Debt Rattle April 17 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 17 2021

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Mister Roboto

“We really pushed the envelope with Biden though, didn’t we?”

Paving the way to America’s first animatronic zombie cyborg, Joe Biden.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Mandarinfish are my new desktop background.

madamski cafone
    Participant

““A guy who cuts his hair with garden shears is trying to control the solar system.””

Tucker isn’t as dumb as still shots make him look, it seems. Made me laugh.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ V. Arnold

“I’d like to know who is running the country; it sure as hell ain’t Joe…”

Sang Woody Guthrie from his grave…

madamski cafone
    Participant

I agree with Orlov’s assessment probability regarding Ukraine.

VietnamVet
    Participant

To reduce risks, mRNA vaccines should be injected only into persons who never have been infected with coronavirus. This is a sensible statement but the real world intervenes.

Pfizer and Moderna would lose millions of dollars if the minimum 21% of Americans modeled to be already infected aren’t jabbed. A cheap quick accurate antibody test is needed to detect COVID-19 infected (asymptomatic and recovered) before the injection. Not to mention a cheap quick accurate antigen test to determine who is presently shedding the virus. Sixteen months into the pandemic and there are no such tests plus no universal testing in the West. This would cut into the profits of private testing laboratories.

If everyone is tested, there must be safe free quarantine locations for the contagious. Contact tracers to find who else was exposed. Healthcare for all to treat the ill. School and work bubbles. Job guarantees to end homelessness and the unrest.

The Establishment won’t fund this. The pandemic makes them richer. They are going to ride it out by continuing their ‘divide and conquer’ reign.

chettt
    Participant

@Madamski
    re: Nixon
    My memory of the time and events is quite different. Most of the world was still begging for the US to protect them from those evil commies and to prop them up by buying all excess production. Everyone knew but didn’t really care how all those excess dollars were created as long as they could get their share. And why not? It was all working. The world was still recovering nicely from near total devastation, particularly Germany and Japan.
    Maybe it was time for the game to be over, maybe not but De Gaulle became the black swan to force the issue. Nixon closed the gold window and the world of finance officially entered the dollar era and recognized that the gold standard had actually died in 1945. The dollar became the de facto world currency not just because the US was the hegemon but also because it had the largest pool and was the least manipulated of all the major currencies. Which leads to the petro dollar farce; but that’s another topic altogether.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@VV
    To reduce risks, mRNA vaccines should be injected only into persons who never have been infected with coronavirus. This is a sensible statement but the real world intervenes

To reduce the risks? Don’t take any of big pharma’s faux vaccines…
    Educate yourself regarding genuine vaccines and their formulation/developement. Put your trust in your own knowledge and understanding…
    Up to this stage only Soutnik V has proven safe across the board with zero blood clotting issues and no reported “breakthrough” issues…

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ chett

“My memory of the time and events is quite different. Most of the world was still begging for the US to protect them from those evil commies and to prop them up by buying all excess production. ”

How strange. I remember that too. (Maybe we live on the same planet. Everyone wearing masks? Prolly same, then.) What our becoming the economic maw of global consumption has to do with deGaulle not liking what we were doing with that privilege is something else.

Vive le roi or something

V. Arnold
    Participant

Edvard Munch Spring 1889

I almost forgot todays art.
    What I like in this painting is the curtain billowing in from the open window, in a gentile spring breaze…

Django
    Participant

Trump said pussy so the virus came from a pangolin.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.