Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 2

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hannah Höch Cut with the Dada Kitchen Knife through the Last Weimar Beer-Belly Cultural Epoch in Germany 1919     Ilargi: This is part 2 of
    [See the full post at: Quantum, Jazz and Dada – 2]

zerosum
    Participant

Alexander Aston is using a different approach to try to understand and to explain life

It is through redesigning our developmental environments for dynamic equilibrium that the next system will coevolve with the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life
    Life is a characteristic that distinguishes physical entities that have biological processes, such as signaling and self-sustaining processes, from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (they have died), or because they never had such functions and are classified as inanimate. Various forms of life exist, such as plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea, and bacteria. The criteria can at times be ambiguous and may or may not define viruses, viroids, or potential synthetic life as “living”. Biology is the science concerned with the study of life.

The definition of life is controversial. The current definition is that organisms are open systems that maintain homeostasis, are composed of cells, have a life cycle, undergo metabolism, can grow, adapt to their environment, respond to stimuli, reproduce and evolve.

To survive, all life must prey and consume other forms of life.
    To put it another way, all living things are cannibals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

The rate of cannibalism increases in nutritionally poor environments as individuals turn to other conspecific individuals as an additional food source.[3] Cannibalism regulates population numbers, whereby resources such as food, shelter and territory become more readily available with the decrease of potential competition.

I’m waiting for part #3 that will explain “….the next system will coevolve with the planet….” and will not be dependent on canibalism

Glennda
    Participant

Basic academic babble, I hope the 3rd part has some substance to it.

V. Arnold
    Participant

In other words, the presence of life reshapes and changes the conditions in which it arose, forcing it to continually adapt to its own presence. In a sense, evolution is the dynamic continuity of an organism transforming and mutating in the changing currents of energy over the course of billions of years.

I find that true, to my experience and understanding.
    I further agree with his description of energy as not a “thing/object” but rather a process.
    The Dharma deals with that very effectively.

It allows us to understand ourselves as caught up in complex predicaments, as opposed to merely complicated problems. Industrial societies have made this reality abundantly clear through the incomprehensibly vast changes they have wrought in their environments. Should humanity succeed, it will still be centuries before we will have ameliorated the damage to our global ecosystems. However, in creating stable feedback between environments, communities, institutions and technologies as part of an interdependent system, we can begin the process of such a recovery. It is through redesigning our developmental environments for dynamic equilibrium that the next system will coevolve with the planet.

Here Aston explores possible solutions to our self destructive natures.
    But, I feel it is those very natures we’ll fail to overcome; individually possible, but not as the collective, IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.