Debt Rattle April 26 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 26 2020

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Unknown Spanish Influenza 1918     • Australia’s Coronavirus Tracing App Set To Launch Today (G.) • Germany Flips On Smartphone Contact Trac
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 26 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Unknown Spanish Influenza 1918

Including the dog; the more things change, the more they stay the same…
    What a rush: That picture is us today!

4 stages of quarantine…
    That is hilarious…true?…who knows… 😉

Dr. D
    Participant

“backing an approach supported by Apple and Google”

Well, if it’s Apple and Google, I know it’s evil AND it won’t work. That one is a war profiteer, and the other supports slavery not a clue to anyone? How won’t it work? I’ll leave my phone home. And that’s above how a) everyone gets it doesn’t matter, they are asymptomatic b) even if we knew who had it, apparently there’s no immunity c) we have no decent testing so if you find the contact points, you can’t test accurately anyway d) even if you traced and tested, it would have no medical value since a) no one outside of a wheelchair dies of it, so there’s nothing for medicine to DO until you have a medical issue because of it.

“Ergo: you need a vaccine. “

You can’t have a vaccine if there are no antibodies. And that’s considering no one has ever made a corona vaccine of any type, ever. But people aren’t Sciencing very hard. So if it’s not science, what’s driving it? Look at the people, their histories, and the irrational, unscientific solutions they propose. All needles point north, to what?

Mumbai Is Trying To Stop COVID19 With Hydroxychloroquine (IT)”

I guess we’ll find out. Certainly no one in the medical world is trying it, it’s going to take somebody other than GSK and Novartis, who would, and many times have, let us all die rather than sell a cheap cure.

The number of new cases of Covid-19 being diagnosed is still much too high”

That’s because they’re testing??? We found everywhere else 10x the people already had it so it’s 1/10th as dangerous as reported, but this is not true in the nation of Heathrow and 10,000 passengers a day? Okey-dokey. We’ll compare you to Sweden when this is all over, because the lockdown vs none has been measured and has no effect – except to stop food, crash the economy, and kill people. We used no ventilators. The hospitals of 3,000 counties are empty. If you were trying to flatten the curve, I think you won. Never say die. Go power-grab to the horizon.

Organizers Plan the Largest US Rent Strike in Nearly a Century (IC)

This would have made sense until they had a worker bailout that was larger than their original paychecks, so now they can afford it if they want.

Michael Flynn Deliberately Set Up, Framed By Corrupt FBI Agents – Lawyer (JTN)”

And nobody goes to jail. Cheeto then says bad things happened, terrible crimes were committed. Sir? Perhaps you haven’t noticed but it’s YOUR job to do something about it? Blahblahblahblah. Hee-haw,hee-haw. I can’t hear you over the sound of nobody doing any work, nobody doing their job.

“The CIA has been at war with Journalism for over a decade.”

The clowns have controlled the press since the Dulles Brothers in 1950. It was all put up in the Church commission and Mockingbird. No one cares. Didn’t happen. What’s on Congressional record and Wikipedia doesn’t exist. You’re making it up because I won’t read or believe anything, regardless of how authoritative, inevitable, common sensical, or logical. Oh, and speaking of following the law? Oh and their jurisdiction is exclusively OUTSIDE the borders? Oh and he is not a citizen? Oh and it still wouldn’t be illegal? No one follows the law. We are lawless, and worse #AntiLogos, without reason, logic, or facts.

Taleb seems to have a blind spot here. We must take 100% actions for vanishing tail risks? And he’s right, if you add tail risks of asteroids, the sentient robot takeover, alien invasions, AND the earth cracking in two, soon the certainty is 100% and we must take 100% actions against all of them, although it never happens. I bet he doesn’t trade that way, because he exclusively buys cheap/free puts against tail risk. This one is overpriced. Outside of cities and nursing homes the virus is near-zero? So why would we quarantine the economy and not the target group? That goes against 1,000 years of practice.

Sadly, like all other humans, he uses his intellect to support his emotional reaction and belief. That’s how we got here as we discover – surprise! – that the virus is dropping from 0.1% to 0.01% for non-comorbid people. But thanks for playing, you’ve destroyed the worldwide economy, that will blow up all finances and derivatives in 30 days, and I’m not sorry it’s going away. Happy, even, since we can all point to it later and never do that again.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

WHO: No Evidence COVID-19 Antibodies Protect From Potential Re-Infection

From that same article (linked above),
    “As the hunt for a vaccine continues around the world, the WHO has formed an international alliance to ensure that treatments are distributed fairly. French President Emmanuel Macron, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are involved in the alliance.”

