Debt Rattle April 9 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 9 2020

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Edward Hopper The railroad 1922   • Fauci: I Don’t Think We Should Shake Hands ‘Ever Again’ (Hill) • The Limits of Location Tracking in an Epidem
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 9 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Edward Hopper The railroad 1922
    The hopper is nicely done, IMO…

Love in the rear view mirror; Debt Rattle April 8 2020
    Too put it mildly, I’m a bit perplexed by the responses to your treatise on the various proposed solutions to societal isolation; along with other suggestions; both private and government driven…
    This site, by its very nature invites discussion; but, alas, it’s loathe to happen. A few here post utter drivel and account for the majority of posts; hardly an invitation for discussion.
    Then, our host is attacked for his POV! WTF??
    What happened to talking, debating, respectful argumentation?
    It has boiled down to my way, or the highway…
    I’m not here for that tripe; I’m here for pov’s that challenge mine…

Dr. D
    Participant

So…According to CDC own numbers, pneumonia has dropped off a cliff, 90° down. Along with heart attacks and some other numbers. I know people are sitting around a lot, but…really?

And apparently overall deaths, 3 weeks in March compared to long term average are down 10%. Now that DOES make sense with everyone sitting home.

And am I reading that every official model has been downgraded 90% from original estimates?
    So are the states going to call off this assassination of the U.S. economy, that is to say, us yet? Not on your life. We don’t listen to no stupid charts and statistics! We don’t do no “evidence”! We’re Science™! “Panic! Now that’s Science you can believe in.”

More fun? Iowa no take measures to stop Sharona. Exact same chart and curve as all the states who shut down their economies like Hitler:
    Ioway
    https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?get_gallerynr=7920
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=238858

Ain’t that weird? But I am a coincidence theorist and that is not suspicious at all.

Now to cure this epidemic and the unprecedented economic fallout, the U.S. House of Representatives spent the week, creating bill H.R. 5717 to ban common rifles. Thanks. I knew you’d get right on our most pressing problem.

Also helpful, when criticized for believing China like a little child, being so slow to close travel, and probably STILL not recommending masks (haven’t checked), WHO answers “Don’t say bad things about us unless you want to see body bags.” Is that a threat? Because we-all were just discussing how it was exactly your policies that were CAUSING all the body bags. Allegedly.

Feeling on the ground is that, after being super helpful and cooperative (for us) in taking the immediate action needed, getting things in line, America is now starting to take stock of what’s going on and getting pretty annoyed. And with annoyance comes anger and skepticism. So you can’t keep social moods going, they have arcs, they wax and wane like markets, like cycles. People are saying, so…apparently we’re all going to be imprisoned for the rest of our lives, with no end date, no jobs, no nuttin’? Uh, no. (Which is what I said day one, but I’m sadly always WAY ahead of things)

So just as they talk infinite vaccine passports, 1,000 year-reich’s of lost rights, and bailouts for the wealthy while families get enough money for cat food, find Americans not in the mood. Which I think is the hope and plan. Let them get out there, talk in public and hang themselves. Nothing else will prove it to people, nothing else will end it.

For example: so if they can print $10 Trillion in a weekend for companies, just ‘cause, why the h— am I paying taxes? If money doesn’t matter, why don’t I get a $6T check ÷ 330M = $18,000 per person, $72,000 per household? If every company in the world is shut down, how the h— is the Dow up 20% at 24,000?

End of System. End of the Line. We are going to have a new system now.

The Limits of Location Tracking in an Epidemic (ACLU)”

Hey, how about you NOT do this, because you’re morons who have screwed up every tech things you’ve ever touched, can’t even run Zoom, and NOT have a future more dystopian nightmare than “Brasil”? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Thanks. We won’t ask nicely again.

“Not testing grinds economies to a halt.”

Nah, you could just go out. Life is dangerous. You might die someday. All you get to choose is whether you die like a rat or a man.

“how little we still know about the virus.”

Yeah, 4 months later, with a Billion people involved, can you explain how that is possible? That don’t sound very scientific. Sounds like a whole posse of people are lying and jerking the numbers, because otherwise we would know many things with great assurity.

“New Projections Show Virus Spreading Twice as Fast as Expected (ZH)”

Good, so everybody has it already and death rates are still sub 0.004%. (14k / 330M) Why does everyone love fear and oppression so much? F- em.

