Debt Rattle April 7 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 7 2022

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

@Dr-D

The Taibbi article following is for Left-wing, lemon-sucking, dried-up, loveless, joyless Church ladies of the new Church of Progress. Afraid of sex in every way. But I thought this was new liberation, where we must, MUST teach 5-year-olds about butt sex? Yes, but only if you FEAR us, and don’t ENJOY it, I guess.

This sort of free-floating regime of terror, where everything can be lost for a word, a look, an accusation, is the hallmark of totalitarian regimes, and specifically Fascist ones, since they add the aspect of propaganda, conformity, and social pressure outside of due process and law, but more akin to a religious movement, a cult, if you will.

Ah, it all makes sense now…

zerosum
    Participant

Don’t cry. Save your tears for what is coming

Archie
    Participant

This historical context for modern day Ukraine is fascinating. As they say in sports, you can’t tell the players without a program (scorecard).

How the Ukrainian Nationalist Movement Post-WWII was Bought and Paid for by the CIA

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Ukraine is the point d’appui of the Western versus Eastern Empires. Most wars are about access to resources, and this one is no exception. The decay of the Western Empire is quite obviously well under way. TPTB are daily becoming more agitated and arguably desperate.

However, the Norwegian-born official also noted that its Asia-Pacific partners – such as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea – have been invited as well, stating that the current security crisis has “global implications.

I am confident that Australia will eagerly accept the invitation. Federal elections are near and the incumbents will be using Security as a major scare tactic. They will do whatever it takes to stay in office. But one of their own disaffected members put it nicely: Power Without Purpose.

NSW govt. in aus just passed a law – 2 years prison for protest that disrupts business.

So, the Mammon-worshippers have sanctified Business. Let them. All this will do is hasten the end. Meanwhile TPTB will happily ruin our best farmland by sacrificing it to the coal and gas industry. No matter; we can always source our food from somewhere else. There is an endless number of Somewhere-Elses, so no need to plan anything, make wise provision, store up for an indefinite future. All we need to do is sit back and let The Market perform its wonders. Hallelujah.

Actually, there’s a growing realisation in this nation that the current economic system is on course to catastrophe and we need to change and change soon. I await developments with interest.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@professorlocknload

When the Corporatist US .gov runs out of “evil” foreigners to sanction, it will have no one left to sanction but the “evil” American public. It’s coming, and likely only the “radically” resilient will come through it relatively unscathed.

Already underway…

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted unanimously to suspend all official travel to Texas and Florida over the states’ controversial LGBTQ policies.

The motion by Supervisors Sheila Kuehl and Hilda Solis would only affect travel for the conduct of county business that is paid for with taxpayer money.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-county-votes-to-ban-official-travel-to-florida-texas-over-lgbtq-policies/

zerosum
    Participant

Archie
    This blog that your linked ….. Is this the untold history for idiot americans?

“pure race.”

it does not truly matter what the “facts” are, but the question of “whose side are you on?”

Main Page

I’m going to bookmark for futher reading.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Thucydides was a Realist. Yes, …“he was one of the founders of a pessimistic intellectual tradition that believes the world, like the one he endured, is inherently a cold, harsh, dangerous place in which power and its acquisition is paramount. In this world, interests diverge and clash, and cooperation is bound to be impermanent. There is no reliable authority above the fray. No-one can be certain of others’ intentions, which can change. This makes for a world of ultimate solitude. Ruthless self-help and prudent self-restraint are both imperative. To survive in it, polities must accept and work within its constraints.”

… an excellent read:

Thucydides was a Realist

Realism at its core is the capacity to look at the world without euphemism. In that spirit, Thucydides is a tonic to wishful thinking.

Thucydides was a Realist

F.S.

WES
    Participant

So Canada is going to develop a central bank digital currency to protect Canadians! Trudeau/Freeland.

Another nail in the coffin of freedom.

Neither unvaxxed Australians or Canadians are allowed to leave their counties. I suspect it is the same deal for unvaxxed New Zealanders too.

Another nail in the coffin of freedom.

Archie
    Participant

Zero –

I like Cynthia Cheung a lot. She is a terrific writer and researcher. One huge red flag about the dying Empire of Lies and Hate is that it absolutely disdains the catalog of history as it really happened. Canada suffers from the same affliction. The original sin in both countries is their histories dealing with the native inhabitants. I also think that might apply to New Zealand and Australia as well but I’m not that well informed about their histories.

Anyway, I like to think that if there are solutions to our current problems, they lie in the cumulative history of humanity. I’m pretty sure that is the way Putin sees his SMO. He understands history and the stuff that Cynthia Cheung is writing about in that piece.

As a side note, I live in an area with lots of retired military folk, and a bunch of country guys that did their “duty”, And yet, I have not heard a single person saying ANYTHING in support of whatever charade is going on in DC. I sense the growing recognition that regime change is needed in this country asap. I’ve overhead several people talking about the 25th amendment. I think there is a correlation there that, at least in these parts, people are not buying the propaganda. Do you think the CIA is doing any internal polling on that subject?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.