But,
    Scientists fear the hunt for a coronavirus vaccine will fail and we will all have to live with the ‘constant threat’ of COVID-19

“The first question we do not know is ‘do you get natural immunity to this disease if you have had it, for a prolonged period of time?'” Whitty said. “Now if we don’t then it doesn’t make a vaccine impossible but it makes it much less likely and we simply don’t know yet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-vaccine-may-be-impossible-to-produce-scientists-covid-2020-4

Bill7
    Participant

Washington Post: ‘As beds go unfilled, states scale back Army Corps makeshift hospitals’:

“..States are already beginning to scale back. New York has hit the brakes on opening three of the makeshift facilities the Army Corps of Engineers has completed in Westchester County and on Long Island, and has scrapped construction on another four. Virginia paused plans for three large field hospitals in Richmond, Hampton and Fairfax County that it was planning to build using Army Corps plans. And Michigan downsized a Corps-built facility outside Detroit from 1,110 to 250 beds.

Sites that have opened so far have seen low occupancy rates. The first Corps-built makeshift hospital to come online, at the Javits Center, is about 20 percent occupied; it has roughly 200 patients at the moment, down from a little over 400 at its peak, according to a state official. Only about 33 patients have been treated at a 970-bed Army Corps-built facility at the TCF Center, a convention center in Detroit, since it opened on April 10, after hospitals in the area surged their capacity..”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/as-beds-go-unfilled-states-scale-back-army-corps-makeshift-hospitals/2020/04/24/4570fb5c-8404-11ea-9728-c74380d9d410_story.html

Who benefits from the COVID-19™ fear-mongering, and why is virtually every site pushing it?

zerosum
    Participant

Yesterday we said, tomorrow.
    Today is tomorrow.
    Today is not better than tomorrow.

Yesterday is gone.
    The virus is not gone.
    I’m not gone.

We are joined
    mosquitoes
    blackflies
    bakeapples

Prep H works miracles
    Nancy P. lost her eye bags and wrinkles.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I’d like to replay a comment I made about oh a month ago. That is, we are constantly looking for a vaccine, the way we look for magical solutions to problems. It has been pretty clearly demonstrated that having a healthy immune system is key and there is a vast body of information on this in the alternative health world. Plant-based general pathogen destroyers are also well known in the alternative health world. Something to do in the meantime.
    I find this frustrating because we on this site tend to pride ourselves in thinking beyond the mainstream experts but in this case we don’t seem to be doing this.

Kimo
    Participant

Various stories about Sweden, who seem to be working this best:
    Additional steps? Retirement communities and nursing homes could isolate their staff from their own families for awhile, by offering them food & lodging (imagine the parties!). I am so glad to see the photo, which depicts young, trim Swedes enjoying an outing together. It’s great for those at risk, herd immunity will be achieved all the faster, and life will then return to normal. It’s not too late for the US to shift gears.
    https://www.thelocal.se/20200424/interview-isabella-lovin-coronavirus-the-biggest-myth-about-sweden-is-that-life-is-going-on-as-normal
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8252553/Swedish-expert-says-coronavirus-lockdown-not-saved-lives.html

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Not so sure about Sweden’s approach. Sweden’s numbers looks bad compared to its neighbors on either side (Finland and Norway).

Sweden does the least testing, but still has the most cases, per million population.
    The deaths in Sweden (per million population) are much greater (about six times greater) than in Norway or Finland.

Cases per million population
    Finland 826
    Norway 1,383
    Sweden 1,846

Deaths per million population
    Finland 34
    Norway 37
    Sweden 217

Tests per million population
    Finland 14,493
    Norway 28,614
    Sweden 9,357

[data from Worldometer]

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/04/common-interests.html (Avocado orchard pic with author inside)
    We share common interest in a healthful environment, healthful human lives, and a safe present and future for “ourselves and our posterity”. How can we invest together those interests?
    How might the interests of other groups impact our interests?
    Do we have actual adversaries? What are their interests?

