Debt Rattle August 9 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 9 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Odilon Redon Street in Samois 1888   • UK Economy Contracts On Back Of Brexit Uncertainty (G.) • The Dramatic Drop In Sterling Is Only A Taste Of
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 9 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

11:01 on August 9, 1945 the U.S. dropped the second atomic bomb, in Japan, on Nagasaki.
    I was just 26 days old on August 9th.
    It seems to me that August 6th (Hiroshima) and 9th, 1945 should never be forgot; but mark those days for humanity, in infamy, for time immemorial…
    The real tragedy is that it wasn’t necessary: The Japanese were guinea pigs and not white/caucasian.
    But that’s history not written for the masses…
    There are some things that should never be forgot…

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/08/world-starvation-war.html
    Sister Caitlin in Oz:
    (I think the US has been subsumed by the Evil Empire of Sith Lords, but I can’t see them. They are hidden. They mind control the politicians. The last Jedi warrior got shot in Dallas, when I was a kid. “There was another”, but he got shot in LA.)
    Reports coming out of Venezuela claim that President Maduro has just seized a shipment of food with the explicit goal of starving the Venezuelan people into submission.
    Oh wait, no, sorry, I misread that. Did I say Maduro? I meant America.
    “Venezuela’s Vice president Delcy Rodriguez denounced Wednesday that a ship containing 25 thousand tonnes of Soya has been seized in the Panama Canal due to the U.S. blockade while calling on the United Nations to take action against the ‘serious aggression’ that impede Venezuela ‘right to food’,” reports TeleSUR English.
    “The shipment seizure comes just days after Trump signed an executive order Monday that imposes a near-total blockade on government assets in that country, which includes an embargo against food suppliers, among other basic inputs,” the report reads.

US Empire Tightens Sanctions On Venezuela And Manning

Russia has made deals with Iran for Russian military to be stationed at 2 Iranian ports for the foreseeable future, and also for Russia to develop Iranian oil fields and control all the oil pumped from them and get it for about 2/3 of open market value. This is not a very good deal for Iran, which has always been wary of Russia. It does look like the only deal, though. Iran payed too much for the ho-hum S-300 missile system, too.
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Russia-Gains-Stranglehold-Over-Persian-Gulf.html

In what context does this make sense? 4 Ukrainian soldiers were killed in an ambush, which President Zelinsky believes to have been sprung by Donetsk separatists, who really want to be left alone in peace. This makes it harder to negotiate (again) peace. Zelinsky called Putin to ask him very nicely to help the Donetsk Russian-Ukrainian-separatists not sneak attack Ukrainian soldiers, so they can all negotiate peace and cooperation again. (I have to wonder who really did the sneak attack, maybe somebody does NOT want peace, but who could that be?)
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-07/ukraines-zelensky-presses-putin-peace-talks-after-four-soldiers-killed

It’s a bad year for American farmers, with bad weather, and the loss of Chinese markets, and the last 6 years of losing money in the rear-view mirror. Fortunately, these weaponized pawn of the empire will be able to carry much higher debt loads into bankruptcy. The banks would rather foreclose in a good year than a bad year, I’m sure. (I presume this legislation has a clause somewhere to let us save the bankers from losses.)
    The bipartisan bill, designated as the Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019, increases the total debt load of how much a farmer can have to meet the qualifications to file Chapter 12 bankruptcy, to $10 million from the prior $4 million ceiling.
    According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) data, operating a farm today involves much higher costs than it did three decades ago. Experts say without a complete reform of the law, mom-and-pop farmers would be subjected to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, which is expensive and chaotic.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-06/here-are-signs-us-govt-preparing-farmageddon

Department of Pre-Crime, Thanks Eleni.

​The FBI has published a document that concludes that “conspiracy theories” can motivate believers to commit crimes.https://www.scribd.com/document/420379775/FBI-Conspiracy-Theory-Redacted#download
    ​ ​Considering the growing acceptance of pre-emptive arrest, that is, arresting someone before they can commit a crime that they are suspected of planning to commit, challenging official explanations, such as those offered for the assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King or the official explanation for 9/11, can now result in monitoring by authorities with a view to finding a reason for pre-emptive arrest.
    ​ ​What the FBI report does, intentionally or unintentionally, is to define a conspiracist as a person who doubts official explanations. In other words, it is a way of preventing any accountability of government.Whatever the government says, no matter how obvious a lie, will have to be accepted as fact or we will be put on a list to be monitored for preemptive arrest.
    ​ ​In effect, the FBI’s document reduces the First Amendment, that is, free speech, to the right to repeat official and prevailing explanations. Any other speech is a conspiratorial belief that can lead to the commission of a crime.
    https://www.unz.com/proberts/an-open-invitation-to-tyranny/

