Debt Rattle December 19 2014

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 19 2014

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

John Vachon Trucks loaded with mattresses at San Angelo, Texas Nov 1939 • Oil Crash Exposes New Risks for U.S. Shale Drillers (Bloomberg) • North Sea
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 19 2014]

Raleigh
    Participant

Thad Beversdorf: “However, so many of us still maintain that America is the greatest nation in the world. We swear that America represents all that is good; freedom, democracy, merit based capitalism and the rights of the individual. That is true America does represent such things. However, I’ve made the suggestion many times that it is fraudulent to consider our current nation America. America was a concept that promoted all that is good. And so it would seem that the nation in which we find ourselves cannot be America. Our nation today represents the will of the political class at all costs, period. Their sole motivation is themselves. Very different from America. And so perhaps we need a renaming of our nation, at least until or if we the people decide to take it back and reintroduce the world to the concept that is America for as we discussed above you cannot destroy a concept and so there is hope to bring her back. But until then we need a name for this geographic region and its new societal system. I expect Neoconica is a fitting name. But I’d certainly be interested to hear some other suggestions.”

Neoconica is a great name, but most wouldn’t get it. Psychopathica would also be appropriate, but most wouldn’t get it. Narcissistica would probably be the most accurate (as I believe almost everyone believes that “something for nothing” is great, as long as they’re getting it, and who cares if the other guy gets screwed).

Candyland? Fantastica? Fictionalica? Delusionalica?

Narcissists feel they are exceptional (and are usually far from it), they lack empathy, exploit others, feel entitled. Okay, you can argue that the average person is not getting the information (which they’re not), but where is the personal responsibility for standing back and asking the question: is my behavior or my country’s behavior causing harm or good? Narcissists get very angry when things are taken away from them; after all, they’re entitled!

I like Narcissistica.

Raleigh
    Participant

By the way, I believe narcissists are not born that way. They have been carefully molded by parents, the education system, advertising, media, government, propaganda. It makes sense: if the elite are psychopathic/narcissistic (which they are), then who are you going to mold? A bunch of do-gooders or more of yourself? I’d argue you would want people just like yourself so that when you’re up to no good, most people are going to understand your behavior, as they’ve done the same things themselves.

It has been a carefully orchestrated and engineered molding of minds.

Michael Lewis’ article from a few days ago suggested we not allow the most intelligent to work on Wall Street. Good point, but there are lots of intelligent people who are not going to commit fraud, etc. I don’t think it’s solely intelligence that causes the problems. It’s the mixture of intelligence and psychopathy. Weed out psychopathic tendencies and you might have a plan.

RIK
    Participant

The Reapers

We really do live in a natural world, what is the natural world ?
    Well the first thing you think of are trees, rivers and the animals that in habit the world which us humans are a part of as well .
    The wonderful world of nature is a natural system things that grow, reproduce and to further the species that they are part of, its a very competitive race and Darwin theory beautifully explains that .
    So what r the basics of the rules, well to reproduce you need to consume, trees need water and soil, animals need to feed weather thats grass or consuming other animals they all need substance to survive , and when the conditions are ripe we reproduce and so on and so on. Some spieces have been able to utilise other species such as some ants that capture honey off the backs of certain insects they harvest and enslave these insects for there own gain , humans do the same we also enslave other animals as well, this is an evolutionary process, neither good or bad just what is, the fittest for survival. Of corse if the parasite over harvests the host he will endanger him/herself and only do harm , so there has to be a balance isn’t nature wonderful this way , if you look closely you will notice that there is a pattern the seasons are around us every where you look an expansion and contraction process even the planet itself is governed this way with our summers and winters.

We humans have managed to bring this to a fine art, we sow crops for the harvest , or breed sheep and cattle and fatten them up nicely , make sure that the conditions r just right ready for slaughter. So i suppose you have look out for yourself especially if your a sheep, its hard to know if that grass your eating is safe? is it in a corelled paddock with no escape or are you free to run when the harvest time comes around , well that brings me to the bankers of the world.
    How do the bankers work in our natural world ?
    Well they r a cunning animal using there trades, there a bit of a mutant type of breed in that they use the technic of a few different types of animals.

A bit like the the glow fish, or the smelly flower , bright light to attract you to the them the promise of something sweet , an easy meal i suppose the form of credit would work well a something for nothing arrangement and once tasted the addiction can be strong and the more you have the more you want , hmm the grass is juicy here,

But is it safe? The problem being there are lots of others feeding as well if your on your own you tend to be more wary but hey there r plenty around just like you so it must be safe. Herds work well if the predator is only after one or two of you confuse the beast with numbers that way you got a good chance of survival, its a “not me” type of thinking in that I’m strong and the weak ones over there, there the ones to watch out , but what if your all in the same paddock or a globalisation you might say that way we get them all !

Yes they the bankers work a bit like a spider once that first part touches the web your done for very few break free the more you struggle the more likely to get stuck mean while the spider waits very patiently those spiders they let you tire your self out its only once when your exhausted that they come in for the kill with bankers this could be in the form of decades the more patient the bigger the flock grows and the deeper they get in the better. Of course they will need to feed from time to time so a small kill is fine as long as the main flock are growing all will be well.

Chameleon is another animal that comes to mind, with chameleons its a case of you never know what you see is always there, its a decpection
    false information is the trick. Sometimes one can stare for endless hours and never see a thing, all looks natural this is a game played by the media plenty to see but nothing there , the bankers use this like a screen to hide behind the more to look at the less there is, the world is really full of wondrous animals.

Now comes the reaping, this is the final stage the flock have fattened up on all the assets filled with the sweet nectar of credit, stuck in the web unable to break free the paddock gates are locked bit like the government laws putting obstacles in your way the herd feels uneasy a few pop there heads up. Did i hear something! Look around, what? no nothing, hmm more grass
    not to worry every one else is fine. Ssh softly the stalker moves slowly like the lion ready to make his pounce, the flock instinctively move together toward the gate, hearts are beating. The predators now grow confident, bolder, the screen of the chameleon slowly disappears one or two of the flock make a run for it freighting the rest of the herd, animals in all directions a scatter is the first move, the reapers stop, the crowd move slowly together again all walking in unisome now on the move herded toward the pen unknowingly to there death BANG the last law in place the herd has no escape.

The reapers feast and gorge now stronger then before ready to prepare the next paddock even larger than the last. This is the way of the natural world the sheep have had there day feeding and growing and will again as the cycle of life continues.

RIK

rapier
    Participant

The overriding fact is that the economic world is filled beyond overflowing with bank deposits, ie. money, by several orders of magnitude over any previous historic amounts.

A huge portion of that money is held by a tiny few who seek to buy something with it to either, A: want to make it grow, or B: want to preserve it’s ‘value’. Not to buy stuff to live or live well mind you, but just to preserve it or make it grow. For the most part that being by holding the equity or debt of large corporations and US Treasury paper. The perhaps temporary decline in the price of a few hundred billion of those assets, oil related, is not actually a big deal. Not when dozens of trillions are held by those tiny few. The tiny few be they Americans, Russians, Brazilians, Chinese,or whoever who are now being invited to put this ‘money’ into US approved assets. The result has to be the inflation of those assets, especially equity ones, ie. stocks.

Thus a virtuous circle has been created. The ‘money’ flees other places so inflating the approved assets which reinforces the flows into those assets, and on and on again. As Lee Adler calls it, the US the last Ponzi standing.

The thing is this could go on for years. Days perhaps but years too.

Only when the approved debt assets begin to fall in price will anything be changed. Such change cannot I believe be caused by democratic process. It will probably be caused by, in a broad sense, anarchy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.