Debt Rattle April 18 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 18 2015

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

George N. Barnard Atlanta, Georgia. View on Marietta Street 1864 • US Is ‘World Leader’ In Child Poverty (Alternet) • ‘This Is Far From Over’, ‘We’re
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 18 2015]

Nassim
    Participant

“unusually warm weather covered much of the globe, and records were broken from California to Australia.”

Here are the Australian extreme weather records – temperature and rainfall. It was compiled on 30 September 2014. We have had a very mild summer (December, January and February) since. The most recent year in this list is 2011 – which is mentioned 4 times for record rainfalls.

https://www.bom.gov.au/climate/extreme/records.shtml

It is quite amazing how the newspapers make claims without any substance.

Raleigh
    Participant

We definitely have had much warmer weather in the Pacific Northwest this winter, and unusually dry. If this continues, we are going to be scorching again this summer. Not what I remember as a child.

NooBoob
    Participant

Collapse Data Cheat Sheet:

Collapse Data Cheat Sheet from collapse

Apus
    Participant

“We need to stop our own war mongerers, not someone else’s”

That is a very Chomsky-ish statement, but without any thorough explanation (as Mr. Chomsky would give us), so it is meaningless. It is easy to quote sources but give no original analysis. It is simply lazy Raul.

And who are the “war mongers”? And who are the “someone else’s”‘?

It’s easy to judge based on one’s limited opinion, but much harder to back up that judgement with fact. Do you think that maybe you run with a specific pack that is chained by limited thinking?

We don’t want just your offering of links to media, but real honest to goodness facts garnered from hard work and original sources. This is where TAE falls serious short. I understand your resources might constrain what you can do online, but money does not limit thought.

Recycling links from the news that back your opinion (emphasis on OPINION) does not earn respect. Give me more, please. And broaden your scope if you want donations.

I come here for one reason and one reason only, and that is to shortcut my time to find some interesting links. I do not come for your unexplained bias.

Thanks for the links, I enjoy them. But if you have to reduce the time it takes to give us the links, and increase the time you have to expand on your single sentence implicitness, that would be appreciated.

Hotrod
    Participant

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary! Will you be able to fool enough rubes into thinking you are not a stooge for the Predator class? Stay tuned.

Raleigh
    Participant

Apus – “It’s easy to judge based on one’s limited opinion, but much harder to back up that judgement with fact. Do you think that maybe you run with a specific pack that is chained by limited thinking?”

Well, come on, Apus, provide us with some facts re Russian aggression, some real facts. I’d like to see them. Below are a few good articles that have formed my thinking.

https://johnpilger.com/articles/why-the-rise-of-fascism-is-again-the-issue

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/04/17/the-new-world-disorder/

Provide us with some links with solid facts of the “other” war mongerers. I’d like to read them.

Nassim
    Participant

Raleigh,

Thank you for the Pilger article. Excellent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.