This Colonel in Russian Intelligence gives an interview in Russian, about the military intelligence view of the coronavirus pandemic, and the global economic reset, which is co-evolving with it. He believes that looking at global strategic interests of nations, financial powers and special interest groups is the most useful vantage.
    He says that this big reset on the peoples of the world is an effort by the same interests that brought us 9/11 and the global-war-on-(people who had valuable stuff they wanted to keep).
    I agree that this is useful, because power elites know that more oil is not going to be found, nor more copper, or the nice, clean coal, or more pure aquifers of lovely water.
    The exponential growth phase of human-economy and human population is over, and they need to secure oil, copper, the environment and all that is useful for THEMSELVES.
    Like the people of Iraq, we are using up all the stuff they need going forward in our own interests, not in faithful service to them. They need some of us to faithfully serve them, of course, but the rest of us might as well go to Detroit.
    Thanks for this excellent strategic analysis in a short and direct 3/25/20 video, Eleni!

Sister Caitlin in Oz has another essay worthy of consideration:
    We are born from a womb into a world, which Caitlin likens to a womb, but a pretty janky one in a lot of ways, because what it teaches us about how everything works is completely broken, just wrong. However, if we can be born-again we can know the actual workings of life, we can be human, instead of being manipulated by marketing pitches.

Birth From The Second Womb

Responding to viral reports alleging that the novel coronavirus was leaked from a US military biochemical laboratory, Chinese scientists said that they could not make a judgment on the allegation, as the US had not given any public response on the issue.
    Shi Yi, a research fellow from the Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, made the remarks at a press conference Thursday, noting that the origin of the virus is a scientific issue requiring a long period of research and involves a great deal of uncertainty.
    The remarks came amid circulating reports alleging that the Fort Detrick laboratory, which handles high-level disease-causing materials such as Ebola, in Fredrick, Maryland, may be the origin of the deadly novel coronavirus, which has infected more than 2.6 million Americans with nearly 20,000 deaths as of 4:30 pm Thursday.
    The lab was ordered to shut down in July 2019, reportedly for multiple causes, including failure to follow local procedures and a lack of periodic recertification training for workers in the biocontainment laboratories.
    Some other posts on social media platforms also alleged that a US armed diplomatic driver and cyclist who was in Wuhan in October 2019 for the cycling competition in the Military World Games, could be patient zero for COVID-19 in Wuhan.
    Netizens from both China and the US have called on the US government to respond to public concerns over the above mentioned issues.
    https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1186556.shtml

This novel-coronavirus does some weird things, like making blood clots all through a person’s body.
    Young people are getting strokes and heart attacks as well as blood clots in their lungs and kidneys.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Healthy-people-in-their-30s-and-40s-barely-sick-15224874.php

Daily Mail says the French are using nicotine patches on patients and healthcare workers.
    “A French study found that only 4.4% of 350 coronavirus patients hospitalized were regular smokers and 5.3% of 130 homebound patients smoked.”

You catch a bad cold; you catch another bad cold. This virus is going to be like that- good thing, as it is relatively benign except for its economic and political side effects. See “Flaws in Coronavirus Pandemic Theory” by David Crowe.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

zerosum

I like your poem. Sort of like Free Verse meets Haiku meets Banksy. Hope to see some more of it as the spirit moves you.

Thanks, John Day, for that video- it would fall into my category of “not necessarily genuine, but very true.”
    I’m still wobbling back and forth between a real, new disease, or an iatrogenic problem arising from treating common disease.
    In the former, I look at the stylistics of what we do know- that some coronavirus specimens (all the rage, apparently) were stolen from western labs and taken to China. Then (wild speculation) the US brought the disease with the military athletes (you can’t leave it to accident!) for the cover that it “escaped” from the Wuhan lab. It fits in with the stylistics of other western plots to start something. It also explains the silly accusations against China. China saw through it- made much of it- and the west let their economies crash under the guise of benevolence and humanitarianism.
    In the latter, China uses a “novel” virus to cover pollution problems. The west picks it up, gives it a catchy name (PR!), and runs with it- using respiratory diseases as a means to test the toxic antivirals (and eventually “vaccines”) on hapless victims of old age and pneumonia (never let a crisis go to waste), as well as to manufacture maximum fear and helplessness. It also covers for the inevitable Reset. Some younger people have to participate or the data is too skewed. (It’s pretty darn skewed anyways.)
    I think conspiracy is the human condition- from surprise birthday parties, affairs, and where babies come from, to secret clubs, boardrooms, and Davos. What do people think is meant when someone says “knowledge is power”?
    It isn’t if everyone knows it.
    I don’t want to leave out that “They” may all be in on it together- as the Russian officer says- “They” intend to dispatch many, many people.
    The Georgia Guidestones: probably not genuine, but true.
    The Protocols: definitely not what they are purported to be, but true.
    My world is not dark as it seems. I’m a nature freak.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Australia’s Tracing App is optional — for now. There was talk recently about it being mandatory to download it. There was no talk about it being mandatory to carry an iPhone everywhere.

