A Life Wasted

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum A Life Wasted

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Brassaï Cat 1945   What’s happening to John McCain is tragic. It’s not something one should ever wish upon another human being. Nor is it decent,
    [See the full post at: A Life Wasted]

V. Arnold
    Participant

A very profound thread Ilargi; bravo.
    I will have to read it again to get the full meal deal; but what I got was pretty much right on…

Birdshak
    Participant

Joseph Campbell wrote, “And so every one of us shares the supreme ordeal–carries the cross of the redeemer–not in the bright moments of his tribe’s great victories, but in the silences of his personal despair.” From “The Hero With a Thousand Faces”. Be gentle with John McCain. He endured hardships I hope we never have to experience. What he learned reminds of the old Russian Joke: “Capitalism is about Man’s exploitation of Man. Communism is just the reverse.”

zerosum
    Participant

A Life Wasted

The title could easily be that of a book.
    I cannot count the ways.
    The impact of his actions were more than that of a butterfly.
    For every action there is a reaction.
    Time is a factor in a reaction which makes determining cause and effect a complex calculation.
    In our modern world A key stroke can be more effective than a bomb.
    The saying use to be, ” The pen is stronger than the sword”

Example:
    Still, you’re right: the real tragedy is not that John McCain wasted his own life. It’s that he helped destroy so many others.

Look at the volume of readers and comments of the following article.

http://www.wirepoints.com/chicago-feds-answer-for-illinois-pension-crisis-is-a-statewide-property-tax-wirepoints-original/
    May 12, 2018
    comments 54
    By: Mark Glennon*

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-12/audible-gasp-was-heard-when-chicago-fed-unveiled-its-solution-pension-problem
    An “Audible Gasp” Was Heard When The Chicago Fed Unveiled Its “Solution” To The Pension Problem
    5.5K shares
    May 14, 2018 3:45 AM

comments 668
    viewers 700,364
    ———-
    time line
    May 12, 2018
    to
    May 14, 2018 3:45 AM
    ———–
    A wave has started. Will it require the input of more energy?
    Maybe its a soliton. (look it up)

seychelles
    Participant

You are too kind, Ilargi. Power loves kind people; they maintain the status quo.

Enginer
    Participant

“Economic Consequences of War / Institute For Economics & Peace” http://www.economicsandpeace.org provides an interesting review of the direct effect on GDP from various wars. It seems that war makes lots of people lots of money even if they are not won.
    It is not clear how much of this $ reaches the upper 10% or 1% via our non-term limit Kleptocrats.

regionswork
    Participant

What exactly is the sin of John McCain that brought on this stoning?

nativewater9
    Participant

I forget who said it, but it was something like this: Citizen soldiers are not suited to doing the dirty work of empires. This work has to be done by professionals.
    The US went “professional”, i.e. mercenary after the end of the Vietnam war because by the end of the war, the citizen soldiers were revolting. They were no longer willing to do the dirty work of the empire.
    Officers were being fragged. Mutinous acts were becoming widespread. Drug use was commonplace. Soldiers became drug dealers while still in the service and stayed behind once their term was over to continue their trade.
    I am not even sure the US military is even willing to fight or is capable of fighting wars that require any kind of sacrifice given the questionable motives for fighting these wars. In any case, what are these wars? Bombardment and missile strikes on civilian targets, demolishing towns etc. followed by foot soldiers patrolling the flattened remains like beat cops in a bad neighborhood. There seems to be very little fighting of US soldiers vs. opposition soldiers.
    etc. etc. etc.
    Guys like McCain who lust after this sort of stuff don’t deserve our attention.

VietnamVet
    Participant

True and sad.

History has gone into the cone of silence. The past is avoided, less the wars and the exploitation of 80% of Americas end. The draftees of the Vietnam War are starting to pass on and the lessons learned from half a century ago forgotten.