If you would have told anyone this on January 1…”

I would have said the financial system froze up and was being re-set, as was patently obvious with $700B/night bailouts since Sept 14th, 2019. That this had to happen was obvious since 1999, or indeed since 1971 and printed by the Economist in 1988. There has never been a Whiter Swan on planet earth, or not for 1,000 years.

Americans Not Making Their Mortgage Payments Soar by 1064% In One Month (ZH)”

Nobody’s going to pay anybody, and therefore nobody is going to pay the banks. Dodge this. As must mathematically happen when you detach your currency from reality and will happen within 49 years of 1971.

“We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the civil war straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and … correct the public health.” — Joe Robinette Biden

Dr. D
    Participant

Ah, it wouldn’t be March without 12 years of this:

“Assad’s Air Force Attacked Syrian Civilians with Sarin, Chlorine, says Watchdog” (from his basement in Scotland)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/assad-s-air-force-attacked-syrian-civilians-sarin-chlorine-says-n1179421

Yes! Assad chemical weapons Bingo. Always comes through in March. What are we, about 100 disproven cases now? But don’t worrry, we’re “Experts”. We’re the Media.

V. Arnold
    Participant

“how little we still know about the virus.”

Indeed, we “know” nothing; and we know less on how to treat it…
    Some (damn few) seem to have understood it rather quickly; the rest? Not at all…
    I told my wife; no hospital, and no ventilators…
    Hopefully, it won’t come to that…so far, so good…

Captain Nemo
    Participant

From the daily report of the Robert-Koch-Institut (April 8, 2020, 00:00):
    CW n Tests performed n Tests positive Quotient (+/total n)
    11 127 457 7 582 5.9%
    12 348 619 23 820 6.8%
    13 360 964 31 347 8.7%
    14 392 984 35 389 9.0%
    Total death reported (RKI): 1861
    Sex distribution: 62% men
    Median age of deceased: 82 years (Range 28 to 105 years)
    Number of deceased < 60 y: 87
    Beds in ICUs: 14 255, of which 8218 are occupied, of which 1854 by patients with SARS-CoV2 positive tests.
    There are in average 2500 deaths per day in Germany. Therefore in the last four week roughly 70 000 had died, of which 1861 had a positive SARS-CoV2 test result.

Captain Nemo
    Participant

Sorry the numbers for the weekly testing were not user friendly:
    11 – 127457 – 7582 – 5.9%
    12 – 348619 – 23 820 – 6.8%
    13 – 360964 – 31347 – 8.7%
    14 – 392984 – 35389 – 9.0%

zerosum
    Participant

The bunny won’t stop dancing
    • Fauci: I Don’t Think We Should Shake Hands ‘Ever Again’ (Hill)

Ever heard, “If you don’t or if you do, you will be liable.”
    That fear if probably stronger than. ” You’ll lose your election.”

You laid out all the reasons why the USA will have more death than most countries. (Cost, obesity, poor health)

Oppps. Everyone is lying about their numbers.

Living conditions, environment, are indicating that the blacks and brown communities are being hit extra hard by the virus.

Since nobody is testing in the middle east, Mexico, Africa, and the camps of impoverished, displaced peoples in the middle east, Mexico, and Africa, etc. therefore, I wonder, will these places become rapid breeding grounds for the virus?

I don’t think that there is a one eyed man leading the blind and it would not matter. Grandma is in a care home and has dementia. The elites will have to operate in a very different political/social/economic environment without the wisdom of grandma.
    ————
    “…. some 82% of the population would need to be immune, either via a vaccine or because they’d already had the disease, in order to stop the virus from spreading.”

Let’s not assume that the 82% is of the present population. The death rate is at 20% of ????
    ——-
    • Americans Not Making Their Mortgage Payments Soar By 1064% In One Month (ZH)

Those who can get cash will be prowling the streets for dirt cheap deals.

But if the economic turmoil is long-lasting, the government will have to find a way to prevent foreclosures – which could mean forgiving some debt, said Tendayi Kapfidze, Chief Economist at LendingTree.

Let’s tell the whole truth, forgiving some debt and making the lenders whole. It will be a modern jubilee for the lenders and MMT for all.

Tomorrow, A suicide run will be …. A senior going shopping.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Led by Zeppelin, or, a short story on modern political society by Rudyard Kipling

“‘It’s protective instinct, my dear fellows,’ said Pirolo, rolling a cigarette. ‘The Planet, she has had her dose of popular government. She suffers from inherited agoraphobia. She has no–ah–use for Crowds.’

