Debt Rattle Boxing Day 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Boxing Day 2022

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    irwin
    Participant

This photo comparison is clearly misleading. It’s the Fallacy of Omission.
    The omission is that NYC next to the ocean and the ocean has tides.

John Day
    Participant

@AFKTT: Uranium, depleted of the most radioactive isotopes, useful in reactors, is still a liability, which needs to be disposed of (as was the asbestos in the WTC in New York), unless it can be transformed into a product.
    There are 2 more elegant “solutions” rolled-into the use of uranium as armor-piercing rounds.
    As the very heavy uranium, moving very fast, dissipates a tremendous amount of kinetic energy to pierce tank armo(u)r, it becomes so hot that it transforms into a super-heated gas, which explosively combines with oxygen, like a white-phosphorous grenade does, killing anybody in the tank, and “disappearing”.
    It is no longer a liability. It has been disposed of. It drifts away as uranium oxide, landing on dirt, streams, fields of grain and playgrounds.

WES
    Participant

Thinking Inside The Box (Boxing Day)

In the big scheme of things, I am not sure our western elites will be anymore successful than the communist were in Russia.

The communist’s need for total control required implementing a system that made every Russian look stupid, no matter how hard the Russians tried to make it work.

Our western elites’ need for total control requires implementing a system that makes every one of us look stupid (woke), no matter how hard we try to make it work.

Two different control systems equals the same outcome.
    They pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work!
    It takes a lot of people to control everybody.
    If everybody is watching, then who is left working?
    If you are indeed working, then you are obviously out-of-control!

upstateNYer
    Participant

WES: “In the big scheme of things, I am not sure our western elites will be anymore successful than the communist were in Russia.”

Exactly. Excellent comment. They need to knock the shit off. Hasn’t worked so far, isn’t going to start working now.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@Dr. D: appreciate you lifting the veil and opening new dimensions for contemplation and discussion.

“ Joshua was born, from the very first moment, to die for our sins. Which is yet another complication, in that he didn’t “Die for our sins” but to rend the veil and re-open the direct path between man and heaven.”

Yes. The sin is in a misunderstanding of the greatest sin = Separation. When we are in separation the power flows to anyone/anything other than Heaven.

“ But he was laid in a manger as his first act because although it appeared he was born to be King, and throw off the Romans, he was actually born to die, and to throw off a far greater, more vital oppression – that of the separation between man and God.”

Is the magic you refer to – really mystery? The unknowable? Something that requires blind faith to believe? Blind faith being the realm of intuition. Where the inner voice exists. Where knowing is whispered, not in words.

Keep asking. And knocking.

LOVE to All Seekers.

Apologies for errors – am on my iPhone stuck in Sacramento trying to get to SoCA for a visit. Delayed not cancelled.

@Oroboros
    : Pugs! So funny!!

Watch out for us red heads.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Susmarie108: you’re a red head? Me too! lol. Mine is getting kind of salt and red pepper now but …

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Hedges is a member of the Left who critiques the Left. He is often myopic when talking about the Right. It is very important for factions to have members that perform and utter criticism of itself. He has had career hell to pay because of it. Jimmy Dore does this as well. However, in Hedges’ case, for whatever reason, (I don’t know enough about the details of Hedges’ life to guess why,) he has not turned his critical eye towards the architects of Covid and fell, hook, line, and sinker, for TDS. This is too bad — because the Left really needs as much internal criticism as can be shoved towards it these days.

Oroboros
    Participant

@Susmarie108

Pugs are a riot!

Dave Collum loves his Boston Terriers, close cousin to the Pug but he thinks is far classier.

He posted thisTweet:

Dave “All Roads Lead to Ukraine” Collum
    @DavidBCollum

Walking 20 lb Boston Terrier in park.

Old Bitty: “Hey. There are leash laws you know?”

Me: “I think of them as guidelines. By the way, where is your mask?”

Went downhill from there. I tell my wife the story.

Wife: “You are such a teenager.”

Me: ………

He posted this photo, [my caption]

Boston Terrier finding out he’s a father

…thinking….I thought that was just a one night stand!

omg….child support!

