The ‘End of Dreams’, and the Saving of Appearances

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The ‘End of Dreams’, and the Saving of Appearances

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Zao Wu-Ki The red sun 1950   Once again, to my delight, we’re back with former British diplomat and MI6 ‘ranking figure’ Alastair Crooke and his
    [See the full post at: The ‘End of Dreams’, and the Saving of Appearances]

zerosum
    Participant

“Of course there are alternatives.  But will they arrive in time?  Perhaps the existing paradigms are destined to endure a while yet …”

There is no austerity for you if you benefit from QE or if your credit card still works.

“Where do we go from here?  A continuation of the existing financial paradigm is what everyone believes; what everyone expects (wants) – and is what we likely will get.”

“To put that in numbers, there’s a current shortfall of $18,176 between the standard of living and real disposable incomes. In other words, no matter how much people are borrowing, their standard of living is in decline.

Your standard of living in not declining if your credit card still works.

Made a mistake with the link to Ray Dalio’s article. Fixed.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Red Sun is sublime in its beauty…
    The End of Dreams is a great read; full of relevant (to me) material.

This really struck me: “And has the concomitant – globalist disembedding of humans from national culture, community and sovereignty, and the rise of the apolitical, neo-liberal, chameleon-identity ‘Self’, been in the general political and societal interest, too?”

That is dead on for a fact; I’ve seen it here for 15 years and the loss brings tears to my eyes. I think most Thai’s have no idea what their losing; when I first arrived here I made a point to attend every dance, shadow puppet show, 3-person puppet show, traditional opera, and Khon (Thai dance) performance I could. The Thai art style called Himmapan is georgeous and its mythical creatures can be seen throughout Thailand. Sigh…

anticlimactic
    Participant

Saudi Arabia and MbS

No-one seems to know what the outcome will be.

It can be regarded as a lesson to the global elites. If MbS does extract 800 billion dollars from the Saudi elites it will show that wealth and their owners can soon be parted!

Some of the princes are amongst Hillary Clinton’s strongest supporters and wealthiest benefactors, so Trump has a ‘win’.

Some people think that MbS will start trading oil in Yuan, removing the principle support of the dollar. Others believe that this is required so the ‘New World Order’ can replace it with the IMF SDR.

MbS has burned so many bridges that he has nothing to lose. To stay alive he can be as vicious as he wants.

While a war with Lebanon or Iran may not pan out the above would be enough to change the world.

Having read an overview of Hezbollah’s capabilities I can understand why Israel would not want to go to war with them.

A war with Iran could be a total disaster for the EU. If oil stopped flowing from the countries involved then EU countries could very quickly have catastrophic problems. The US is more self sufficient in oil so could squeak by. China is thought to have a stockpile of 600 million barrels of oil plus a good supply from Russia. I haven’t heard of any significant stockpile in the EU. How would it fare without Gulf oil for a month or more?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.