“Dragomiroff leaned forward to give him a light. ‘Certainly,’ said the white-bearded Russian, ‘the Planet has taken all precautions against Crowds for the past hundred years. What is our total population to-day? Six hundred million, we hope; five hundred, we think; but–but if next year’s census shows more than four hundred and fifty, I myself will eat all the extra little babies. We have cut the birth-rate out–right out! For a long time we have said to Almighty God, “Thank You, Sir, but we do not much like Your game of life, so we will not play.”‘

” ‘Anyhow,’ said Arnott defiantly, ‘men live a century apiece on the average now.’

” ‘Oh, that is quite well! I am rich–you are rich–we are all rich and happy because we are so few and we live so long. Only I think Almighty God He will remember what the Planet was like in the time of Crowds and the Plague. Perhaps He will send us nerves. Eh, Pirolo?’ ”

(link is to my hermit blog so as to spare Raul a deluge of text)

zerosum
    Participant

Proper wording for jubilee
    https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/fed-unveils-new-bailout-program-will-inject-23-trillion-loans
    Fed Unveils New Bailout Program, Will Provide Up To $2.3 Trillion In Loans To “Support Economy”

A Municipal Liquidity Facility which will offer as much as $500 billion in lending to states and municipalities, by directly purchasing that amount of short-term notes from states as well as large counties and cities
    Just write the invoice the right way and you can get the money to cover all your debts and expenses.

John Day
    Participant

What was up with Dr D. Rich yesterday, “I’m outta’ here”?
    The vaccination issue has been a long simmering feud between individual rights and societal needs, but it has been co-opted by pharmaceutical companies with disingenuous arguments and special protections. They vaccine manufacturers are exempted from demonstrating safety and immune from lawsuits, like the NSA and CIA effectively are.
    These exemptions need to be removed, vaccine side effects studied, study results that are swept under the rug, need to be openly discussed and followed up, and so on.
    We need a full and rational airing of what is actually happening, because the situation is not set up to protect the public, but “to protect the public” while making profits free of financial risk or responsibility.
    Bill Gates really sees himself and his class as managing the herds of human cattle. This is clear from decades of his expression of his views, though always diplomatically and with social graces.
    Bill is really invested in vaccines for the herd, especially special-feature vaccines.
    I ordered zinc 3 weeks ago, and it has not arrived yet. The Vitamin Shoppe in my area says their zinc comes in on Friday afternoons and is gone by Monday. We’ll try 4:00PM Friday, or Jenny will. I’ll be working.
    To whatever degree this crisis was planned, unplanned, turned into asymmetrical attack, or whatever, it is being manipulated by elites to support their own positions of power and control.
    It’s what they do. It’s who they are.
    They are also at odds with each other, and will go through a culling, themselves. Stay out of the culling-of-the-elites if you can.
    Don’t do social distancing and vegetable gardening from fear, do it from studied design, please.
    We are going into a new world, as many now observe.
    Do not wonder what it will be.
    FORGE IT, NOW!
    Strike while the iron is hot.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Most readers like best those poems of his where the ideas of emancipation, so characteristic of the Russian fifties, are expressed in a glorious storm of obscure eloquence, which, as one critic put it, “does not show you the enemy but makes you fairly burst with the longing to fight.”

V. Nabokov, A Forgotten Poet

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“To whatever degree this crisis was planned, unplanned, turned into asymmetrical attack, or whatever, it is being manipulated by elites to support their own positions of power and control. It’s what they do. It’s who they are. They are also at odds with each other, and will go through a culling, themselves. Stay out of the culling-of-the-elites if you can.”
    J. Day, blogster

John Day
    Participant

Blog post is up with picture of Austin kitchen-garden this morning. Tomato flowers and little green tomatoes starting.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/04/agency.html

sumac.carol
    Participant

I promised myself I would not wade in again but here I am.
    Open-ended (not knowing when it will end, with prognosticators signalling this could go on for months) stay-at-home rules, combined with stopping most economic activity can reasonably be expected to cause serious material and emotional hardship, and part of the package is domestic violence, self-destructive behavior. Severe stress does not bring out the best in anyone and, while we will save some people from the virus, some people will be thrown under the bus in the process. I agree that there are many dysfunctional families and household before the virus, but this fact needs to be a consideration, just as we acknowledge some people have weaker immune systems and are therefore more prone to catch diseases.