US Calls China “Thuggish Regime” For Releasing Identity Of US Official Caught Meeting With HK Protesters​ (Pot, you’re black…)
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-08/evidence-cia-meeting-hk-protest-leaders-china-summons-us-diplomats-over-viral-photo

India is moving on Kashmir after gutting Kashmir’s constitutional protection and turning off electricity and communications. China may be tied down in other areas, and Pakistan is much smaller than India.
    Citing local media, Reuters described that “troops on the border had exchanged heavy fire and that Pakistani troops have fired mortars in the clashes.” The exchange of fire took place according to local media at the Sunderbani Sector along the Line of Control (LOC) after 10pm local time, with each side blaming the other for breaching a ceasefire.
    Though few details were given, especially with a near total communications blackout on the Indian-administered side in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), military observers have been expecting intensifying shelling and clashes between the nuclear armed rivals after earlier this week the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata leadership in New Delhi revoked Article 370 of the constitution which protected Muslim-majority J&K’s special autonomous status.
    Unverified social media reports from regional observers say the death toll is mounting amid a broad Indian crackdown on its side of the LOC.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-07/heavy-clashes-erupt-between-indian-pakistani-forces-kashmir

democritus
    Participant

If they are worried about the value of the pound they could raise interest rates. No doubt they will say this would be bad for the economy. But devaluing the pound ought to be good for the economy. Does anyone understand it? How about printing some money and paying the poor to vote remain?

Chris M
    Participant

By Mr. Meijer the other day:

“Cheap abundant energy is the worst thing that could happen to mankind and the planet.”

I think it’s called the sun, no? 😏

Benjamin Franklin said there were three ways for a nation (and an individual, for that matter) to become wealthy:

1. Go to war against another nation and steal its wealth.

2. Trade with another nation and gain the upper hand by cheating.

3. Plant a seed and watch new wealth being created as if by a miracle.

zerosum
    Participant

We, at TAE, can see that yesterday is slipping away.
    There are many elites finding ways of turning up the heat,
    The frogs still cannot notice the change in temp.
    The big silence is near.

OPPPS!

I just remembered …. We, at TAE, are not out of the pot.

scraplet
    Participant

Over the past three years, politics has been increasingly blind to the concerns of ordinary people.

Ha! Words printed in the Guardian, written by a Tory MP for one of the wealthiest London dormitory counties in the UK!

Come north, Sam Gyimah MP, to the former coalfields, where I reside.

See: towns and villages gutted during the the Thatcher / Major Tory governments, which have never recovered. We didn’t notice the ’08 crisis, because it felt the same as it was before the ‘crisis’!

Visit: former collieries and steel works, which are now literally museums to the past.

Speak to: two generations who know nothing but decline, dependence, and increasingly, poverty.

Hear from: 60-70% of the voting population of “ordinary people” who voted for Brexit, and are just fine with ‘no deal’.

Then: fuck-off back to Surrey and ignore all of this, just as you have for 30+ years.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Chris M,

Are you familiar with the concept of net energy/EROEI? Sunlight is sunlight; fossil fuels are concentrated, ancient sunlight. The sun is abundant, for sure. But is it cheap? Not if you want to live in an industrial economy.

Dr. D
    Participant

“nobody is stopping to think about the impact it would have on the everyday lives of the people we serve as politicians.”

Great rhetoric, problem is, the PEOPLE TOLD YOU WHAT THEY WANTED. Now once again, the schmartz-guyz say, “Nah, we know best. That’s not REALLY what you want.” No, actually it was. “But it’ll be hard.” Yes, I don’t think a single person who voted Leave didn’t realize it would be very difficult, probably cause a recession, and possibly drive the Pound to 1:1, BUT IT WOULD BE WORTH IT. It was worth remaining British, worth having your freedom, that freedom should not vanish from the earth.

But of course they know better. “I want you to be a slave, why wouldn’t YOU want to be a slave, I care not whether to Westminster or to Europe, since we are the same.”

