Debt Rattle December 10 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 10 2015

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Unknown GMC truck Associated Oil fuel tanker, San Francisco 1935 • If It Owns a Well or a Mine, It’s Probably in Trouble (NY Times) • Credit Card Data
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 10 2015]

Raleigh
    Participant

Ayaan Hirsi Ali – former Muslim, beautiful, gentle lady, speaks with Anderson Cooper. Four minutes. First part speaks of the shooting in San Bernardino, how these shooters were radicalized in 2012, long before ISIS had a caliphate. They were already radicalized!

“What it tells me is what I have been telling you and everyone else all along, that hundreds and hundreds of thousands of Muslims are radicalized around the world and in the United States of America as well. […] The people who have that mentality and that mindset (more pious, take the Koran literally) ARE NOT A MINORITY and they ARE NOT A FRINGE MINORITY.”

At the end she says she doesn’t agree with Trump because she thinks it will give false hope to the American people, that somehow they’ll think he’s going to be able to solve the problem. Of course, she is right, because if you want to solve a problem, it must come from within the individual, and the radicalized individual does not see anything wrong with himself. He sees us as infidels who need to be killed and sees himself as perfect and pure.

I say Trump can’t do any worse than is being done right now. Love Taibbi, but it’s not a surprise that he would go after Trump. What is surprising are the Dick Cheney’s speaking up, the establishment. They are running scared, and they are getting very angry. I mean, this guy could really upset their established way of life.

What Trump has said is stop all new Muslim immigration (not athletes, not U.S. citizens) temporarily, just until we can find out “why there is so much hatred towards us” and where it’s coming from. Can’t you just picture the military/industrial establishment wanting him to look into that, to open that can of worms.

Unless this is all show, it appears the upper crust is getting antsy, and I like that. Let them feel the screws like we have. It’s about time.

Kirk Waln
    Participant

American TV parades a seemingly endless series of variously qualified “experts” on Islam, most of whom will say something scary like this lady’s story and a few will say the opposite. The truth is almost certainly something completely different than either extreme presented and is probably not validly expressed as a percentage of Muslims since they’re about as homogeneous as Christians . . . but it’s our misfortune that the average American (in the newsroom and living room) typically has a hard time addressing any subject in other than black and white. Along those lines, the almost total lack of any nuance to his rhetoric seems to be Trump’s big appeal and the fact that he isn’t beholden to the Party leadership is the source of that leadership’s angst. While I admit to feeling a certain amount of schadenfreude for the Republicans predicament, the fact that ANY of the current crop of Republican candidates are simply slightly more nuanced versions of Trump is altogether frightening.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.