On the virus front and us knowing very little, I find it very frustrating that, other than me, no one seems to value the deep knowledge of the alternative health experts in the area of building the immune system and using broad-based natural pathogen killers. Cytokine storm situations are described as if we have not seen these before. I have provided links to alternative health experts (of which there are many, in addition to the ones I know of) but the conversation immediately switches back to impatience about the lack of a pill or shot we can take. If the argument is that alternative health folks don’t all sing from the same song sheets, I suggest you take another look at the conventional health experts.
    As has been mentioned by many, a healthy immune system is one necessary component to fighting the virus. However, a healthy immune system does not come in a pill or a shot, but lots of pills and shots do a serious number on your immune system, not to mention eating conventionally raised meat full of antibiotics and conventionally grown grains that are dessicated with Roundup, both of which do a serious number on your intestinal flora, your first line of defence in your immune system.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Oh one other point: if you don’t have a healthy immune system, your body will not be able to generate an effective response to a vaccine anyway. That may be part of the reason (the other part may be related to underlting health conditions or poor diet) why they are seeing deficient numbers of antibodies in some people. This is also why it is not a good idea to focus so much on vaccinating old people for everything- their immune systems are not strong enough to generate an effective response.

zerosum
    Participant

” This is also why it is not a good idea to focus so much on vaccinating old people for everything- their immune systems are not strong enough to generate an effective response.”

I agree. However, I think this flue virus is going to outlive me. I feel healthy enough to think that I will not die from the virus but die with it stuffed into a inactive corner of my healthy immune system.

If this flu has had a variation running around before then I expect that my healthy immune system picked up some defense because I’ve had to cuddle and hug two young grand kids with fevers this past December.
    🙂

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/south-korean-scientists-warn-covid-19-can-spontaneously-reactivate-cured-patients
    South Korean Scientists Warn: COVID-19 Can Spontaneously “Reactivate” In Cured Patients

Researchers in Seoul have found several cases wherein patients who’ve recovered from COVID-19 have seen the disease “reactivate”, possibly because the virus was still lying dormant inside them, and had been reawakened, somehow.

Fear of re-infection in recovered patients is also growing in China, following a string of reports claiming some patients had tested positive again – or even died from the disease – after supposedly recovering and leaving hospital.

As of now, scientists are still trying to understand this phenomenon, and nothing is set in stone.

But we fact that there’s a growing body of evidence to suggest that many people just can’t build up an immunity to this drug doesn’t bode well for prospects of a universally effective vaccine.

Dr. D
    Participant

“The idea that you can be completely negligent of your health and not sleeping enough, eating junk, being overweight and not exercising, but now choose to take the painstaking measures of wearing a mask to protect your health, not only shows you care about your health at a deep level but will also more than make up for years of absolute neglect
    .” Fact!

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Is This The Dawning Of The ‘Age Of Schadenfreude?’

“Over the years people have tried to analyze why we feel schadenfreude—evolutionary psychologists say it’s a way for us to assess risk and 19th-century Darwinian scholars suggested it was a behavior associated with “survival of the fittest”—but people have never really gotten comfortable with those academic explanations. You might outwardly protest that you don’t feel joy in seeing another person suffer, before returning to “fail” videos on YouTube.”

PlanetaryCitizen
    Participant

Schadenfreude! I say it’s the projection of one’s own unconscious self hatred onto another. Easier to judge and condemn others instead of oneself for the same failing. Therefore judge not lest you know what!

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Coronavirus claims an unexpected victim: Florida vegetables

“Thousands of acres of fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are being plowed over or left to rot because farmers can’t sell to restaurants, theme parks or schools nationwide that have closed because of the coronavirus.”

zerosum
    Participant

boscohorowitz

The veg are not being sold at a loss.
    Canada need to wake up.
    Don’t sell the oil at a loss.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

“So…According to CDC own numbers, pneumonia has dropped off a cliff, 90° down. Along with heart attacks and some other numbers. I know people are sitting around a lot, but…really?”

No, actually. Here is the CDC data: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

John Day
    Participant

I saw a guy, the stepfather of a low IQ patient of mine, who always came to clinic with him, almost 3 weeks ago. We greeted each other in the waiting room, brief , friendly how-ya-doin’, and I went back in to work.
    That was his last good day. I found out from my patient about 10 days later that his stepdad got central chest pain the next evening, went to bed, did not want to go to a hospital due to coronavirus, and was found cold and dead with his hands over his heart the next day. Nice guy. Good guy. Died in his own bed. I can’t judge. He made his decision.

