participant

Zero Hedge has an odd editorial style. It seems to be and almost is this; whatever it is, I’m against it.

It used to be against mostly the mechanisms of the financial markets and endless liquidity, often. Then it was more and more and more against Obama using sources from the huge Conservative media industry. Every crazy thing that could get thrown on the wall from the birth certificate to 7000 posts about Bengazi.

Well ZH is always for 2 things. Friedrich Hayek, the father and mother of neoliberalism and Ron Paul, the former congressmen, quasi libertarian neo confederate from Texas.

Now the article featured here is not offensive on the propoganda from the right basis and I suppose is due some consideration. Except, strangely, talking about productivity and GDP is to immerse oneself dead in the middle of Economics, big E. It’s a mugs game, Why IM went there I have no clue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.