Debt Rattle December 19 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 19 2017

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Edwin Rosskam Store in alley-dwelling section of Washington, DC 1941   • China’s Growth Story… Don’t Look For A Happy Ending! (Hamilton) • One
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 19 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

“..even hogs busy fattening up don’t have a clue about their imminent slaughter.”
    And so it goes; and the Christmas Slaughter is about to begin…
    The Winter Solstice seems a much more civilized celebration; but then…what do I know?
    In 2017, the Winter Solstice arrives at:
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:28 pm UTC
    Happy Winter Solstice everybody.

Dr. D
    Participant

“It can hide activities such as drug trafficking and terrorism,” Le Maire said of bitcoin.

Q: Is this a) like Wells Fargo and HSBC in world-wide drug trafficking and providing banking for “terrorist” states such as Iran, or b) not like identical support of drug trafficking and terrorism by all the major western banks?

Oh wait, with BTC market cap at $330B max, and the drug trade alone at $500B — NOT including Trillion-odd in arms trafficking to Libya, Syria, Sudan, Kiev, etc, the only POSSIBLE reality is that all the drug trafficking and arms dealing are going through the major banks, the SWIFT system, and therefore the Central Banks of France with the full knowledge and permission of France, England, the United States, etc. YOU are the dealers and terrorists, France et al. Oops, we noticed.

Don’t pull my leg. This is what happens when your crimes are so enormous, so universal they can’t be hidden by any conventional means.

P.S. Anyone see that $21Trillion missing from the U.S.? They wrote multiple $700B line-item transfers — equal to the entire U.S. military budget — on a napkin, then forgot where it went. I’m sure losing $1Trillion/year for 20 years is just an honest mistake, and no one would even notice such small amounts moving around the banking system.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D; but of course; where have you been?
    SNAFU…………………….

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Threats to Bitcoin — governments, banks, hackers — have increasingly appeared to be paper tigers, but a better mousetrap than Satoshi Nakamoto invented could surprisingly be the undoing of the entire crypto market.

Without fail, something or another completely blows my mind every week it seems.

Long video, but eminently worth every minute. Wonderfully done. Learning about Hashgraph for the first time, I find myself alternating between alarm and elation. There’s a new horse in the race, and I wonder if John McAfee placed his bet too soon.

zerosum
    Participant

Definition of la-la land

a euphoric dreamlike mental state detached from the harsher realities of life

Definition of euphoric/euphoria

Euphoria ( /juːˈfɔːriə/ ( listen)) is an affective state in which a person experiences pleasure or excitement and intense feelings of well-being and happiness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep

Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body, characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surroundings.[1] It is distinguished from wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, but is more easily reversed than the state of being comatose. Sleep occurs in repeating periods, in which the body alternates between two distinct modes known as non-REM and REM sleep. Although REM stands for “rapid eye movement”, this mode of sleep has many other aspects, including virtual paralysis of the body. A well-known feature of sleep is the dream, an experience typically recounted in narrative form, which resembles waking life while in progress, but which usually can later be distinguished as fantasy.

My preferred state of sleep is to escape to spacetime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Chris M
    Participant

This debate about alternative currencies like Bitcoin reminds me of something someone once told me:

When your alternative currency starts taking away too many users from the debt money monopolists’ currency, you are now on their radar screen, and you better watch out.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Chris M
    Seems about right to me…
    The BRI China initiated along with Russia, has created the EUREU (Eurasian Economic Union) which has 5 members and counting.
    The U.S. is not invited and the dollar not used; I see a bad moon rising. The U.S. should not act against it but history shows it will; but how?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.