Dave “All Roads Lead to Ukraine” Collum

Everything Is Worse Than You Think

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Obviously the speech writers had plenty of time to formulate the right propaganda narratives for the Clown-Actor to deliver in the soon-to-be-closed ‘bakery’ with supposed connections to the money-laundering hub of NATO.

And I see the hands of The Clown-Actor are very busy., much as the claws of The Scorpion are always very busy.

Have just done my local shopping for essentials I cannot produce myself -by bike, of course- and the main topics of conversation were “Getting away from the overpopulated, toxic air” locations to “Where there are fewer people and more breathable air,” plus “The price of everything is going up.”

At the checkout I was thinking “The cost of these few items would have fed a family for a week when I arrived on Airstrip Five.” Literally fed a family for a week, such has been the devaluation of fiat currencies by central banks and the gangs of thieves that have comprised ‘governments’ over the past 50 years.

$1.70 each for sweetcorn. You gotta be kidding. No thanks. I’ll wait a little longer for my free* ones.

$9.50 a kilo for plums. No thanks. Have eaten the early season plums and am waiting for the mid-season plums to ripen.

*Cost of labour not included.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Got to go and do some more work.

One last word for now: ENTROPY. The tendency of systems to progress towards a state of greater disorder.

Entropy can, in the short term, be countered by the input of ENERGY.

But in closed systems the production of ENERGY and utilisation of ENERGY cause an overall increase in ENTROPY.

All the available evidence supports the notion that the Universe is a closed system on time scales that matter.

Oroboros
    Participant

On ChatGBT: the future “Deep Fakes” of blog commentary.
    This Chat thing will eventually appropriate the IDs of commenters, and create disconcerting responses- and the original poster will be shadowed. Substack is too good to stand unmolested- those substackers who know each other will know, but general readership won’t.
    We’ll have to be checking the computers and phones of others to make sure what is typed is what shows up.
    That being written, all the bad poetry coming from “my parents said know” was written by ChatGBT; while all good poems will have been written by me. 😉

Redneck
    Participant

HHHHHHILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

WES
    Participant

AFKTT:

Entropy is a very good word to describe what I saw while working in a Siberian coal way back in 1983 USSR. We were there to try and increase coal production. Obviously, we failed to increase energy production enough to prevent the communist from hitting the wall.

Your growing potatoes is not the actions your masters want!

If your water flows counter-closkwise a little slower than it used to, it might have something to do with the current planet/stars alignment causing a 14% change in the earth’s orbit. Up here, water flowing clockwise is slower because the water molecules are too cold to move!

John Day
    Participant

@Susmarie108 & Dr. D:
    “Magic” is sort of a loaded term; hard to define. To me it signifies a misunderstanding of something that just happened, or somebody just did, a thing which is not possible in one’s understanding of the world.
    “Mystery” is less loaded, but can be taken as having deeper or more superficial implications.

If we replace “magic” with “mystery” regarding the human incarnation of Divinity, then it is clearly deep-meaning. My understanding is that this was a choice of Deity, seeking to know the route to reunion from the human perspective, in order to better facilitate that reunion.
    I think that there is no dys-union from Divine-perspective. That seems correct to me whether I am more or less open to Divinity at the moment.

It seems that the Divine, having incarnated as Jesus of Nazareth, and having tackled the complex challenges of a human life, including loving-people-who-were-torturing-him-to-death for a whole day or more, is ideally equipped to help humans open the channel into the “mystery”.
    I think the “mystery” is knowable y humans. I think that was the whole point of that incarnation.
    I’m not a Buddhist practitioner because I don’t appreciate Jesus, but because the teachings of Buddha were mostly kept alive, and added to through the lives of others walking the path he explained.
    I was frustrated in my search of the real teachings of Jesus, so I had to take a side-step into Buddhism, which also leads to Truth. I don’t think there are multiple “truths” in spirituality, nor in physics.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, which are not “Truth”.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Well, … if wish to talk to someone in the U.S. about sea level raise,

Best policy in the US would be to say no post-disaster FEMA rebuilding in any coastal flood zones. Next storm to destroy it, it’s gone. No more federal help to rebuild. Private flood insurance only. All public funds to be dedicated to building infrastructure on higher ground.

davidveale
    Participant

@JohnDay — with regards to “depleted” uranium munitions…

A friend related to me the sad story of his grandson-in-law, who served as a mechanic during the first gulf war where these munitions saw their first widespread use. He was heavily involved in salvage and moving many Iraqi vehicles that had been hit with this.

