Debt Rattle April 26 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 26 2019

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Francisco Goya The dummy 1791   • Trump Has Just Taken The Biggest Economic Gamble Of His Presidency (AEP) • A Nation at War With Itself (Pat Buc
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 26 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Francisco Goya The dummy 1791
    Love it; especially the title…

To find this out, we must travel back in time.

• Universe Expands Faster Than Expected – NASA

Ah science; the never ending story; the never ending searches; the never ending questions.
    It’s the questions really; they can never stop; they’re what drives us ever onward…

Goya liked the theme. I used this one earlier:

V. Arnold
    Participant

Questions; their quality/relevance depends on understanding; lacking understandng; a question is worthless.
    But, with true understanding, questions drive us onward with the discovery of new knowledge; based on those very questions based on truly understanding that which we do not know…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Goya liked the theme. I used this one earlier:

Yes, I remember; I liked it then as well… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

…and I just noticed they’re two different paintings…
    Like I said; I’m a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. 😉

Maria Butina will be sentenced today; Reuters says she will be extradited to Russia. Meanwhile, she has spent some serious time in solitary confinement.

Butina is where Russophobia has reached its summit to date. Her alleged ‘infiltration of the GOP and NRA started when she was 22 years old, for fcuk’s sake. Both of these multibillion dollar organizations were under threat because of a little girl. These people are insane. America is insane.

In a court filing, prosecutors said Butina, 30, engaged in an “ambitious” conspiracy and was “keenly aware that portions of her work were being reported to the wider Russian government.”

“Ambitious conspiracy”. She was 22.

“Butina was not a spy in the traditional sense,” prosecutors said in their memo. “She was not a trained intelligence officer. But the actions she took were nonetheless taken on behalf of the Russian Official for the benefit of the Russian Federation, and those actions had the potential to damage the national security of the United States.”

If and when a little girl has “the potential to damage the national security of the United States,” maybe that security is flawed?! But no, seriously, this is 100% bogus, If Russia wanted to infiltrate NRA and GOP, they would not send Butina.

The U.S. Justice Department has said Butina worked with the Russian official and two Americans to try to infiltrate the National Rifle Association, a powerful lobby group that has close ties to Republican politicians including President Donald Trump, and influence American foreign policy toward Russia.

Infiltrate the NRA? She was head of a Russian gun association and wanted to connect with the NRA, something she did perfectly openly.

It no longer matters what these crazies say, and they know it. The public swallows anything thrown at them. Collusion, Assange, Butina, these are all fictional stories, but today they dictate the headlines and dominate the airwaves.

Dr. D
    Participant

Agree, and living here, I can assure you they are each insane, as I report each day. However, her conviction leads to rapid extradition and safety back in Russia. Isn’t that odd?

Dr. D
    Participant

Hold on a minute: I resemble that painting.

“Macron promised €5bn worth of cuts to income tax for lower and average earners as well as pension rises for the poorest”

I know money doesn’t mean anything anymore – not with *zero* countries — besides Greece — following the 2% deficit rule and Draghi printing money in limitless quantities for any nation that wants it – besides Greece – but who does he think is going to pay for this? All the rich people already left France, even Gerard Depardieu.

“Europe must “have borders” even if it means a smaller Schengen zone,” Macron has said.

“Did we take a wrong turn?’ I believe so! Reverse! Reverse!” –Macron.

“Irish Backstop Could Undermine EU Standards – Report (G.)”

How? The EU hasn’t followed the law since they started. Remember the entry rules? Remember the 2% GDP cap? If this Irish problem happens they’ll just not follow the law or the treaty they just signed and stop it. So will Britain by the way, who’s never followed the law either. Get in your head the law only applies to me and to Guardian reporters: nobody else is following it. Sociopaths is what sociopaths does.

“Juncker Refuses to Reject Huawei ‘Just Because It’s Chinese’ (RT)”

Quite so. However, perhaps you’d like to reject them instead because their products have a back door to the Red Army: another one was revealed just this week, and, least surprising thing ever. Cisco probably does too, but that’s to the NSA/GCHQ so you’re picking your long-term allies here, and they are NOT picking the United States. As we guessed when they tried to rig our elections and depose our President. But go ahead if you think the Chinese are more trustworthy, more tolerant, more freedom-loving allies. Being able to choose is what sovereignty means.