But I don’t take my iPhone, i.e.electronic ball and chain, with me anywhere. Cell phones have become a curse on society. I survived my first 65 years without one, amazing to say, and I intend to spend my remaining years without one.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Truely extraordinary times; with few exceptions, world “leaders” are running around like chickens with their heads cut off; they have absolutely no idea what to do/how to do…
    Which makes the world’s populations victims; suffering needlessly at the hands of gross incompetence…
    I’ve not witnessed such in my 75 years wandering this planet…
    May the gods help us…

WES
    Participant

Ezlxa1949:

One morning, while waiting with my kids for the elementary school bell to ring, one kid proudly displayed his own cell phone.

So, I asked him if he had to carry the cell phone with him all day long. He replied, yes.

Then I asked him if he had to answer the cell phone if it rang? Yes, he replied!

Then I asked him what would happen if he didn’t answer the cell phone? He replied, his parents would be mad at him!

Then, I asked him if he went to a friend’s place to play did he have to phone his parents? Yes, he replied. His parents wanted to know where he was at all times.

Then I said to him it seems to me like this cell phone is quite a burden for you to carry. He asked, what do you mean?

I said, well it seems like this cell phone is like having a steel ball and chain attached to your leg all the time!

The kid then said, yeah, I see what you mean!

WES
    Participant

Dr D:

It will be very interesting to see how India giving the anti-marlaria med to everyone, works out!

Since India produces this med in great amounts, it is a proven safe med, what do they have to lose?

All thanks to “Gin & Tonic”!

One of my favorite cures- when I’m sick and can’t breathe- is vick’s vaporub (there are other mentholatums). The really nice thing about chest rubs (with a warm washcloth) is that a loved-one applies it- and here-in lies my complaint about “the lockdown” and “social distancing”. When people are sick (and/or in the hospital!) , they recover because someone who loves them is there to care for them. It’s biblical (etc). It’s ancient. It’s common sense. It’s the basis of humanity- it’s the basic core of society. A kindly nurse without a mask, cooing and wearing a gentle smile will do if there’s no immediate family.
    If we buy that we must stay apart (leave it to the “heroes!) when a friend or loved one is sick, we have lost something very, very, very, very important.

WES
    Participant

V Arnold:

Now we know how our “little manager” politicians run around making “chicken” soup!

Kimo
    Participant

Virus Free Protection Plan
    Phase 1: The Land Where Time Stands Still
    Grab a flight to Kauai, where for a number of days there has been only one case. You’ll spend the first two weeks in isolation, afterwards the run of the island of 167K residents living with no virus, and very appreciative of the rare tourist. Enjoy, but remember to bring your mask.

Phase 2: Step into the Time Machine
    As @Doc Robinson points out above, Sweden is far ahead of the herd immunity race. As they cross the finish line (no new cases), leave the Kauai island paradise to travel to Sweden to enjoy another virus free location and a more metro area with open shops. Don’t expect to return to Kauai any time soon, as they will be last in the race.

When the authorities tell you you must give up your humanity- just for a while- think twice. Soldiers are asked to do this for battle- humans don’t naturally like to kill each other. PTSD is their reward, if they’re sane.
    We want to comfort others- a crying child, a trauma victim, a friend in need…Who would have thought that it would one day be patriotic to be an illness-coward, a recluse- to tap into our inner Howard Hughes?

Heaven help us if a truly deadly pathogen hits.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Now we know how our “little manager” politicians run around making “chicken” soup!

I’m at a loss on how to respond to that… 😉

We want to comfort others- a crying child, a trauma victim, a friend in need…

Two weeks ago a neighbor and friend (she’s single) was visiting at our house. She was crying because she couldn’t visit her very sick mother up north, because of travel restrictions here.
    My wife and I each gave her hugs to try and comfort her.
    (Her mother has since improved markedly)
    But, I hear you loud and clear; we’re under attack as never before in our lifetime by thoroughly corrupt governments; both economically and morrally…
    I’ll be damned if anybody will control me and/or my values!

zerosum
    Participant

The USA shot themselves in the foot for a dollar

Other countries did better and are still doing better.

The biggest social/economic changes will happen where its needed the most.

More data coming from the third world.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The USA shot themselves in the foot for a dollar

They did indeed…
    Give me the Thai Baht any old time… 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.