Debt Rattle April 17 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 17 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DPC Times Square, New York Times building under construction 1903   • How Libor’s Surge Will Help Pop The Global Bubble (Colombo) • America First
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 17 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Stockman’s piece was on point; indeed, what could have been.
    I’d push that back by about 2,000 years, before we had the ability to disfigure our beautiful blue dot.
    Joni Mitchel nailed it;

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
    With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swinging hot spot
    Don’t it always seem to go
    That you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone?
    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

Dr. D
    Participant

I gotta call shenanigans on the air quality article. But: The Guardian. Say no more.

Okay, so you think 95% of the world’s population lives in cities? Just offhand I’m guessing most of Africa has tolerable air quality and that’s 1.26 billion. There are 854 million rural in sub-Saharan Africa alone. That’s already 10% of the world. Too small? There are 127 million rural in the EU (variously defined). 60M in the U.S., 30M in Mexico, Then add South America, China, etc. There’s a trend of being 25% rural. Is the air of deserts and fields and farms of the world too polluted for you?

So, lying about air quality by defining it as white room conditions it never was, lying by claiming air is more dangerous than it is, or lying about demographics to sound alarming? If it’s The Guardian, probably all three.

These are the same people who tell you E Bola will be a world-wide pandemic in months, NYC is underwater in 2012, and N. Korea has a missile that can hit Miami and/or the moon. But no matter how many thousands of times they’re wrong, outed as data-fabricating frauds, people believe them! Remember Thalidomide, safe nuclear energy too cheap to meter, oat bran, Vioxx (52,000 heart attacks), the carb-based food pyramid, Yoshitaka Fujii (183 false medical studies), Global Cooling, 8000 fake science journals, a published study on Star Trek’s warp drive, Einstein’s static universe, 200 word-soup generated studies published, Roundup is safe as water (official), liver death from child ADHD drug Cylert, electroshock therapy, I did not have sex with that woman (j/k), Saddam has weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaeda, 13 years of East Anglia emails, Elon Musk, cold fusion, is there anything people won’t believe?

Well if an EXPERT said it, (who discredit themselves in the very next news story in which you are reading this) it must be true! Followed by how it wasn’t true, and they were doing it for the money, every. single. day. of my adult life, which now seems like ten thousand years.

Am I on crazy pills? They’re not even hiding it. Why should they? Facebook sells cash advertising to “41 million 18- to 24-year-olds in the United States and 60 million 25- to 34-year-olds. The catch: [there are only] 31 million 18-to-24-year-olds last year and 45 million 25-to-34-year-olds.”

Tomorrow Brian Williams will report live from the moon that the North Korean missile hit JFK’s beach house on the Sea of Tranquility and no one will blink.

The air quality on earth isn’t good, but I don’t think we will help it any with our endless, trivial, pointless, bald-faced, transparent lies. Lying might — I kid you not — start a 20 year war that kills 6 million people, and we wouldn’t want that to happen.

Life of Brian

zerosum
    Participant

I’m not exaggerating.
    Switchboard operators have always had the capability to listen to your communications.
    Your are on a party-line and you don’t even know it.
    You are seeing the first steps of modern warfare and it does not involve missiles
    If you think that I’m exaggerating then so is the Guardian article
    If you think that only Russia has the capability and is the only one using cyber warefare then go ahead and read the following fake news

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/16/us-and-uk-blame-russia-for-malicious-cyber-offensive

Joyce stressed the offensive could not be linked to Friday’s raid on Syria. It was not retaliation for the US, UK and French attack as the US and UK had been investigating the cyber-offensive for months. Nor, he said, should the decision to make public the cyber-attack be seen as a response to events in Syria.

The US and UK, in a joint statement, said the cyber-attack was aimed not just at the UK and US but globally. “Specifically, these cyber-exploits were directed at network infrastructure devices worldwide such as routers, switches, firewalls, network intrusion detection system,” it said.

The US has given the cyber activity alleged to be from Russia the name GRiZZLY STEP.

Both the US and UK, like Russia, have cyber-offensive capabilities. The head of GCHQ, Jeremy Fleming, in his first public speech last week, described how such a capability was used to degrade Islamic State’s ability to disseminate propaganda from its Syrian headquarters in Raqqa. It was the first time that UK has admitted to having used its cyber-offensive capability.

zerosum
    Participant

Here is more info on the switchboard operator.
    https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=233351&findnew#new

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-106A
    Alert (TA18-106A)
    Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Targeting Network Infrastructure Devices
    Original release date: April 16, 2018

Systems Affected
    Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Enabled Devices
    Cisco Smart Install (SMI) Enabled Devices
    Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Enabled Network Devices

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts

Alerts
    Alerts provide timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits. Sign up to receive these technical alerts in your inbox or subscribe to our RSS feed.
    2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

“• Scientists Accidentally Create Mutant Enzyme That Eats Plastic Bottles”

https://oilprice.com/The-Environment/Oil-Spills/The-Oil-Eating-Bacteria-That-Can-Clean-Up-Oil-Spills.html

The unsung heroes of living systems …
    bacteria.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.