Debt Rattle April 27 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 27 2015

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Brakeman H.B. Van Santford on the AT&SF line from Summit to San Bernardino 1943 • Debt Addiction Could Send Us The Way Of The Mayans (Saty
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 27 2015]

Nassim
    Participant

Putin’s claim that the Americans supported the Chechin Islamists is well-known. He has been too polite to bring it up in public and that is all. One of the rules of being on the top is that you don’t openly criticise others at the top of other countries directly. Now, Putin is less reticent.

Here is an article from the FT of only 3 days ago:

“Moscow is bringing other parts of the North Caucasus in line with some of Chechnya’s draconian practices. In 2013, Mr Putin replaced the head of Dagestan, who had tried to counter the creeping Islamist insurgency through dialogue with Salafi Muslims. Since then, Dagestan has cracked down on Salafism as Chechnya has. Dagestan authorities have also started using Mr Kadyrov’s practice of punishing insurgents’ families by destroying their houses and expelling them.”

https://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/e6a4accc-ea4d-11e4-a701-00144feab7de.html

Whenever the codeword “Salafi” is used, one should understand that it is synonymous with Wahabi. The rulers of Saudi Arabia are Wahabis – it is their thing. They finance all the Salafism in the world. The USA – and Israel – are the other two legs of this stool. There is no way that there would be Salafis in Dagestan and Chechnya unless there was Saudi funding. And there would be no Saudi funding unless the USA and Israel asked for it.

It is just another version of the old “plausible deniability” meme.

Nassim
    Participant

“Russian Jews would be in serious danger if Russian President Vladimir Putin was ever ousted from power, a senior Russian rabbi has stated.”

This is quite true. Many Russians, Ukrainians and East Europeans are not sympathetic to Jews. It is undeniable.

At the same time, Israel is constantly trying to ensure to more Jews move to Israel. That is what Zionism is supposed to be all about. The Zionists have a vested interest in Jews being forced out of or electing to leave Russia.

Anyone who has read up about the Russian revolution will quickly realise that Jews were greatly over-represented among the Bolsheviks. They were keen for the aristocracy to collapse – because they were excluded from it. However, by removing Tsarism, they brought in something far worse. I think this Rabbi is trying to remind them of that.

Raleigh
    Participant

E. Swanson – “What we are seeing here isn’t just a problem for Europe. Whether they are called “refugees”, “migrants” or “illegal immigrants”, the problem is the result of rapid population growth in the tropical regions of the Earth.”

I was just catching up, looking at World Bank statistics, and as far as I can see, the whole of Africa is pretty much _________! The population in most African countries is set to explode. The Under-5 mortality rate has gone way down, yet the amount of children (0 – 14) living with HIV is sad: 400,000 in Nigeria, 200,000 in Ethiopia, 170,000 in Malawi, 360,000 in South Africa, 250,000 in Tanzania, 190,000 in Uganda.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.HIV.0014

Mali, Malawi are set to double their populations to 40 million by 2050, Nigeria from 200 million to 400 million by 2050; Eritrea, Somalia, Guinea, Gambia, Congo to double too, and the list goes on.

https://datatopics.worldbank.org/hnp/popestimates

I don’t know if there’s any amount of money, time or wishful thinking that could fix this. If you want to call the people escaping to Europe “refugees”, aren’t you essentially saying that the whole of Africa could be considered that? Because once you say that, you are putting a bullseye on Europe and inviting them all in, aren’t you?

And what good does that do? Even if Europe took 300 million, it would be a drop in the bucket. Europe’s population would swell, creating massive labor surplus. It might alleviate Africa’s problems for all of about five years, and then they’d be back to square one.

I don’t know what the answer is, but I don’t think it’s solved by calling them all “refugees” and inviting them all in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.