DD Site Improvements

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Open Comments DD Site Improvements

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Just wanted to let everybody know Peter made some improvements to the DD Homepage.

There is now a Feature Video Widget on the Right Menu Bar. You also can access a Feed of all Recent Comments made on all topics in the Forum. The Link to that is also found on the Right Menu Bar, under “Useful Links”.

Right now there is a good debate going on in the Conspiracy Theories Forum about the rapidly expanding Fascist State called “Someone You Love: Coming to a Gulag Near You”

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org/forum/index.php?topic=148.0

RE

In addition to the Video Widget on the Blog Homepage, we have now added a Feature Videos page as well which will regularly feature News, Music and assorted pop culture stuff I like to dig up 🙂

Real good video up now on the Egyptian Gas Lines and Fuel Shortages which is a Must See if you haven’t seen it yet.

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org/blog/feature-videos/

RE

Yet another new feature on DD, our Newz Page!

On the Newz Page you can find stuff like the Member Quote of the Week and Liks to currently active discussion topics inside the Diner. I’ll also probably add some Blogosphere links in there as well.

Direct URL of the New DD Newz Page is

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org/blog/news/

RE

OK folks, in between exchanging Napalm with Ashvin and speculating on Climate Change variables with Triv, I have been doing some more Site Improvements over on DD.

I have changed the Redirect on the .com URL to bring you straight to the Newz Page, which now Features Automatic Earth as one of the Primary Information sources for people to visit. Ashvin’s “Scaling” article got the nod on this one.

You’ll also find links and excerpts from a couple of other real good Blogs on the Newz Page, Economic Undertow which Steve writes and Our Finite World which is Gail’s Blog. Plus of course Polling and Vid Widgets which I just love to play with also 🙂

To visit the Newz Page directly, go to
    https://www.doomsteaddiner.com

To visit the Blog directly, go to
    https://www.doomsteaddiner.org

You can of course navigate around to either one and the Forum once you go to either URL.

RE

sensato
    Participant

What’s with all this pimping of DD on TAE? If there’s content there, it should stand on its own.

Its called “plugging”. New blogs take a lot of promotion to get known.

New for today, I resurrected the Frostbite Falls Daily Rant 🙂

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org/forum/index.php?topic=160.0

RE

Karpatok
    Participant

You are a huge insensitive selfish, self centered, blow hard braggard with next to no respect for the existence of others. You fancy yourself as more intelligent than anybody else, yet filled with hostility and fantasies of violence[knife fights,gun slingers,billions dead and dying] and your strong impetus for disruption and picking fights,you really should disqualify yourself from attempting to enter an arena of temperate and civilized discourse where people of more than fifteen years of age are sincerely communicating and attempting to come to terms with the present realities in the world. Precisely because his is a tempered and controlled passion for justice, expressed with moderate emotion and reason, is Ashvin a good choice here. He has been very patient with you,but I for one wish you would leave TAE until you can truly act 54 in your appreciation of the reality of others.

Your opinion has been duly noted and filed.

RE

ben

Karpatok post=2134 wrote: You are a huge insensitive selfish, self centered, blow hard braggard with next to no respect for the existence of others. You fancy yourself as more intelligent than anybody else, yet filled with hostility and fantasies of violence[knife fights,gun slingers,billions dead and dying] and your strong impetus for disruption and picking fights,you really should disqualify yourself from attempting to enter an arena of temperate and civilized discourse where people of more than fifteen years of age are sincerely communicating and attempting to come to terms with the present realities in the world. Precisely because his is a tempered and controlled passion for justice, expressed with moderate emotion and reason, is Ashvin a good choice here. He has been very patient with you,but I for one wish you would leave TAE until you can truly act 54 in your appreciation of the reality of others.

RE refers to himself as a neo-darwinian primitivist. another way of putting this might be a max stirner anarcho-communist. stirner: “greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society.”

Gonzo is rewilding this joint. not the worst thing for it I don’t believe but it’s liable to infuriate. enjoy the insights while you can cause you know he’ll be gone soon after ilargi gets back. 🙂

Really? You think Ilargi will axe me? What’s the over-under? How many days do I get?

RE

ben

oh hell yeah. how long it takes depends on whether you remember to take that valium I sent you. if you do then the over/under is five days or 50 comments, whichever comes first. which is to say the over/under is 50 comments. if you don’t take the valium then i’m heading straight for the peanut gallery that first morning.

Come on, I’m not doing that bad. I’m back to Zero Karma! 😀

RE

Golden Oxen
    Participant

Just you wait till mommy and daddy get back and take your toy pistol away Mr Paladin. Your gunslinger days are almost over; why couldn’t you have just behaved? You are in very deep do do and have no one to blame but yourself.

ben

Reverse Engineer post=2170 wrote: Come on, I’m not doing that bad. I’m back to Zero Karma! 😀

RE

LOL homey. 😆

Your opinion has been duly noted and filed.

RE

ben

I managed to negotiate a reprieve. you’re welcome.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.