A High Chance of Meatballs

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum A High Chance of Meatballs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Edward Hopper Chair Car 1965     The situation in Ukraine is terribly, painfully simple. Russia has been winning since February 24, and Ukra
    [See the full post at: A High Chance of Meatballs]

Dr. D
    Participant

“America’s F-16C /D, [c. 1976] which is currently being withdrawn from service in the US Air Force and replaced by the F-35”

Great, that would leave us defenseless as the F35 can’t fly, can’t shoot, and can’t land.

“four to five tank brigades (each numbering 120-140 main battle tanks) equipped with M1 Abrams” …and all the supporting equipment, APCs, tank bridges, repair shops, tank towers, and all the parts. And also 2 years’ training on all the F16’s and Abrams.

That’s probably more tanks than we own here.

And Ukraine would sell them all to Russia for half off.

And the movie is great, charming, and worthwhile.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Raúl – Zelensky is willing to sacrifice the lives of ever more of his citizens -this now includes people up to 60 years old, and women (men can’t even leave their cities)
    ——————————

Hmmn, … yet, yet CBC – almost daily – airs interviews, on its main national TV network, with Ukrainian families that just arrived from Ukraine in Canada, that include men aged between 17 and 60.

Volunteers taking charge as Ukrainians arrive in the thousands
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/volunteers-ukrainians-arrive-ottawa-numbers-services-support-1.6480458

Anyway, there is also a “welcome wagon” vid for newly arriving Ukrainians from the federal government:

Information for Ukrainians coming to Canada
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures/settlement/welcome-canada.html

… fwiw,

F.S.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Great, that would leave us defenseless as the F35 can’t fly, can’t shoot, and can’t land.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Guess she didn’t like that. Then again, maybe all that testosterone spewing out her ears made her miss his comments entirely. Anyway, she’s back for the occasion. Jesus H. C., Lavrov’s spokeswoman is 10x as competent as Truss.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned…

VietnamVet
    Participant

The war propaganda on both sides will never admit that Russia and NATO are quite similar – both are oligarchies ruled by the wealthy who exploit other humans and the earth to get richer. Both Empires are fighting an industrial war of attrition but without full mobilizations, except for Ukraine. Like WWI, if the proxy world war lasts 3 to 4 years, it will end the same as a little over a century ago with worker revolutions and forced armistices imposed on the losing nations. That is if human beings avoid extinction in a nuclear war and also address climate change. Already there are historic heat domes in place over Europe and Texas. Next winter without natural gas and with electrical blackouts, the poor will die hungry in unheated dank rooms or outside if homeless.

The world is off-kilter just like Edward Hopper’s painting of the Chair Car 1965 with an impossible high square ceiling for a railroad car. The fraying apart is clear in my tiny sliver of suburbia; the bank temporary losing cleared withdrawals online, hyper aggressive drivers, packages undelivered, or mail not picked up.

Neal
    Participant

Yes, first thing I thought when seeing that picture was how high can a ceiling be.
    As for Zelinskys citizens; last I heard was that many are taking out Russian citizenship.
    As for Britain being a free country; I’m old enough to remember a tv series with Edward Woodward about Britain being a police state. At the time I thought the premise was silly. Guess I was silly as Britain is a police state with people imprisoned for posting “hurtful” memes, locked up for daring to not wear a mask and a Brazilian was executed on a train, police apologised as they meant to execute a different guy, but hey all foreigners look alike.
    Back then I would have fought against Godless evil Russia, today I would fight for that God fearing country against the West.

Kimo
    Participant

“Back then I would have fought against Godless evil Russia, today I would fight for that God fearing country against the West.”
    As I look amongst my unenlightened friends, I wonder how did we arrive here? [rhetorical|
    Thank you for your thoughts, Neal.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Great Re-set seems largely among personal relationships; the accurately informed and the majority ill/mis-informed…

Noirette
    Participant

It is a proxy war, Russia against the US (+ the poodle ‘collective’ West), being fought on Ukr. ground.

Neither the US or any, to hark back to outdated expressions, ‘coalition of the willing’ can face off against Russia.

So arms, money, more mega sums, ‘training’ (useless, taking place in GB for ex.) are poured into the Ukr. pit to bolster attacks on Russia, not of course reaching into R itself, that would be suicidal, but against its troops outside the country, following the poking-the-bear move, to draw Russia out of its territory.

Much of the money goes to W Mega Corps, the MIC, etc. Bonanza for Big Corps, it is not used for ‘winning a war.’

Zelensky is not free to negotiate, he tried once (Istanbul process) but was quickly brought to order, by BoJo in first place, afaik.

Britannia ruling the waves no more, nor any desert or fertile ground, can JUST manage to attempt to influence one member of a corrupt puppet government, Z, via bribes, assurances, whatever.

Nobody cares about Ukr. and everyone knows it will be split into pieces, the only question is, who gets what?

citizenx
    Participant

The war propaganda on both sides will never admit that Russia and NATO are quite similar – both are oligarchies ruled by the wealthy who exploit other humans and the earth to get richer. Both Empires are fighting an industrial war of attrition

The bulk of propaganda I see comes from the very same folks that sent you to Nam, and lied about everything to you, and you continue their lies. Russia is a Nation, NATO is not. The US is an Empire in radical decline using NATO as its bitch. Russia is not an Empire.

Lawmakers want to increase the annual US military budget to $840 billion
    Record US defense spending approved

The US House of Representatives has authorized $840 billion in defense spending in 2023, boosting President Joe Biden’s proposed record military budget by $37 billion.

Tell me more about Oligarchs and Empires.

The fraying apart is clear in my tiny sliver of suburbia

Why did a bunch of gooks, er I mean AZOV Nazis, just jump the fence into your backyard throwing stones at your house, threatening you, killing your pets? All supported by Russians?

I don’t think you have a clear head about the real situation in Ukraine, about US and NATO instigating violence and chaos since 2013 and beyond. Care to comment about Syria and how RF saved Syria from destruction by the US Empire and its proxy head choppers? The US Empire/NATO used proxy head choppers in Syria just like it uses Nazi Ukes.

Nobody cares about Ukr. and everyone knows it will be split into pieces, the only question is, who gets what?

RF cares about UKR, cares about its Nazi problem, its corruption, its US funded bio weapon labs and its people. How’s Macron working out for you? Get your vax shots so you can go grocery shopping via Uber?

aspnaz
    Participant

Liz Truss the megalomaniac puppet front whore who always makes the decision to support the WEF agenda, everytime? That Liz Truss the decision maker?

How could such stupid mental defectives ever get into positions of power without the assistance of the WEF oligarchs. They must scour government wannabes looking for politically involved over-driven, over-ambitious, over-inferior, over-unscrupulous people who will do anything to be in the limelight and feel important.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.