Debt Rattle April 16 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 16 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

James McNeill Whistler Arrangement in Pink, Red and Purple 1883-4   • US Stock Valuations Are At Multiyear Highs – And Multiyear Lows (MW) • Aust
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 16 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

All most (?) of us know about Whistler is the portrait of his mother; until Ilargi posts at least 2 (or is it 3) other of Whistler’s paintings.
    I love it, all of it.
    Art, all of it, is the ultimate expression/representation of a civilization/society.
    War is the antithisis of art and a civilization/society captured by war is tragic.
    Sun Tzu’s The Art of War is indeed art; we’re not even close.
    Barbarian best describes our (USA’s/west’s) present existence.

anticlimactic
    Participant

SYRIA

My real worry last week was that the attack on Syria would be massive and also targeting the Russians. One article suggests that it was Mattis who stopped it being just that. Had the Russians been forced to respond by, say, sinking US ships then I am sure it would have escalated to a final conclusion.

This is serious, and I feel sure it hasn’t ended. It is claimed the white helmets have supplied several canisters of chlorine gas to various terrorists so another incident can be arranged at any time. If Mattis gets sacked worry a lot!

There appears to have been no chlorine attack according to local medical staff. The Russians claim to have definite proof that the UK contacted the white helmets in advance of the ‘attack’ urging them to hurry up with their propaganda video.

Many wonder how the Germans during WWII could ignore what was going on in the death camps. Well western interference in the Middle East has now resulted in around two million deaths of mainly innocent people and few seem to care. It is exactly the same.

It will be interesting to see if Russia supplies S300 systems to the Syrian government. A suggestion which really upsets the Israelis! There are already two Russian freighters heading to Syria laden with tanks and other equipment.

The US forces in Syria are supposed to be fighting ISIS, but I can not remember any incident when they actually attacked them. One ‘attack on ISIS’ in a Syrian city meant destroying the local power station! In Mosul an ‘attack on ISIS’ was claimed as being carpet bombing the town. US bases in northern Syria peacefully co-exist with ISIS bases.

It appears that for the first time in ages a US regime change operation has been thwarted and some powerful people are incensed by the fact and will risk everything to stop it. I expect something bad to happen which will disrupt the football world cup.

zerosum
    Participant

“… disrupt the football world cup. “

The worst that can happen … We will see riots in the streets

zerosum
    Participant

Is this fake news?

233 Members of Congress Just Voted to Steal Social Security’s $2.9 Trillion Surplus

Fortunately for Social Security beneficiaries, the amendment did not attain the two-thirds majority required to pass the House. But those who voted for it are now on the record in support of stealing the American people’s earned Social Security benefits.”

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Ocean plastic clean-up, if you have the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.