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    ₿oogaloo
    Participant

Re: “Notes on Jurisprudence”

I do not want to wish harm on anyone, but if District Judge Vanessa Baraitser dies from the coronavirus, it would help me to believe that maybe, just maybe, there is some justice in this world after all.

V. Arnold
    Participant

What was up with Dr D. Rich yesterday, “I’m outta’ here”?

I have the same question.
    His flouncing out of here lacked any context…

₿oogaloo
    Participant

I have the same question.
    His flouncing out of here lacked any context…

I am guessing it was a reaction to all of the recent stressful changes. The world has changed.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I am guessing it was a reaction to all of the recent stressful changes. The world has changed.

Indeed; but I was left with the impression it was something here…
    Dunno…

Dr. D
    Participant

Your chart was inclusive of Covid. We’re talking about ones like this:
    Pnu
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/3ehhg.png

Of which data needs further investigation, but is not salutary to their case. Apparently heart attacks are the same. And as your client, many choose not to hospital, and therefore die at home. NYC has many stories of this right now, for which they media is claiming they are all therefore Wu Flu, because it has been known for people to keel over in the streets. …But heart attacks ALSO make you keel over in the streets and are normal. So I have heard (but trouble finding charts, data in flux, etc) that NYC heart attacks have somehow all halted, and I would bet that they are being reported as Wu, just like the Pneumonia chart above. Why? No tests.

This goes to another problem, where death certificate reporting rules may conflict with CDC reporting rules, that Death Certs are supposed to make only statements of fact. However, the CDC is indeed free to rule any plausible symptom or situation as “likely” Covid, and the two would conflict if you went and researched them all one by one. The CDC is not a government agency and has no legal liability looming over them as a death certificate does. They are just a private agency that helps with disease control and can essentially do whatever they please, make up anything they want, and only have political consequences. Like WHO, they don’t even have monetary consequences as private individuals like Gates and Dorsey can fund them if the national governments get mad with their abysmal failure that helps kill thousands, as just happened last week. #AntiLogos. No cause and effect. No consequences.

Dr. D
    Participant

Hey remember this blast from the past?
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-apr-27-sci-swine-history27-story.html

“Swine flu ‘debacle’ of 1976 is recalled” -LA Times Not exactly right-wing.

““The government wanted everyone to get vaccinated,” Ward said. “But the epidemic never really broke out. It was a threat that never materialized.”

What did materialize were cases of a rare side effect thought to be linked to the shot. The unexpected development cut short the vaccination effort — an unprecedented national campaign — after 10 weeks.

The episode triggered an enduring public backlash against flu vaccination, embarrassed the federal government and cost the director of the U.S. Center for Disease Control, now known as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, his job.”

Huh, you mean they’ve been doing this every 12 years for DECADES? Killing thousands, paying billions in damages?

Yes. Yes. Yes. And it still works Every. Time. There is no POSSIBLE level of failure that can discredit the experts, the authorities, weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaeda, we are not wiretapping Americans, RussiaRussiaRussia. So if everyone loves that so much, who am I to say?

P.S. where’d that Zika thing go? Or ebola? Or H1N1? Weren’t some of them Class 6 pandemics, we were all going to die unless we gave CDC/WHO/Pfizer tons more money? Come on, people: Every YEAR? Please stop for me. At least make it 25 or 50 years before you forget.

PlanetaryCitizen
    Participant

You see, that’s what happens when people self quarantine. They don’t get exposed to contagious diseases like the flu and the pneumonia mortality rate drops off a cliff. Whoda thunk? But conspiracies are so much more fun. Gotta wonder who is smoking what in the comment section of this site. Keep up the good work Raul. There are things I don’t agree on with you but on the Covid19 it so happens I do.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Dr D: I am not sure what that chart you posted is purporting to show. The first link listed only claims to have flu data. The second has data for flu and pneumonia, but it appears to me that the reference to “pneumonia” means pneumonia linked to influenza.

Another problem with the chart: The last data point for week 12 had only partial data. That data point has been revised up to 3697, meaning week 12 was higher than week 11. The data for week 13 is now available, but is only 93% complete at the time of this post, and shows a jump from week 12 to week 13. The second link is archived data of this page, and this is the current page:

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

There is also a statement on the site that they are taking data from death certificates they receive from the states, and data can be revised when death certificates are updated.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.