“Huawei Leak Highlights Collapse of Discipline in May’s Cabinet (G.)”

Translation: People are divided on whether Britain should sell out to the Chinese, or continue selling out to the United States. May I suggest neither? But that would require sovereignty and independence, the one thing they don’t want.

“European Equities May Benefit as $1 Trillion in US Buybacks Vanish (ZH)”

I’ll take the under on this. Trump didn’t get Powell to cut rates for nothing, and Europe — as headed by DB and Brexit — is in trouble. Turkey alone could cascade Italy and Spain. If that happens – and suppose the Yanks give them a push? – money will safe-haven back in NY, undeservedly I know.

“Universe Expands Faster Than Expected – NASA”

When you don’t know what 2/3rds of the universe is made of, you have to cool yourself on this sort of thing. This conclusion is composed of hundreds of sub-theories each with their own problems, so if the red-shift theory is off, the whole thing needs to be re-thought. That’s the nature of science, but that also means if this other thing is wrong, the Universe may NOT be expanding faster than expected. Interesting, but TBD.

I know I know, this can’t be a good sign, and it’s all downhill from here on in for me, but this just made me laugh like crazy:

V. Arnold
    Participant

Lets hope Maria Butina will, in fact be, extradited to Russia.
    She certainly will never want to visit the U.S. again.
    Insanity is not an adequate description of what’s going on in the U.S.; it’s far worse; something from the belly of hell.
    We’ve entered a realm even Orwell didn’t forsee…

zerosum
    Participant

” …..products have a back door to the Red Army: another one was revealed just this week,….”

Call me stupid …. If I had found the back doors ….
    and knew how to use them
    I would keep my mouth shut
    buy the products
    use the back doors
    for my private spying purposes

This has got to be fake news.

seychelles
    Participant

Sometimes I think the Democrats work for Trump.

Why shouldn’t they? He has broken all of his populist campaign promises and done everything Hillary would have done had she been elected…well we haven’t had a nuclear confrontation…yet…but a serious threat to USD hegemony could sure trigger one. His lying ways are proof that what we have in the US is a one party disloyal system of political apparatchiks and bureaucrats controlled by a secretive fascistic global corporatocracy operating without accountability and systematically destroying our core culture and monetary system. Its goal is to ultimately generate a massive reduction in the planet’s human population.

Dr. D
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-23/microsoft-discovers-huawei-driver-allowing-backdoor-hack-laptops
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/chinas-huawei-flush-cash-spy-america-53822

It‘s kind of all over. The real problem, like I said is the Huawei has the back door and Intel/Microsoft/Google/NSA (but I repeat myself) does NOT. They want all equipment to have NSA keys and NOT Red Army keys. …And thus Blackberry was driven out of business, a Canadian company unwilling to give open keys and had SOME security, a teeny bit, and have now left the cell phone market after years of market-rigging naked shorts.

I could look up the multiple reports of Cisco shipping NSA-compromised switches – to Germany – even intercepting the FedEx shipments and altering the motherboards – or even pointing out that Google/Android is well-known to have NO security against anyone including the Chinese, but what’s the point? Nobody cares. They’re buying Alexas by the truckload.

Hello

So you don’t need that? Fine. But the future Mayor of Atlanta and Senator from Indiana will have a track going back to his/her childhood. The WaPo/CIA (but I repeat myself) will leak if they stayed up too late once watching cartoons, or worse yet, liked a girl. When Assange sends Greenwald a story, the universally-wiretapped planet means Obama can add one more whistleblower prosecution to his belt. Try to hold the line a little on universal warrantless wiretaps, can we?

Talk Sexy To Me, Alexa!

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

Nah. Don’t feel like it. I’ll just search your house all the time and miss the terrorists anyway.

Destroying lives to uphold a narrative. I can’t see anything about time already served. Where’s Putin when you need him?

Marina Butina Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison

Before her sentencing hearing on Friday, Butina pleaded with the judge for leniency, RT reports. “My parents discovered my arrest on the morning news they watch in their rural house in a Siberian village,” she told the court. “I love them dearly, but I harmed them morally and financially. They are suffering from all of that. I destroyed my own life as well. I came to the United States not under any orders, but with hope, and now nothing remains but penitence.”

V. Arnold
    Participant

Butina’s statement is heart rending; the courts are brutal and have lost all sense of justice…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.