My friend did not know the full details, but he explained that the man’s ears “fell off” shortly before he died. Sounds to me like radiation poisoning.

I’ve read of an account of some Dutch soldiers who also participated in that war. Looking for a place to spend the night, they came upon a group of American soldiers who were camped out in a building that had been hit with these munitions. Unlike the Americans, the Dutch soldiers happened to have a geiger counter with them. The readings on the counter encouraged them to keep looking for a safe place to spend the night.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

A couple of quotes concerning magic in the esoteric tradition:

“The experimental proof (magic): This proof consists in knowing the pertaining laws of nature
    and the method of their application and in using physical etheric material energies to bring about
    changes also in gross physical matter. Magic, however, has been prohibited for a number of
    reasons. Its use would put a weapon in the hands of mankind’s potential bandits and tempt them
    into all sorts of crime. Scientists have dubbed the magicians frauds and called all such phenomena
    impossible, since they “conflict with the laws of nature”. The magicians have been martyrs in other
    ways too. Those hungry for sensations demand more and more of them. Those in need of help
    besiege their victims with their demands. The curious want all their problems solved for them.”

“Magic is knowledge of the method of using mental material energy to influence physical etheric
    material energies to bring about changes in the visible molecular kinds. That method will remain
    esoteric, since mankind is too hopelessly ignorant and too egoistic to be entrusted with this terrible
    power. Inasmuch as all power is abused (at the best only on account of ignorance) mankind must be
    content to be ignorant of all forces of nature other than those it has succeeded in discovering by
    itself. That knowledge is entrusted only to those who cannot possibly abuse power.”

If a person possessed this ability, only the closest disciples would be aware of it, and they silent. Do the mental experiment yourself and see where it leads. After many years of preparation and seeking you are finally initiated into a secret esoteric school and learn the heavily guarded method of manipulating matter. Being blessed with the energetic equipment which makes it possible, and now knowing the technique, you decide to show your friends, disobeying both oath and counsel… strictly to help open their minds, of course.

The result: “It’s witchcraft!” “He has a Devil!” “Show me how you did it… Please, please, please!” “OK smartass, if you can really do what you say, turn this rock into gold!” Etc. Etc. Etc. Next thing you know the NSA is throwing a black bag over your head and it’s off to a secret facility for a lengthy interrogation with sodium pentothal. Not exactly what you had in mind, is it?

Bill7
    Participant

I think what’s most important is to find areas in which an individual has very little / no control- Magnetic field phase-shifts, geoengineering, Nookyulear War, and such- and apply focused attention to them. There will be nothing else of import happening in the interim, anyway.

Bill7
    Participant

Carl Schumacher put a lovely, gentle reverse sheer into the lines of his Express 27:
    http://express27.org/articles/practical_sailor A good boat.

She went upwind decently too, for a ULDB. I’m sorry Carl Schumacher died young. My buddy had one of his Capo 26s , that he cruised singlehanded up and down the West Coast.

Bill7
    Participant
    Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The Airstrip Two officer responsible for ‘safety’ concerns relating to the contamination of troops with DU died a nasty death from contamination with DU. I can’t recall the name at the moment.

It was all hushed up, as is normal for the Empire of Lies.

20 years ago a friend was convinced a cloud of DU dust (as per John Day’s explanation) was going to spread around the globe -as in ‘On the Beach’ book and film.

I pointed out to him that the atomic mass of uranium is so high (234-238) that particles of UO2, U3O8, would fall out of the air fairly quickly, air having an average molecular mass of around 29.

Since the half-life is so long, wherever the uranium oxide dust landed [in Iraq] must still be highly radioactive.

Boxing Day. When I was a wee lad I thought it had something to do with men hitting one another. Later I discovered it was about putting large items, especially fancy hats, into boxes, for transport.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.