And his main beef? All those London-Westminster minions have to pay an extra C-bill for their sex-slave vacations in Romania and Ibiza. Well paint me with butter and call me a muffin folks, people in Blackpool will just be all broken up to hear that.

“unprecedented, unconstitutional and anti-democratic abuse of power”

May was ousted, and BoJo put in expressly TO enact this “major policy decision”, that was the point. So what you’re saying is, we need an election to clarify, but after we have the election, you’re not allowed to implement policy because a) we’re not really really really really sure about the last Referendum, vote of confidence, election, and outster…might just be an accident, should ask again, and b) we, the opposition obviously would love to have an election 100% the time, and prevent your policy 100% the time. Therefore you can’t enact policy because someday one of our election attempts will succeed. Do I have this right? Right.

By the way, no-deal is not a “Decision”, the decision was made in the Referendum, and confirmed in the election. It’s nothing new, no change at all. Doesn’t matter if he brought in a team to make it happen, that’s his right as PM, and those are his legal delegates. I’d say if you don’t like it, vote him out, but apparently elections don’t matter anymore: win or lose, you are not allowed to implement policy, and whatever the people want or express, the only thing that matters is what the “In” crowd in Westminster tells you to do. That’s Democracy!

Like or or not, if you start down this road, where elections no longer mean one side gets to steer for a while, then the immediate result will be shooting in the streets for means of control instead. Everyone good with that? I’m not. That way there be monsters.

“FBI Director Christopher Wray as “Trump’s personal enforcers,”

Gosh, these guys might want to wiki “FBI” because they have never heard of “J. Edgar Hoover.” Yes, the FBI is a lawless, crooked, political enforcement body* and always has been. There hasn’t been a year since their birth they weren’t spying, rigging, arresting, tampering, and oppressing. Problem is, these guys want all that crooked violent, illegal corruption for THEMSELVES and are mad somebody else is using it. Aw. (*I should add the caveat, “at the top.” Agents themselves are generally normal policemen, as in every occupation, subverted in their jobs by management corruption springing pals and playing favorites)

“Good people lie”

Sure, James. Policemen are always good and always mean well when they perjure themselves on the stand, fabricate and withhold evidence, and imprison unjustly, because they actually believe all the people they don’t like must be guilty of something we-not-sure-what. (Cue RussiaRussiaRussia) I’m sure us citizens will understand all the years of perjury and railroading, because we are subject to it all the time, and are imprisoned forever or shot for the slightest infraction. But so we have it, clear admission: Comey, and apparently all his managers and coworkers over the years, literally cannot tell good from bad, right from wrong, legal from illegal. We know, but thanks for making it clear in a simple quote.

P.S. he also has no loyalty, throwing anyone but himself under the bus to be mangled for life. I’m sure any other FBI boy scout would do the same. Because Boy Scout/mustache-villain, who can really tell the difference?

“Uber Loses $5.2 Billion on $3.2 Billion in Revenue (WS)”

Who cares? Powell will just spray Uber and everybody else (aka “all my friends”) with the money fire hose.

“Italians need certainty and a government that does things, not a ‘Mr No’,”

A lot of people disagree with this statement, since the government destroys literally everything it ever touches over the last 5,000 years. Best thing we could do is pay them to play golf instead of helping us. War on Crime and Poverty, anyone?

“It will be a peaceful protest as long as the police do not show up…”

Obviously, it would be a peaceful, perfect world if everybody did what I wanted and no one opposed me. By extension, of course, “All this violence is YOUR fault!” Spoken like any 2-year-old.

Should redo the slave map for human trafficking, which apparently only one half of one party cares about or is going after. It would be illuminating to see which party’s territory has nearly all the neuvo slaves, but apparently NY and Miami are on the “strongly support” list.

“The Japanese were guinea pigs and not white/caucasian.”

Aw V that’s horse-puckey. They immediately did the Bikini tests and irradiated all the U.S. and French sailors on purpose for amusement, for which thousands died. Today, we’re using D.U. throughout all our Iraq deploys and killing the soldier’s wives at home. Like Comey, sadly they cannot distinguish right from wrong, and are mentally unable to care which race or person they murder. Race is just meant to have us fight each other.

Chris M
    Participant

Ken,

My broader point, which I think may be shared by Mr.Meijer, is that we will have to localize and use carbohydrates instead of hydrocarbons to power ourselves.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.