The USA is into its 17th year of the forever war that will destroy the Empire. A new Westphalian multi-polar Peace is required now before the West crashes into bankruptcy or a nuclear war destroys the earth.

zerosum
    Participant

How many follower are needed to make changes?
    A wave has started. Will it require the input of more energy?
    Maybe its a soliton. (look it up)

Following
    Following
    Followers
    Followers
    23.1M

Following
    Following
    Followers
    Followers
    51.9M

Moments
    Moments

Nassim
    Participant

“What exactly is the sin of John McCain that brought on this stoning? ”

You should read a bit of his biography. This guy almost sank an aircraft carrier single-handed – and killed 134 sailors/airmen and wounded 161. McCain’s dad was a 4-star admiral in the USN and the whole investigation was a stitch-up – as is the Wikipedia article below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire

If you think the USN does not lie, check out how they sacrificed a ship to the Israelis – in the hope that its sinking would be blamed on the Egyptians and allow the US to intervene militarily in Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Also, let’s not forget the Gulf of Tonkin fake incident – which led to a great number of Americans, and many time more Vietnamese, to die.

Dr. D
    Participant

Vets were super mad at McCain and called him “Songbird” who wasn’t really tortured because he immediately cooperated with the enemy against his own troops. E.g. Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain Pretty in character for a guy who bought his way into being a pilot, then walked away from a reckless, goof-off, court-martial murder of all those guys on the carrier. I ain’t no Senator’s (Admiral’s) son.

McCain then used his position to suppress and make secret the truth about his time in Vietnam. Classy!
    However, some got out: https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-news-john-mccains-1969-tokyo-rose-propaganda-recording-released/

When he got back, he dumped the wife who had waited for him for a new trophy wife. Classy squared!
    This was in addition to a life of war-mongering, theft, and allegedly child trafficking and murder. Then he took all money raised for his campaign, didn’t spend it on the race, then funneled it to himself via a Clintonesque-charity that can’t seem to give money to causes.

His push to steal thousands of miles of land (and mineral/water rights) for the NATFA superhighway is what pushed radio personality Dave Hodges to action: he was going to destroy Dave’s new house and steal all the water in town.

Here’s when he met with ISIS in 2013, shaking hands with al-Baghdahi: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/6gjm99/will_mccain_mourn_the_loss_of_his_friend_abu_bakr/
    Who then of course killed thousands high on drugs from Saudi and arms from Libya, including killing children, rape slaves, and eating human hearts. Amazing! Is it natural, or is it John McCain?

Here’s taking money honestly raised and NOT using it on charity: https://yournewswire.com/mccain-institute-child-trafficking/ Rumor has it this is more than not spending money, like Oxfam, it’s a cover for pedophilia and child trafficking, but although suspicious and in character, I cannot find open proof.

And worst senator for children: https://thinkprogress.org/mccain-rated-as-americas-worst-senator-for-children-cd0438e4b764/ Straight up voting record.

This is just some of the most recent allegations that surfaced in public without digging or subpoena power. But you can judge for yourself. Wouldn’t shock me if he’s totally faking being sick at all in order to get out of trouble and retire to a beach in Thailand. If so, it would probably be the smallest fraud/crime he’s committed in the last 40 years.

Translation: not a fan of the McCain.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

“What exactly is the sin of John McCain that brought on this stoning? ”

The sin was a sin of omission. I do not really see it as a stoning, as much as a lament that he never became the man that he should have become. That’s true for us all, I suppose, to one degree or another. But McCain is not like you and me, because he craved power, and when he got it, he used it to kill, maim, and destroy without reservation, without restraint, and without boundary. He describes Putin as evil, but without decrying the plank in our own eye? He has nothing to say worth listening to, and I will not miss him.

palloy
    Participant

McCain knows that to maintain the US Empire, it has to bully the smaller countries into alignment with US interests. So he is locked in to being a hawk, no escape. Bolton and Pompeo the same. And they have convinced Trump, if he wasn’t already on board with the imperial plan. WW3 is inevitable under these circumstances. How can they extricate themselves from Korea merely to make peace with Kim’s piddling little country?! – they can’t, Empires don’t collapse gracefully.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.